Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: more QB stats

My take was in regard to road record but your response was my stats indicated he couldn't beat a playoff team. He can, he just hasn't done it in a while on the road.

We won the Steeler game at home
    and I'm was happy about that
    and they were a playoff team
    but Minny technically wasn't
    A playoff team.
    Uh, LOL, I think you are being a bit picky. They certainly were a playoff caliber team which was the discussion. CALIBER.

Not to be a dick or anything, but you don't need to hit the Return/Enter key so much, it makes your posts kind of disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    The way both the Packers and Minnesota failed to show up those games Stoney case could have had a career day. We all saw the real Boller against the Browns, where he looked far worse than the rookie Charlie Frye who played with way more poise.
    Interesting. So when TB doesn't show up to play the first game of season, McNair is credited with "beating a playoff caliber team". But when Kyle beats a team in the playoff hunt near the end of the season it's discounted.

Just trying to keep up with the Boller hating hyprocrisy. :grbac:

By the way, did you actually see those games? Just figured I needed to check with you on that.

We won the Steeler game at home and I'm was happy about that
    and they were a playoff team but Minny technically wasn't A playoff team.
    They made a nice push but thanks to us they weren't
    Exactly, thanks to us. And again, who was that QB? :)

I guess I was just saying a win is a win and if we beat the Raiders
    or the defending champs by a fg or blowout it doesn't matter as long as we win.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that. But I think what some of us are saying is that the anti-Boller people have said the entire problem with the offense was Boller. We can clearly see that by yet another QB coming in and now actually statistically playing worse, it's not the QB. We have other offensive problems that have to be ironed out or we'll be going through this again and again. Maybe Billick calling the plays will magically get things right. Who knows.

But right now we have a better chance of going 4-4 than 6-2 unless the offense turns around it's production.

The way both the Packers and Minnesota failed to show up those games Stoney case could have had a career day.
    Ladies and gentlemen, here's a first rate candidate for dumb comment of the year! I guess you weren't able to watch those games either, huh?

And Hook, no offense intended here, but your posts look like minor league poetry. I don't know if I'm reading a post from Hook or ee cummings. Like Greg said earlier, there is no need to keep hitting that return key.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's a first rate candidate for dumb comment of the year! I guess you weren't able to watch those games either, huh?
    Gee, I would say Stoney Case would have won the Tampa Bay game in week 1 as well.

I love how Boller gets no credit for a win all of a sudden the other team doesn't show up to play. Our team didn't show up to play Cleveland last year, Denver and Carolina this year. But I guess that all falls on Boller.

This year's Denver game of course can't fall on McNair because well......it's Steve McNair and how dare anyone think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    No, McNair had a bad game, but give the Denver defense some credit.
    LOL -- when McNair has a bad game, we should give the other team credit. But when Boller lit up Green Bay and Minnesota last year, those teams didn't show up. Great analysis.

This message is hidden because Tex Ritter is on your ignore list.
    Highwater, now do you understand why I do this?

Thats right. I have seen some pretty bad QB's light up Green Bay. They are a terrible defense. Boller had one of his fluke games against Minnesota which generated almost no pass rush that game for some unknown reason (going through the motions maybe?)
    You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but Green Bay actually had one of the top rated pass defenses when we played them last year. That's a fact.

As far as your theory that Minnesota was "going through the motions," I'd love to hear you explain that, seeing as how they were in a playoff race at the time.

PHP Code:
    Team            Result Playoffs?
    at New York Jets           W    Y
    Dallas Cowboys             W    N
    at 
    New England Patriots    L    N
    Cincinnati Bengals         L    N
    New York Giants            W    N
    at Indianapolis Colts      L    Y
    at Pittsburgh Steelers     L    Y
    Miami Dolphins             W    N
    Indianapolis Colts         L    Y
    at Jacksonville Jaguars    L    Y
    Pittsburgh Steelers        W    Y
    at Cincinnati Bengals      L    Y
    Houston Texans             W    N
    at Denver Broncos          L    Y
    Green Bay Packers          W    N
    Minnesota Vikings          W    N
    at Cleveland Browns        L    N 
    Uh, LOL, I think you are being a bit picky.
    uh, aside from our division rival we didnt win against a playoff team.
    Picky? How so? You are either in the playoffs or You are not.
    Now If you are talking Caliber thats ok with me but out of the 17 games on top
    we have only won Two games out of 10 against playoff Caliber teams whether its been home or away
    That's Nothing to be tooting your horn about.

