Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT- Active Shooter In San Bernardino, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Crime of all types are at a 30 year low, or something similar. Correct?
    To include mass shootings, yep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Things have never been safer in this country. No reason to be alarmist.

The reason is because this stuff is now spilling into areas that it hasn't been before. Where I am there has always been muggings and violence and the occasional gang issues in the cities but not in the suburbs. Recently we have a home invasion where they burn a woman and her daughters to death after sexually assaulting them and Sandy Hook which is 2 towns North of where I live.

We've had other more mundane murders in the past like the crazy kid who shot his father and the person who put up a wire on a ATV path killing a rider. This real nasty evil and random stuff is something new to my area and seeing those acts happen again and again should be alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The reason is because this stuff is now spilling into areas that it hasn't been before. Where I am there has always been muggings and violence and the occasional gang issues in the cities but not in the suburbs. Recently we have a home invasion where they burn a woman and her daughters to death after sexually assaulting them and Sandy Hook which is 2 towns North of where I live.

We've had other more mundane murders in the past like the crazy kid who shot his father and the person who put up a wire on a ATV path killing a rider. This real nasty evil and random stuff is something new to my area and seeing those acts happen again and again should be alarming.
    Then perhaps it's perception. There's nothing new about mass killings. But I can see if it hasn't happened close to home, it would have the effect of being close to home.

I worked in and around DC on 9/11 and again during the DC Sniper stuff. I thought the word was ending during those events.

Amazing to hear it's safer in this country, SMH. Like to see those stats and how they were arrived at. Who did this survey or what ever. I'm just not believing that , after seeing what happened in Baltimore and other towns that experienced riots. The news is full of crime, everyday. Baltimore going for the record in murders this year. Definite rise in crime in Baltimore, SMH.

Posters saying it, doesn't mean anything to me. Hell, most of people in MD carry guns, LOL. Show some proof to back up the statement.

Latest on these shooting, one man and one woman dead. Confusion to whether they have a suspect in custody or not. A holiday party was involved and someone left and came back with friends, according to what I read. A officer was wounded in shoot out at SUV.

Guess we'll hear tomorrow on any other news. Crazy these days, watch what you say to people, you never know how crazy they might be.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 12-03-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

the world is more nuts these days. its def more scary for sure

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Latest on these shooting, one man and one woman dead. Confusion to whether they have a suspect in custody or not. A holiday party was involved and someone left and came back with friends, according to what I read. A officer was wounded in shoot out at SUV.
    A terrorist attack?

One of the killers was identified as Syed Farook

........... Federal authorities were not ruling out the possibility of terrorism, the official said, largely because of what appears to be detailed planning involved in the attack, including the number of suspects involved, the tactical clothing worn by the suspects and the attempted plan for escape. The involvement of a woman in the attacks also marks a very rare turn for similar domestic shootings, which typically involve male gunmen.
    Meanwhile, dumfuck bleeding hearts whine because most Americans (includes all GOP candidates) want Syrian immigration curtailed to stop terrorists, and keep pounding on lunatic gun control measures.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Meanwhile, dumfuck bleeding hearts whine because most Americans (includes all GOP candidates) want Syrian immigration curtailed to stop terrorists, and keep pounding on lunatic gun control measures.
    What terrorist attacks have been committed by Syrian refugees? Do you understand that they are fleeing terror attacks in their own country?

As far as I know domestic terrorists, armed with domestic weapons have done more damage, than any foreign group....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What terrorist attacks have been committed by Syrian refugees?

Unbelievable!

Perhaps you may have missed the news of the terrorist attacks in Paris. Fuckin' terrorists slipped into Greece, subsequently into Western Europe, using forged passports, comingled with true Syrian refugees.

==================================================================

Update on the killers:

Two suspects — 28-year-old Syed Rizwan Farook and 27-year-old Tashfeen Malik — were killed during the police pursuit
    Now let's watch the liberal news media paint a soft picture of "Syed" and "Tashfeen" as misunderstood youths, not terrorists.

As long as we continue the boneheaded porous-border policies of the current Administration, expect terrorist attacks to recur.

===================================================

President Obama called for stricter gun control in the wake of the shootings.
    What an asshole!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Unbelievable!

Perhaps you may have missed the news of the terrorist attacks in Paris. Fuckin' terrorists slipped into Greece, subsequently into Western Europe, using forged passports, comingled with true Syrian refugees.
    When I asked that, I mean attacks by *legitimate* Syrians refugees. Not extremists posing as refugees. I believe that the process in this country for vetting these refugees is much more thorough than the checks the French were doing at the time. Having a fake name passport is not going to work here because they need to do much more than just have a passport to get in. Obviously if you let any random person in, you will have a problem-but thats not the way it works here.

Update on the killers:

Now let's watch the liberal news media paint a soft picture of "Syed" and "Tashfeen" as misunderstood youths, not terrorists.

As long as we continue the boneheaded porous-border policies of the current Administration, expect terrorist attacks to recur.

I do agree that this was a terrorist attack, but I am not sure what it has to do with border policy, or Obama? I believe the suspects were actually American citizens...I don't follow the liberal media, but why would they paint terrorists who killed people as misunderstood youths?
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 12-03-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Unbelievable!

Update on the killers:

What an asshole!
    Tashfeen is from the Middle East. Yes, an immigrant. Yes, both were Muslims.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Tashfeen is from the Middle East. Yes, an immigrant. Yes, both were Muslims.
    I'll wait for the final report. Their names definitely give support to terrorist association, but are they. Media claimed no shouting like typical terrorists. Read one report of AK47 type weapons , which is the favorite weapon they say for terrorists(Don't really know). Muslim, maybe terrorists. Their attire was maybe another clue.

I'll wait for that report, the intelligence community is going to be all over this case.

Expect the some muslim group to claim profiling if these 2 acted on their own. It's how it is now days.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 12-03-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What terrorist attacks have been committed by Syrian refugees? Do you understand that they are fleeing terror attacks in their own country?

As far as I know domestic terrorists, armed with domestic weapons have done more damage, than any foreign group....
    Unbelievable!

Actually, it appears as if most/all of the Paris attacker were European nationals that may have been using the refugee crises to more easily move back and forth from the Middle East (since many were already on some form of terrorist watch list).

Federica Mogherini, the EU's chief diplomat, said all the attackers are believed to be EU citizens, however, raising the possibility the man was using the fake passport to re-enter Europe, possibly because his real identity was on a watch list.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-suspects.html

I suspect that 99.9% of the Syrian refugees are normal people trying to get as far away as possible from the ISIS assholes.