View Poll Results: Should RSR Get Rid of the Rep System?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 42.86%
  • No

20 57.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: OT -- Should RSR Get Rid of the Rep System?

Mine was green until the autistic mod gave me an infraction. Now it seems like I'll be red forever!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    What seems weird to me is that the only time I can see the reputation comments I've received is when I click on a notification that I have a new one. They have to be stored somewhere, why can't I access them?
    Did you banish them to the Ignoratory?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Point is, rep system should stay, but be tweaked. Negative rep should come with the requirement of putting your name to it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah, so for example, I got one that said "get off the board you moron" and then another that said "idiot".

Like personally I dont care if you think that, I just hate how it's a cowardly way to insult me.... be a man and assign your name. I always assign GWNR to the end of my rep comments (as do most people).
    They should modify the system so that your name is automatically displayed when you leave a comment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Mine was green until the autistic mod gave me an infraction. Now it seems like I'll be red forever!
    I just left you a positive rep, yet you got even more red. Wierd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I always get the "You must spread some Reputation around before Touching Down There again."

So sad.
    I can only imagine...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Because some are upset, it needs to be changed? NO way, let it, if you change one thing, soon someone will mwant something else. Agree about ID'ing yourself.

The old saying "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing". That's what I sense here, from personal experience on RSR, some posters are not the same when they PM you. On the forum, they act different.

If you come on a forum, you get exposed to all types of posters. Got to have thick skin, or else they prey on you.

So in essence, one area of RSR is annoying posters, ignore it. It's a great forum with the exception of a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Because some are upset, it needs to be changed? NO way, let it, if you change one thing, soon someone will mwant something else. Agree about ID'ing yourself.

The old saying "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing". That's what I sense here, from personal experience on RSR, some posters are not the same when they PM you. On the forum, they act different.

If you come on a forum, you get exposed to all types of posters. Got to have thick skin, or else they prey on you.

So in essence, one area of RSR is annoying posters, ignore it. It's a great forum with the exception of a few things.
    I think the general consensus is to make it so peoples names will show, so that it can't become an anonymous way to send insults or threats wihtout repercussions.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

How would even send a message anonymously? I thought any message you send has your name attached to it? Are we talking about private messages or the "add to user's reputation" function?

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    How would even send a message anonymously? I thought any message you send has your name attached to it? Are we talking about private messages or the "add to user's reputation" function?
    Add to users reputation function.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

We've all seen how some can post and make it uneasy for new posters. How posters get the heat by posters who seem to do it all the time. Now is that worse then the rep system. Let it stay the same, look and see who complains about it the most and you wonder what's up. Not like they have the red marks, so why complain, their RSR super posters. So someone disagrees with them and they want their names. Guess we can figure what happens next, SMH.

On a side note, I'm betting the mods have their hands full with all this BS. They know who complains the most to them. Could be a sign if they read it right.

Blog Entries

The rep system is staying. I was not aware however that anonymous comments could be left. I have fixed that.

So now a comment is required for both pos and neg and the recipient can see who sent the reputation.

I'm closing this thread now since it has run its course.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.