Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: At what point do you sit McNair???

I agree. To hell with what anyone thinks about McNair Vs. Boller and whatever debates you want to have. Steve McNair established an NFL low record last night. 63 yars passing with over 13 completions.

When you dirt a 20 foot swing pass to a wide open back, that is a bad sign. And what annoys me more is that he had the bye week AND 2 more weeks to prepare and get back into shape to play.

This year is over, I don't care what anyone thinks we can do at this point. With Cleveland, Indy, NE, San Diego, and Pittsburgh coming up again, we are going to be lucky to go 8-8 with this offense.

And Billick should be fired for leaving McNair in as long as he did, and for immediately naming him the starter after the game.

On one hand, I have in a way always admired Billick's loyalty to his starters, loyalty being an admirable trait and all, but he's got to wake up about McNair. At this point, it's not so much loyalty as it is stubborness and bad decision-making.

I think they mentioned during last night's telecast that McNair is leading the league in fumbles. Considering he's missed a couple of games, that's a staggering stat. And when it takes him 13 completions to get 63 yards, that's just pathetic. And this game convinced me that it's NOT just the playcalling -- McNair can't throw long anymore, plain and simple. For all the talk about how this month off has re-energized him, it didn't look like it on the field.

I think the time to sit him is now, but I don't see it happening. It sounds like Billick is going to stick with him too long.

McNair was in way too long...PERIOD!! Brian's fault!

I think this week that if McNair plays the same as he has shown, it will be yank time (see Case, Banks, etc...), and Billick will name Boller the starter. I feel McNair gets benched this Sunday as Brian has demonstrated this same type of QB rationale in the past, but it is only my opinion. By dong it at home this week, it may send a message of hope to a team grasping at this point for postives.

P.S.
    Our defensive line and LB's again played their asses off! Although the sacks should have been greater the pressure was there and Ben was able to overcome and pick apart our secondary. Props to Buddy Lee and Ngata whos shut down Parker who was a league leader in rushing!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The defense jumps around after tackles to fire each other up, they kept playing their asses off and though it looks tacky at times it works. They played their asses off the second half with no hope.

The second half of last season's playoff game. I was hoping for Boller in the second half back then.

McNair has lost it. Unfortunately, he started losing it at the end of last season.
    Al

Why can everyone on Earth see McNair is DONE except the one guy that matters. That is what people mean when they call Billick arrogant.

do some of you that talk on here watch the games or do you just make stuff up as you hear it.....what has boller ever proven?he played this year and the offense still sucked mcnair took us 13 and 3 last year and now all of a sudden most of you genius know he was done in the playoffs lastyear.pay attention to the game then speak he played well all of last year boller has never done anything worth saying lets start this kid.i admit mcnair has not looked great but neither has 75 percent of our team our O-line sucks including the great ogden as he looked like shit lastnight and has no heartwhile ed reed ray lewis and bart scott never gave up lastnight mcnair ogden and mcgahee are on the sideline joking and laughing and we were down 28 points.our secondary w/out c-mac and rolle we are HORRIBLE.yamon figurs is a sissy,d.martin belongs in high school with pittman c ivy should quit.look i think some people on here should watch the games and look at the whole picture boller sucks and always will the offense has no drive or heart and billick is a offensive jackass BOTTOM LINE we loss this week its over pack it up for next year!!!!!

do some of you that talk on here watch the games or do you just make stuff up as you hear it.....what has boller ever proven?
    He might not be the answer, but even Boller never had a game like McNair had last night. According to ESPN, no QB has ever had fewer yards passing than McNair had last night with 13 completions. The guy has had a great career but he is obviously done. It's not all his fault of course, but he can't throw and he can't avoid a rush anymore -- he's leading the league in fumbles and he hasn't even played every game. He's washed up, get over it. You sound like you are the one who didn't see the MNF game.

mcnair took us 13 and 3 last year and now all of a sudden most of you genius know he was done in the playoffs lastyear
    I have a pair of working eyes, do you?

McNair started sucking midway through the 2006 season. I was at the Denver game, he was horrible (in the rain). He was horrible in Cincy (in the rain). He did jack vs. CLE at home before Boller rescued him. The Buffalo and Indy home games stunk. There were enough warning signs. Fast forward to 2007 and he leads the NFL in fumbles and looks completely lost. I don't know what team you're watching, but McNair is done. Put a forkin him.

And it blows my mind that Billick can't call a turd performance a turd performance "How would you categorize McNair's play?" "I'll leave that to you". F*cking wuss.

It's as if he's deathly afraid of stepping on an ego or pissing his players off, whether they need it or not. And they need it, bad.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

bmorebirds_24, the enter key is your friend.

This is how you use it.

This is how you get your point across where people can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I have a pair of working eyes, do you?

And it blows my mind that Billick can't call a turd performance a turd performance "How would you categorize McNair's play?" "I'll leave that to you". F*cking wuss.

It's as if he's deathly afraid of stepping on an ego or pissing his players off, whether they need it or not. And they need it, bad.
    He probably is afraid to piss off the whiney asses in the locker room or they'll go whine to Stevie and he'll get a public whipping again. I think that was the ultimate message Steve's last dressing down gave, the players control the locker room and Billick needs to play nice and get along with them.

12. Re: At what point do you sit McNair???

McNair simply doesn't have it.
    He should be benched now.