Who knew Steve Smith was so good?

Apparently not our secondary and coaching staff. How is he not doubled-teamed most of the game? Make Keyshawn and the rest beat you.

That last TD was inexcusable.

FHRaven

Re: Who knew Steve Smith was so good?

In all fairness, covering Steve Smith wasn't in the game plan.

We had figured on letting the Panthers score a whole lot of points so Kyle could lead this team to victory in the fourth quarter.

Notice how we had three time outs left after the two minute warning.

It was bloody brilliant I tell you.

Of course someone forgot to actually use those time outs, but that's another story.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The last TD was crap. Apparently Reed bit on a play fake but still. No safety help on arguably the best WR in the NFL.

I could not believe how open Smith was in the middle of the field. No one was within 15 yards of him easily. How there was no help in the middle of the field is beyond me.

Watch the tape guys on the last Steve Smith touchdown

It was Ed Reed's fault -- he bit on a short route and didn't cover on top

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Watch the tape guys on the last Steve Smith touchdown

It was Ed Reed's fault -- he bit on a short route and didn't cover on top
    That's the route (the short route) that you give up at this point of the game. Reed definitely hurt us there. Are our defenders free lancing too much?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Im starting to think Smith is one of if not the best WR in the league right now.

Moss? Dissappeared in Oakland, say what you want about that team but the best WR in the NFL doesnt dissappear that badly anywhere.

TO? Virtually invisible thuis far, save for his big game yesterday against the Texans, big deal.

I cant really think of anyone else. Can you guys?
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I love Ed Reed . . . really I do. That said, doesn't Ed has a history of playing out of position? Seems to me this freelancing has been a problem for him since he started playing here. When it works . . . . it's beautiful . . . . when it doesn't . . . . :bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    I love Ed Reed . . . really I do. That said, doesn't Ed has a history of playing out of position? Seems to me this freelancing has been a problem for him since he started playing here. When it works . . . . it's beautiful . . . . when it doesn't . . . . :bag:
    Exactly, that's why I believe players like Gary Baxter and Will Demps looked bad sometimes. Two examples come to mind for this one. That game at Cleveland opening day 2004 when Quincy Morgan (I think it was him) had that long touchdown and Will Demps was chasing him down the field. After the game, it was said Reed had a miscommunication with him. As for Gary Baxter, the final game of the 2004 season against Miami on the opening play when he got burned for a touchdown. Again, afterwards, it was said there was a miscommunication between the secondary, and I think both Reed and Demps were involved on that one.

Ed Reed plays alot like Larvar Arrington, he free lances to much
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I agree that Reed is out of position way too often. Ray and coach Ryan need to have a talk w/ Ed and put a stop to this. If Reed played in his spots more he would make more pix.

FM