Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Apparently you failed first grade reading comprehension as I have repeatedly stated I have watched every Ravens game in its entirety this season except for the Carolina game, which again, was not available in WV where I live. How many times do I have to state this? Are you really that obtuse or just trying to flame me? BTW, I guess because this was Kyle Boller's high water mark as an NFL QB by throwing two fluke TD passes you probably will save a tape of this game forever. LOL.
    Wow, you watched highlights of every Raven's game this year. That would explain your skewed perception.

You probably didn't see these games either but off the top of my head I would guess the Green Bay and Minn games last year were the high water mark for Boller. You really should try watching the games and not just Sports Center.

And I don't have any Ravens games on tape. They have these new fangled things called DVRs and DVDs now. Perhaps some one can send you a game "tape" so you can finally see one? :insane:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Alright, enough insults. Please. I don't want to start handing out infractions and closing threads.

Damn Greg, I wanted to make a correction but you threw that in. :)

Welcome Hook. As long as you don't follow in the footsteps of two of the posters here, you'll do just fine. ;)

As for your take, I don't know anyone other than Mista T that is calling for Boller to start over McNair. We paid a lot of money for McNair. He has to start. The Ravens right now are going to sink or swim with him behind center.

However, McNair also has to, and he has, take responsibility for his part of the deal. In 5 1/3 games he's thrown bad interceptions, tripped over his own feet, tripped over the center's feet, and fumbled without being touched. He has still yet to throw a touchdown to a wide receiver as well. Not all of that is playcalling and Jim Fassel. So he's got to get himself on the right track before anything else. Otherwise we're not a playoff team, and we have the real meat of our schedule coming up starting Sunday in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    However, McNair also has to, and he has, take responsibility for his part of the deal. In 5 1/3 games he's thrown bad interceptions, tripped over his own feet, tripped over the center's feet, and fumbled without being touched. He has still yet to throw a touchdown to a wide receiver as well. Not all of that is playcalling and Jim Fassel. So he's got to get himself on the right track before anything else. Otherwise we're not a playoff team, and we have the real meat of our schedule coming up starting Sunday in New Orleans.
    This is what has me worried. If I wanted to hold out support for McNair the only card left to play is the "still needs to learn the offense" card. Which frankly, makes no sense as you've pointed out.

Hell, with Flynn at center he's probably not going to survive more than 3 - 4 games anyway.

This is what has me worried. If I wanted to hold out support for McNair the only card left to play is the "still needs to learn the offense" card. Which frankly, makes no sense as you've pointed out.

Hell, with Flynn at center he's probably not going to survive more than 3 - 4 games anyway.
    The problem with that FH is that "learning the offense" has nothing to do with bad interceptions, tripping over his own feet, tripping over the center's feet, and fumbleing without being touched. You know, all the things that supposedly only Boller does? Funny, you'd think someone who's been a QB for 11 years wouldn't do such things.

Bottom line, dude's got to improve. People overlook the fact that McNair's only won 9 games in the last 2 years with Tennessee total. And now he comes here and can't perform. The time to start proving himself is now.

The longer a QB played with another team the more difficult it is to learn a new offense.
    What a load of crapola. At this point any excuse you toss up would not surprise me. Post some proof or even a half-baked thesis on this. LOL, I mean we are to the point where you are just pulling stuff out of your ass.

<CYBER TOWEL> -----------TOSS------------>(RING)

Now, didn't you just warn the rest of us Greg?? ROFL!! Not that I blame you in the least. The only way I'm seeing some of this now is when you quote it.

That statement OldTex made reminds me of the things he's said before, like our OL is as good as Pittsburgh's, or no QB in the history of the NFL ever succeeded throwing more interceptions than touchdowns, or telling us that he never really saw Drew Brees play (now that sounds familiar) because he could only watch Quarterbacks who played on the East Coast.

But he keeps coming. :/

I didn't insult him, I just called him on his take. He posted that and if he can put some kind of logical thesis on my ass he can make me apologize.

I can post the numbers of a few HOF QBs who sucked for 30-40 games before getting it. Terry Bradshaw comes to mind, I am sure there are more. I can back that take up, I want to see this take backed up.

On YBR Greg I posted a laundry list of QB's that threw more picks than TD's to answer one of his takes. I believe the great Archie Manning was on that list IIRC.

The problem is that Oldtex will change his take to all of a sudden not include what you say. For example, his QB take went from "Every NFL QB in the history of the NFL" to "Well I really meant in the last 20 years".

So to you I say good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I fully expect it to take McNair over a year to truly feel highly comfortable in this offense, and now it appears to be changing with Fassell gone.
    This could the dumbest comment yet. The Ravens signed McNair to what was essentially a 2 year deal I believe. And you think he won't look good until the last 8 games of those 2 years?

I'm sure Billick wasn't counting on waiting that long!

When has McNair tripped over his own feet? Of course he has tripped when being stepped on by the center. Stop making up this crap, its getting rediculous!!

He is yet to throw a Touchdown to a wide reciever? So what!! Is there a written rule in the NFL that all touchdown passes must be caught by wide recievers?

He is yet to throw a Touchdown to a wide reciever? So what!! Is there a written rule in the NFL that all touchdown passes must be caught by wide recievers?
    This is my second post. I hope it goes well.

I agree. It doesn't matter who gets the TD as long as it was thrown to someone in Purple. If you really think about it Boller hasn't *really* thrown one to a receiver either. Kyle Boller's only real TD throw was to Heap who is a TE. The other TD were reflected or deflected by the opposing team and luckily a raven WR came down with it.

Thanks for listening to what I have to say.