Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Brian

Bye Bye Brian

It rips my heart out to admit this too ...

It's time. Brian was a Modell pick and Bisciotti has no real alligence to Brian. It's time those two talk, allow Brian to quit with dignity, put him up right away in the ring of honor and lets start looking for new coach.

May also be time to do the same with JO and (cringe) Ray Ray.

Damn, that was even hard to write ... :(

Re: Bye Bye Brian

They Won't Fire Him

Brian??? Three veterans of this team turned the ball over four times in the first half...McNair, McGahee and Reed. Not sure how that is Billicks fault.

Once again, turnovers and penalties are a direct result of the team not being focused and prepared to play, which falls on the HEAD COACH. Brian Billick is the Baltimore Ravens head coach, therefore, he is the one to blame.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Once again, turnovers and penalties are a direct result of the team not being focused and prepared to play, which falls on the HEAD COACH. Brian Billick is the Baltimore Ravens head coach, therefore, he is the one to blame.
    Please, please, please get rid of Billick, and for the love of god take Mcnair with him, I may now hate Mcnair more than Rothlisfagger
    Last edited by Admin Steve; 11-06-2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    These guys are veterans...what do you think Billick forgot to tell them each individually, "oh yeah, and don't fumble the ball tonight"? I am not supporting Billick here but c'mon, there are instances where it is not Billick's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    These guys are veterans...what do you think Billick forgot to tell them each individually, "oh yeah, and don't fumble the ball tonight"? I am not supporting Billick here but c'mon, there are instances where it is not Billick's fault.

you could not be more right about that, but i still want to see him go
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

The team looks uncoached, unprepared and that is always the fault of the coaches. These are suppose to be professional football players, not little league kids. They are suppose to hold onto the football, not throw interceptions, not create penalties, and be prepared every week. This is a combined effort and the coach set the tone from the top. The team looks like it could implode at any time.

Looks like I am in the minority, but I don't want to see Brian go.

He has his flaws, but he doesn't strike me as stupid and yesterday was a display of stupidity. Almost like a team wanting to or being setup to fail.

I don't know what the problem is, but Brian is coming across as a man not in actual charge of his team.

Last year when the team was struggling leading into the bye, he fired Jim Fassel, made the changes he deemed necessary and the team went on a roll (with a few bumps). This year, same situation basically and this is the best he could come up with? I don't think he got that incompetent/uncreative/dumb in a year by choice or natural progression.

To me, it seems like he can't make the changes we can all clearly see need to be made. Whether it's players, front office or owner exercising power, don't know, but something seems very very dysfunctional.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne
    I agree -- there are legitimate arguments for blaming Billick for certain things, but last night's turnovers and a porous, injury-riddled secondary are not his fault.

Even so, such a piss-poor performance coming off a bye was very disappointing. The OL couldn't block, McNair couldn't pass, the secondary couldn't cover -- worst all-around performance in a long time. The run defense was stellar but it was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    Looks like I am in the minority, but I don't want to see Brian go.

He has his flaws, but he doesn't strike me as stupid and yesterday was a display of stupidity. Almost like a team wanting to or being setup to fail.

I don't know what the problem is, but Brian is coming across as a man not in actual charge of his team.

Last year when the team was struggling leading into the bye, he fired Jim Fassel, made the changes he deemed necessary and the team went on a roll (with a few bumps). This year, same situation basically and this is the best he could come up with? I don't think he got that incompetent/uncreative/dumb in a year by choice or natural progression.

To me, it seems like he can't make the changes we can all clearly see need to be made. Whether it's players, front office or owner exercising power, don't know, but something seems very very dysfunctional.
    If someone in your company was only doing half his job effectively, would you keep him or her around?

He has put great defenses on the field, but has failed (miserably) with a side of theball thats supposed to be his bread and butter.

You listed all valid reasons to get rid of him, not keep him.

I like Brian. And it kills me to say it. But the team executes poorly and every game they do things that show lack of discipline.

Brian failed by staying with McNair when it was obvious he had NOTHING!!

The turnovers were not his doing, but staying too long with McNair was.