Interesting. So when TB doesn't show up to play the first game of season, McNair is credited with "beating a playoff caliber team". But when Kyle beats a team in the playoff hunt near the end of the season it's discounted.
    I understand your frustration with this
    but last years victory came at the end of the year where most fans had given up.
    right now we are in the middle of the season tied at the top of our division and have no reason to be mad at Mcnair. I'm not one of these people but boller hasn't lived up to the hype surrounding him when he came here out of college.

"He only plays well against crappy teams at home. Not what I want in a QB.
    he was part of the win over the vikings who were in the "Hunt"
    but I certainly understand what your feeling.
    We really should judge him if he gets another shot at starting.

I understand your frustration with this but last years victory came at the end of the year where most fans had given up.
    So what? So Boller shouldn't play well because the fans already gave up? These are professional athletes, that's what they do. That's why this talk of the defense not playing up to their potential because Boller was in against Carolina was such a crock.

right now we are in the middle of the season tied at the top of our division and have no reason to be mad at Mcnair.
    Excuse me???? McNair has in only 5 and a quarter games with the Ravens:

- Thrown 7 interceptions. Two of them right to the opponent.

- Fumbled the ball without being touched

- Tripped over his own feet

- Tripped over Mike Flynn's feet, multiple times.

- Overthrows

- Underthrows

This is a guy who is 11 years in, a former MVP, been to the Super Bowl, been to the Pro Bowl, and he puts up a 34.6 (darb was being generous with the 40) QB rating on the road in Denver? Puts up a 64.1 rating overall?

And there's no reason to be mad at McNair??????????

I'm not one of these people but boller hasn't lived up to the hype surrounding him when he came here out of college.
    Well, name me a Quarterback in the Ravens system since Vinny that lived up to any hype coming here. Grbac, Blake, Banks, Cunningham, Redman, Boller, McNair, etc. etc. etc.

I guess the problem I have is that we're talking on the notion that there was nothing wrong with this offense before Boller showed up, and all of a sudden he brought the offense to a screeching halt. Neither is true.

This is a QB BTW that was one defensive stop against Cincy with 1:42 left on the clock at home away from making the playoffs in 2004. Had the defense did it's job after the Ravens took the lead in that game, we would have been 10-6 and I believe a 5 or 6 seed wild-card. People seem to forget that.

That's Nothing to be tooting your horn about.
    Neither is a 64.7 QB rating with 7 picks.

So what? So Boller shouldn't play well because the fans already gave up? These are professional athletes, that's what they do. That's why this talk of the defense not playing up to their potential because Boller was in against Carolina was such a crock.
    FHRaven asked a question.
    I gave him my Thoughts.
    He wanted to know WHY nobody cares when Boller has a good game.
    If you want it summarized: Boller's great play last year was just a little too late, while Mcnairs time as a Raven is still in its infancy.

And there's no reason to be mad at McNair??????????
    No.
    you site some pretty alarming stats
    But as you agreed with me before it is not time to pull the plug on Mcnair.
    Bollers time may come if the stats you site continues because we've already seen that the FO has made moves when confronted with the same stats when Boller was behind center.
    and if it does come to pass were boller starts and we don't get a quick fix from Boller,
    I'm afraid, will never work out for him here

FHRaven asked a question. I gave him my Thoughts.
    He wanted to know WHY nobody cares when Boller has a good game.
    If you want it summarized: Boller's great play last year was just a little too late, while Mcnairs time as a Raven is still in its infancy.
    Well, but it wasn't a little too late for Boller. Remember he got injured in week one. By the time he got back onto the field, the Ravens were pretty much out of playoff contention. The Ravens were 2-6 when Boller returned. The best he could have done was win 8 straight games and gone 10-6. That would not have been enough to secure a wild card spot.

The season was lost before Boller got back. So that's not his fault. He still had to play those games. So take that for what it's worth.

No.
    you site some pretty alarming stats
    But as you agreed with me before it is not time to pull the plug on Mcnair.
    I did. And I maintain that. You paid for McNair, you have to play McNair. But that doesn't mean you can't be mad at him or dissapointed in what you're getting vs. what you were told was coming.