Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT- Active Shooter In San Bernardino, CA.

Only friends I have seen carry are off duty police. Those DEA Thursday night parties were outrageous. The stories those people would tell. When they drink heavy(which they do often), I worry about them. Thank God nothing has happened . To speak that "most Marylanders do" is most likely wrong based on what I have seen in my years in MD. How someone cam make that statement is strange. Maybe gun permits or something. Guess someone can google it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Most Marylanders do.

Care to clarify so I know what angle you're coming from here?

Not trying to be an ass or anything, just not sure what you're trying to say HR.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Care to clarify so I know what angle you're coming from here?

Not trying to be an ass or anything, just not sure what you're trying to say HR.
    Most Marylanders cannot fathom an accurate reality where people who are not law enforcement are walking among them carrying concealed firearms. Thus, the picture in their minds are much like yours -- grannies with Glocks -- when the reality is the overwhelming majority of people who do carry concealed are people like me -- law abiding citizens, properly trained, middles aged, etc.

Ted is on point. It's not a coincidence these shootings keep happening in gun free zones.

MD population 2014=little over 5.9 million.

ND gun permit holders 4/2014=14,298

I did google it, smh.

Maybe the residents of Baltimore city have the most guns, LOL. City residents 2014= little over 622,000

Read were the shooters were believed to have long guns believed to be AK47's. No comment yet on whether it was terrorists. AK47's, could be a good sign of terrorists.

CNN just let slip a shot of a dead gunmen on the road. Looks like they got at least one of them.

Various police/emergency scanners in the San Bernardino area...

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/218
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Most Marylanders cannot fathom an accurate reality where people who are not law enforcement are walking among them carrying concealed firearms. Thus, the picture in their minds are much like yours -- grannies with Glocks -- when the reality is the overwhelming majority of people who do carry concealed are people like me -- law abiding citizens, properly trained, middles aged, etc.

Ted is on point. It's not a coincidence these shootings keep happening in gun free zones.
    I got no problem with properly trained citizens such as yourself that are legally authorized to carry and do so responsibly.
    One never knows when a situation such as today or others of recent times occurs and somebody like yourself is there to potentially save lives, etc.
    What I do have a problem with is making it a situation where it's much easier to obtain and carry a weapon with laws that would permit this and too many people carrying that don't know what they're doing.
    THese people could potentially cause other problems, kill innocent people by accident, be too quick to draw and fire, etc.
    THat is what I mean by the grannies, etc.

THis is a touchy subject where both points of view have merit and need to be examined appropriately.

I think the bottom line here though is that guns are being used to commit many of these mass shootings, etc. that were at one time obtained by somebody in a legal fashion and have gotten into the hands of the wrong people in one way or another.

I'm not one of these liberals that thinks all guns should be banned, etc.

I think i'm more of a common sense type dude that knows guns have their appropriate reason for being obtained and would like to see more stringent and appropriate ways to try to keep guns out of the wrong hands both by the gun dealers (stores, etc.) and the people that own them that can be laxed in how they store them and allow them to be used buy the wrong individuals.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Hearing on the scanner that one suspect is in custody, but LE may have a co-conspirator on the 2nd floor at a Wells Fargo location.

LE is also sweeping the Amazon fulfillment center (people were seen running from there earlier). May be completely unrelated though.

EDIT:
    Wells Fargo not related. Apparently, citizens are just reporting anything out of the ordinary.
    A parking garage at a shopping center is being surrounded now. Traffic perimeter being set.
    The Amazon sweep looks to be a better safe than sorry event.
    Tough duty for these guys today.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

CNN is reporting two are dead and a third suspect may be barricaded in a home.

i hope they get one of these guys alive...want answers!!

TV coverage showing actual vehicle with suspects in it. One dead, one wounded, still in vehicle, one being chased. Police worried about explosives and handling with caution. A shoot out occurred.