Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Start looking at the Draft

This season is over after raising our tickets 33% and we get a team like this. Hey maybe they will cut the price next year.

Time to look at the Draft

Re: Start looking at the Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ravens138 View Post
    This season is over after raising our tickets 33% and we get a team like this. Hey maybe they will cut the price next year.

Time to look at the Draft
    25%, not 33% .... and they wont go up again till 2009.

Good news is we should be in good position to get one of the top three QBs. If not that, I think CB is clearly our next biggest need.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

DF commented on his show this morning that, based on what he knows of Rolle's health problems, he does not personally think Rolle will be back next year. Hardly a surprise, if true.

Anyway concerning next year's draft, we have glaring holes at QB and at CB. Ideally we will get one elite player in the 1st round of the draft and another elite player as a free agent, because sub-elite talent at either position will not cut it for a team so well stocked at other positions.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    DF commented on his show this morning that, based on what he knows of Rolle's health problems, he does not personally think Rolle will be back next year. Hardly a surprise, if true.

Anyway concerning next year's draft, we have glaring holes at QB and at CB. Ideally we will get one elite player in the 1st round of the draft and another elite player as a free agent, because sub-elite talent at either position will not cut it for a team so well stocked at other positions.
    Rolle won't play again this year IMO.

PP

go after samuel, draft a QB, and then see what there is at the top of the second round?

ER, I'm ok with that plan...

I dont know if this has been said anywhere but i think the team should look at trying to trade for Mcnabb. I think the Eagles will look to dump him after the year especially since they have a decent QB waiting behind him. Maybe try to draft another qb in round 1-3 and let him develop for a year or two. I dont think it is a terrible idea because Mcnabb still has a couple of years left in him. Just a thought though.

TBOE #16

Quote Originally Posted by TBOERaven16 View Post
    I dont know if this has been said anywhere but i think the team should look at trying to trade for Mcnabb. I think the Eagles will look to dump him after the year especially since they have a decent QB waiting behind him. Maybe try to draft another qb in round 1-3 and let him develop for a year or two. I dont think it is a terrible idea because Mcnabb still has a couple of years left in him. Just a thought though.

TBOE #16
    Not only know but hell no. Who ever knew that Rush Limbaugh would have been proven right about him?

He's a career 86 QB rating QB who is on the downside os his career. He isnt doing all that much in Philly this season with no healthy receivers so why bring him here with no real receivers. Not to mention, he is going to demand a huge cap hit.

Stick with Boller and Smith for now and see how that flies. If that doesnt work, we always have the draft.

Is it bad that I kind of want us to take a CB this year and suck next year so bad that we get Tim Tebow and finally have a franchise guy we can build around?

I know that there are like 5 good QB prospects in this draft but honestly I don't know if I'm totally sold on any of them. Tebow is a sure thing.

And quite frankly, I don't think we are going to turn it around quickly enough to be anything but playoff fodder to the Pats and Colts. Might as well rebuild now when there is an ultra-dominant team instead of when there is a power vacuum and every team has a chance.

We have no need to rebuild. Alot of the players that we want to see win the superbowl don't have time to rebuild. We just need to get a CB, and a new Coach. Lets bring Marty to B-more.
    What you talkin' about Willis?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Is it bad that I kind of want us to take a CB this year and suck next year so bad that we get Tim Tebow and finally have a franchise guy we can build around?

I know that there are like 5 good QB prospects in this draft but honestly I don't know if I'm totally sold on any of them. Tebow is a sure thing.

And quite frankly, I don't think we are going to turn it around quickly enough to be anything but playoff fodder to the Pats and Colts. Might as well rebuild now when there is an ultra-dominant team instead of when there is a power vacuum and every team has a chance.
    Agreed on most of your post, however as much as I love Tebow, we won't be bad enough to be that high in the draft to get him. I agree that he's a sure thing, but he has the mentality of a fullback and I don't know how long he'd last in the NFL the way he runs.......but I'd take him in a heartbeat!!!

I honestly could deal with a Boller/Smith tandem next year as long as we got Dennis Dixon in next years draft.....he could sit and learn our offense (should only take a few weeks ) and absorb NFL speed and defensive schemes......