Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Props to Ravens fans who cheered Boller

I just wanted to thank those of you on this board who were at the game today for the warm reception you gave Boller when he entered the game. I have to admit when I saw him getting ready to come in my heart was in my mouth that he would be booed off the field before he got to the huddle. It's nice to know I was so very wrong!

Re: Props to Ravens fans who cheered Boller

Not only that AZ, but remember how you thought Heap was backhanding Boller by talking about McNair?

"He came in confident," said tight end Todd Heap. "The whole time, sitting behind Steve, he's been a professional. And he's prepared every week like he was playing, and nothing was different today. He came in and knew what was going on and he was very sharp."

People were actually chanting for Boller on the first two possessions. Even after the fumble. When he came back in, the section next to us was actually standing and chanting for him. And it seems Boller heard that and was given a nice shot of confidence:

"It was awesome," said Boller, who was 17-for-31 for 226 yards and three touchdowns. "The fans in Baltimore are great. At times, they're frustrated, but they deserve to be frustrated. All I can do is go out there and give my best and try to move the ball."

As I'm at the game, right before I got hurt my Father in Law called & said when is Boller going in? Everyone around me was asking the same, expecially after McNair hit the wide open Heap defender & missed the wide open Heap.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I noticed that Stringer, but frankly I think heap sings out of both sides of his mouth. I still don't see how Boller could take some of Heaps previous comments about how great it was to have a quarterback who could do this or that as anything but a slam. At any rate, I'm glad he played decently and was well received.

I just wanted to thank those of you on this board who were at the game today for the warm reception you gave Boller when he entered the game.
    I attend every game, includes the Colts game when a few miscreants cheered Kyle's injury. There were only a handful of them, perhaps 100-200, but they got undue notoriety. I honestly believe that the vast majority of Ravens fans supported him today, coming off the bench. Most of the stadium gave Boller a warm welcome (after a polite clapping for the injured McNair). Don't let these message boards fool you: we have a pretty good & mature fan base.

Last edited by Mista T; 10-15-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Comments like that make me hope the best for Kyle.

The kid is a competitor and a work-horse. He makes his mistakes, but I just feel like he's got so much to offer. If he could further develop his poise and decision making, he'll be a hell of a QB. McNair's lack of arm strength and accuracy at times makes one realize that Boller REALLY does have the tools to be good in this league.

With that being said, I don't care who is behind center this season. I just hope they are winning!

Kyle played great for being understandably rusty.

What I think is funny how he overthrows two receivers, one of which hit Clayton's hands, and people were all over him. McNair has been under/over throwing most of the season.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the fans were cheering that anybody but McNair was coming in. I heard people yelling for Kyle after the first possession.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Judging by the comments Boller made, I think that gesture by the fans really hit him with some confidence, which showed on the field. I was expecting the worst, especially from my section because a LOT of those people were the ones cheering Boller's injury.

And the cheering seemed genuine. So kudos to the fanbase today.

I still don't see how Boller could take some of Heaps previous comments about how great it was to have a quarterback who could do this or that as anything but a slam.
    Ehhh, I still think you are over-analyzing that a bit.

Here's another one for ya AZ. Now I can guarantee not even I would have thought anyone would have said this about Boller anymore:

"I was hoping that we would get one more opportunity to get the ball in our hands," Heap said. "And it was frustrating that we didn't get that one more opportunity because I had a good feeling that if we got the ball, we'd go down and score. It just didn't work out for us."

Boller is nothing but pure class,in the post game interview the questions were coming hard and heavy about the offense and all he did was talk about the one mistake he made on that INT.Said he thought the reciever was open for a split second but he shouldnt have thrown it.

He never makes any excuses and always puts everything on himself,maybe Jamal should take some notes on personal accountability from Boller and stop blaming everyone else for his problems.

Todd Heap is a bit of an insincere Polyanna with maybe a touch of brown at the tip of his sniffer, but he is one helluva tight end too.

Catch those tough ones, Todd, and leave the performance evaluations to pros like Aaron and Tony.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM