Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold pants

Re: Gold pants

They arent that bad. I would suggest that next time (assuming there is one) to make the purple stripe down the side of the pants more "purplely" (sounds like a line from the movie "Elf") and to make the numbers on the uniform a solid gold with a white border.

They looked great!!

Fugly pants for a fugly season.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

My guess is that it is National Financial League creation to generate sales.
    They have done it for the past years by bringing back the old retro uniforms .... what to get the fan who has everything at Christmas? Why an antique reproduction of course.
    But the Ravens aren't old enough to have ugly historic outfit, so they invented one ....
    They are expecting people to start waving their money at the NFL store to buy it .... here is the color , we have it in an icon
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

5. Re: Gold pants

You know, if we were to wear our black alternate jerseys with those yellow pants next week, Jimmy Clausen might actually throw to the right person by accident once in a while. It'd be like a Steelers intrasquad scrimmage.

In addition to just looking bad, the fact that this makes us look more like our most hated rival is a mistake that someone should have caught long before these pants were even ordered. Heck, it also makes us look more like one of the Redskins alternate looks, too. Just wrong on so many levels.

I've never really liked that yellow has always been our "third color" in theory, even though it's never really shown up in our uniform heavily until now. It has nothing to do with the animal the ravens, and it is way too reminiscent of the Steelers, so why have it? Purple, black, and white. End of story. Maybe even phase out the yellow in the logo.

I remember they used to sell hats with a yellow motif in the first couple years of the team's existence. I remember saying they looked too much like Steelers hats. I think someone even offered to give me one once (He got a bunch on sale or something) and I turned it down.

This kind of reminds me of when they tried to hand out those towels once a year for several years. That was extremely annoying, because, again, our top rival practically has the towel thing trademarked.

Come up with your own stuff.

If we want some sort of accessory product, it should be anything but a towel and it shouldn't be anything wavable.

If we want alternate pants or a third color, come up with something that's not yellow/gold.

It just makes us look like Steelers wannabes, the thought of which makes me want to puke.

I wonder who even approved these?

The best thing I can say about them is that I kind of like that shade of yellow better than some other shades of yellow (i.e. better than school bus yellow) in the abstract. No shade of yellow is a good shade of yellow for the Ravens, though, and especially not with purple or black jerseys.
    Last edited by CharmCityCrab; 12-20-2015 at 11:32 PM.

+1 on hate the yellow pants. (gold, whatever.)
    I think one reason they look so bad is the black helmet. three different colors.

saw this on another thread; retro/throwback uni
    Attachment 3451
    Last edited by sailorsam; 12-21-2015 at 08:44 AM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

If they want to look cool, they need to get the two tone fabric, the black and purple.

Bar none we would have the baddest ass look.

But I guess they just wanted to make the shitty season shittier.

next time they should where the Steelers bumble bee tops (with Baltimore on them of course) and white bottoms. Then pink shoes and helmets for cancer awareness. Now the cheer leaders....

Re: New Jerseys?

Shit looked like the Delaware blue hens. I know Flacco liked them!!

Time to reassess (i.e. piss on) all the oddball Ravens uniform combinations:

• Black over black alternates ... many teams have also gone to the all black look e.g. Philly & Jax. The only thing unique about our team's gold color is its worst feature: the all blacks stripeless leotard look.
    • Purple over black .... lack of contrast.
    • Purple over gold .... absolutely dumbass. If I could think of another derogatory remark that hasn't been stated above, I would add it.

What it should be:

• The classic purple over white for six home games.
    • White over white should be the primary road uniform.
    • Occasional white over purple for road.
    • Occasional white over corrected striped black for road.
    • All purple alternates for 2 home games and TNF.
    • Retire (or totally overhaul) the all blacks.
    • Burn the gold pants.

:T2:
    Last edited by Mista T; 12-21-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

That now makes it 2 people who should be severely reprimanded/suspended/publicly flogged (with a red flag):

1. Whoever calls for the challenge flags from the booth.
    2. Whoever had the gall to approve wearing those pants.

I think the original source of yellow as a Ravens "third color" is the Maryland state flag which has a lot of yellow in it.

And that's fine, but it should remain a minor, complementary color at most in the Ravens uniforms.

Yellow pants = Pissburgh Stoolers. How this was missed by whatever Ravens people made this decision is stupefying.