Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: I think I've joined the darkside...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    It doesn't matter who is QB of this team. The OLine can't block. The WRs can't catch a ball. The play book has two pages. We're screwed.... :bag:
    Yep- Get a coach then worry about a QB.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: I think I've joined the darkside...

The called plays might work. McNair can't throw far enough to do anything but check down. Who knows what plays are called when every pass is dumped off.

Boller at least forced the ball down the field, overthrown as it was.

3. Re: I think I've joined the darkside...

The called plays might work? Funny, but not exactly a game plan for success.
    I'm just fed up with the whole attitude of this team. Penalties, mistakes, terrible offense, radio shows, laughter, schematic-dynamic-pooptastic- All on Brain Billick.

And Boller was erratic his own damn self.

Over the next few weeks, we all should go to the game, and just enjoy football for what it is. Enjoy seeing some good teams play, even if they kill us and realize it's all a game, it's all entertainment. Drink some beer, chat with friends, and be glad you have somewhere to go and something to do on a Sunday afternoon. The players all go home after the game in their BMW's and limos and we are left here fuming like it's the end of the world. It's not. Our season is just over earlier than we like.

I'm a huge McNair fan but he looks ancient suddenly. He looks done.

The season is over, it's been over from the very start hindsight being 20/20.

Boller is only the answer if we want to ascend to mediocrity. Boller is not capable of leading this team to the playoffs. If we want to win we'll have to look at other answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I am not sold on Boller but I am sold on McNair, he is done.
    It sure looks that way -- I kept hearing and reading that because he basically had a month off, he was throwing the ball in practice this past week with some zip, but that was apparently fiction. It seems he cannot throw even a mid-range pass now.

If three weeks off didn't help him, then yes, I think he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    It sure looks that way -- I kept hearing and reading that because he basically had a month off, he was throwing the ball in practice this past week with some zip, but that was apparently fiction. It seems he cannot throw even a mid-range pass now.

If three weeks off didn't help him, then yes, I think he's done.
    HHMMMMM...I wonder if that Red Jersey (don't hit me i'm a quarterback) he wears in practice has any superpower added so he can "zip" the ball around at practice. SURE CAN'T ZIP IT DURING A GAME!!

DONE!!

McNair should be pulled with immediate effect. He is physically, and apparently mentally, incapable of performing at a basic level as a QB. Billick needs to be made aware, if he didn't know, that if he continues with Steve then he'll be going down with him.

I'm pissed because 50% of my jerseys are now obsolete. First Jamal, now McNair, which is my favorite one. I'll hang onto it at least until a December night game, so we can use it to keep us warm for a couple of minutes after I've tossed it on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    I'm just fed up with the whole attitude of this team. Penalties, mistakes, terrible offense, radio shows, laughter, schematic-dynamic-pooptastic- All on Brain Billick.
    Bert is right.

1) What are these guys thinking?
    2) Why does BB &/or RR let them get away with it.

Aside from everything else today its great to read on the Pitt Post and ESPN about them laughing at the Ravens little stunt during the coin toss.

PG
    "The Ravens showed up last night with every intention of causing similar mayhem. In a ridiculous scene during the coin toss, they marched halfway on the field en masse to make it clear they were in town to rumble. Roethlisberger made sure this fight was over early."
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07310/831530-87.stm

ESPN
    "Asked if he noticed the Ravens' college-style motivational stunt for the coin toss, Ward said he had. And so had, he allowed, most of his teammates.

"It's like they were upset the league scheduled them to play us for our big anniversary game," Ward said. "Like they felt they were the visiting homecoming team or something, you know? But this had nothing to do with them. This was a night for the Steelers, for our history, and maybe for our future. We were definitely the more physical team tonight. It felt good to go out and hit some Ravens, and to have them know they were hit."
    Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3096571

But hey Rex Ryan just said on the radio that the fans have to get up for the Bengals game- that the Steelers game was only one game...the coaches and players are in a fantasy world....

so much for all of their talk about "the bad taste in our mouth" from wetting the bed during the Colts game...
    Last edited by SHORTTRACK; 11-06-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I'm a huge McNair fan but he looks ancient suddenly. He looks done.

The season is over, it's been over from the very start hindsight being 20/20.

Boller is only the answer if we want to ascend to mediocrity. Boller is not capable of leading this team to the playoffs. If we want to win we'll have to look at other answers.
    Well said Ruston.

For clarity's sake: "other answers" does NOT mean Troy Smith in '07.

If Billick does get fired after this year, I will always wonder how we would have looked if he had *ever* had a legitimate starting qb and a legitimate starting rb in the same season. To quote the Tootsie Pop ads, the world may never know.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

True, festivus...the world may never know....but can't seem to make anything work when it really really matters on offense.

Since 2000 it seems about every national, away, and rain game gives everyone the hives.

We'll see what happens here, I'm pulling for these young guys to be lightning in a bottle.

Fans and coaches will also see who the real professionals are this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JonG316 View Post
    Billick should be fired the second McNair steps on the field as the starter next week if that actually happens in real life.
    Hear, Hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1