Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Chicago Police Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    youre adding that hes waiting to see what happens. you dont wait to see. you treat it the same. if he makes a move toward the guy, tasered or not, you shoot. im not sure whats so difficult about that, or putting an officer in danger any more than they were to begin with.

again, neither one of you are addressing that this is exactly what the first responding officers had planned. they called in backup for a taser. were they going to just send one guy out there without backup to taser the kid? no. theyd be in the exact same situation as JVD but with a taser and another gun (or more) aimed at the guy. I see nothing wrong with that approach.
    Then what the heck is the point of having the taser ready to go instead of a gun? Perp. still gets shot right.
    Plus there is still more danger involved for the cops because, the back up is not going to want to aim and shoot gun in general direction of another officer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Then what the heck is the point of having the taser ready to go instead of a gun? Perp. still gets shot right.
    Plus there is still more danger involved for the cops because, the back up is not going to want to aim and shoot gun in general direction of another officer.
    because maybe he doesnt charge? maybe he does just get tasered and there is no need to ever shoot? I really dont get what youre arguing here. neither is in any more danger than theyre already in. how is it any different than JVD shooting the guy? the officer was right beside him when he shot. the other officer shoots, JVD is right beside him at the same distance.

maybe the charging aspect is whats getting lost here, because i dont feel he did charge them, maybe youre both of the opinion he was. so the outcome would be the same regardless in that scenario. other than that well have to agree to disagree.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    because maybe he doesnt charge? maybe he does just get tasered and there is no need to ever shoot? I really dont get what youre arguing here. neither is in any more danger than theyre already in. how is it any different than JVD shooting the guy? the officer was right beside him when he shot. the other officer shoots, JVD is right beside him at the same distance.

maybe the charging aspect is whats getting lost here, because i dont feel he did charge them, maybe youre both of the opinion he was. so the outcome would be the same regardless in that scenario. other than that well have to agree to disagree.
    Because in order to make it a standard procedure, it needs to be able to be followed in all circumstances. You simply cannot make a standard procedure for case by case bases.

That's why people are mad and distrust the police. The old ways are outdated, only the police like the standards in place. Gives them the right to shoot and use self defense as the reason. See all those police hiding behind trucks in the SB shooting, they use standard procedure there to , SMH. Weren't their lives threatened? But they wanted a possible suspect alive to question for the mass shootings.

Case by case standards do apply, but not in the minds of some.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Because in order to make it a standard procedure, it needs to be able to be followed in all circumstances. You simply cannot make a standard procedure for case by case bases.
    procedure allows it up to the officers discretion as it is. thats not changing anything.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

16 shots? Are they shooting a young punk with a knife or Rasputin?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    16 shots? Are they shooting a young punk with a knife or Rasputin?
    Definitely young punk with a knife. Rasputin would've laughed.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Definitely young punk with a knife. Rasputin would've laughed.
    Oh yeah, I forgot, they would have had to stab him another umpteen times, strangle him, drown him and then magically watch him die from something completely unrelated to everything I mentioned.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot, they would have had to stab him another umpteen times, strangle him, drown him and then magically watch him die from something completely unrelated to everything I mentioned.
    Hypothermia is a bitch.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Hypothermia is a bitch.
    The officer is a cold blooded killer and deserves 25 years. If you are scared get a dog!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    The officer is a cold blooded killer and deserves 25 years. If you are scared get a dog!!!!
    Before I decide if you deserve a good mocking, what are you talking about?
    ProFootballMock