Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

As for winning on the road, his last 7 road starts he has lost, 6 against playoff teams.
    I felt comfortable with Boller's play last weekend
    and he always plays well at home
    but we still lost that game.
    If Boller plays a playoff bound team,
    will we be under the assumption that we lose?

The improvement with Mcnair is with his leadership.
    Now it could be your opinion that Tampa is not a good team
    but they were a Playoff team from last year
    hardly crappy .

I think by downgrading tampa you put Mcnair in a bad light.
    IMO last year the ravens lose or tank that game,
    history is on my side with that.
    Throw in that we beat teams we are suppose to beat like
    the browns,
    which as far as I know Kyle Boller hasn't been able to do,
    Chargers and the raiders the improvement is glaring.

But yes we need to see more offense from our offense
    but that's not on Mcnair.
    There are other reason such as the
    Oline and a Offensive coordinator who was asleep at the wheel.

When has McNair tripped over his own feet? Of course he has tripped when being stepped on by the center. Stop making up this crap, its getting rediculous!!
    Oh great, ANOTHER person that isn't watching the games???? Hate to tell you Heap, I have to go check the tape, but I believe he did it against either Oakland or Tampa buddy. Went back, was nowhere NEAR the center, and fell over.

It was either this play in TB:
    3-17-BAL33 (2:22) S.McNair sacked at BLT 20 for -13 yards (D.White). FUMBLES (D.White), and recovers at BLT 20. S.McNair to BLT 20 for no gain (D.White).

Or one of the two sacks against Oakland.

Next time you want to try and call me a liar, try watching the games. Thank you. In fact, this lands you back on the ignore list. I'm getting really sick and tired of your shit too. When you learn to be an adult, you PM me and let me know and I'll talk to you again.

He is yet to throw a Touchdown to a wide reciever? So what!! Is there a written rule in the NFL that all touchdown passes must be caught by wide recievers?
    Wait, what????? Did you really just say that????? No wonder Mason left for the bye week saying he was tired of Football. I would be too with that attitude.

The improvement with Mcnair is with his leadership.
    Now it could be your opinion that Tampa is not a good team
    but they were a Playoff team from last year
    hardly crappy .
    That's fine Hook, but this year they are 2-4, and not exactly looking like the team they were last year. At the time we were 3-0, the combined record of the teams we beat was 0-8. Oakland just finally won their first game, and they had to play a team that was equally as bad to do it. Cleveland? Well, they are Cleveland. Sneaking out of there with a win against a now 1-5 team is nothing to jump up and down about.

IMO last year the ravens lose or tank that game,
    history is on my side with that.
    It's very hard to lose a game when the opposing teams scores 0 points. I'm thinking we win that game. Laws of mathmatics are on my side with that.

But yes we need to see more offense from our offense but that's not on Mcnair. There are other reason such as the Oline and a Offensive coordinator who was asleep at the wheel.
    It's not? Did Fassel throw 7 interceptions?
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-24-2006 at 12:29 PM.

That's fine Hook, but this year they are 2-4, and not exactly looking like the team they were last year.
    The Vikings were 2-4 at this time last year.
    However they were in the middle of a playoff run last year
    where we promptly knocked them out.
    Since they didn't make the playoffs
    are we going to downgrade one of the best Xmas presents we could ever ask for?
    Hell NO.
    TB just beat a very good Eagle team this weekend
    and that's without their starting QB.
    They are good and the season isn't even over yet.

It's very hard to lose a game when the opposing teams scores 0 points.
    So the offensive production is lessened because the defense didn't allow a point?
    We won as a team,
    not as QB?

I just fear with the stats provided by Greg
    that Boller isn't capable of winning games
    against Playoff caliber teams
    That's an alarming stat
    and not something to make a case for Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I just fear with the stats provided by Greg
    that Boller isn't capable of winning games
    against Playoff caliber teams
    That's an alarming stat
    and not something to make a case for Boller.
    Since Boller's stats are better than McNair's this season shouldn't your concerns be reversed?

The stunning lack of logic held onto for dear life by Boller Haters is truly amazing..........

The Vikings were 2-4 at this time last year.
    The Vikings are also a better team even then than Tampa Bay is right now. Tampa Bay lost their starting QB, and they got blanked in week 1 by us.

However they were in the middle of a playoff run last year
    where we promptly knocked them out.
    And which Quarterback led that charge?

Since they didn't make the playoffs are we going to downgrade one of the best Xmas presents we could ever ask for?
    Hell NO.
    I'm glad you said that, because other people downgraded Minnesota for the express purpose of downplaying Boller's 100+ QB rating that game, which BTW was his second in a row.

So the offensive production is lessened because the defense didn't allow a point? We won as a team,not as QB?
    Wait, now I'm confused. Yes or no, if the defense holds the opponent to 0 points, Boller behind center wins that game. Again, laws of Football say you can't score negative points.

I just fear with the stats provided by Greg that Boller isn't capable of winning games against Playoff caliber teams That's an alarming stat and not something to make a case for Boller.
    And yet you just talked about Minnesota as a playoff bound team until we knocked them out. And you forgot that last year the Ravens with Boller under center beat Pittsburgh, who I think went to the playoffs last year. Didn't they?

And right now against playoff calibur teams, McNair is 1-1. And that loss was on the road. That's not an alarming stat either?

Since Boller's stats are better than McNair's this season shouldn't your concerns be reversed?
    Not really.
    The eye popping truth
    is that when Boller plays playoffs teams we lose.
    time will tell if the Panthers fit that MO

The stunning lack of logic held onto for dear life by Boller Haters is truly amazing..........
    I like boller
    and think he needs more time to develop
    and hopefully start for us,
    but I'm not about to pull the plug on Mcnair
    who just got a huge signing bonus.
    That would be illogical
    Mcnair has an entire career
    of stats and achievements
    not just a game of playing from behind.
    Boller will get his chance
    and it may be sooner than we think
    So when that happens I will support him
    but right now
    his place is on the bench

And which Quarterback led that charge
    I'm hoping we get there with him on our team
    and not someone else's

Wait, now I'm confused. Yes or no, if the defense holds the opponent to 0 points, Boller behind center wins that game. Again, laws of Football say you can't score negative points.
    as far as I know
    Negative points can not be scored in a pro football game.

Yes or No
    Last year did boller make mistakes that cost us the game
    and put points on the board for the other team?
    Maybe I should have be clear
    when I said history is on my side
    I'm just going by what he has demonstrated

And right now against playoff calibur teams, McNair is 1-1. And that loss was on the road. That's not an alarming stat either?
    its not alarming
    our record is not determined
    by whether or not we play well against a playoff teams or not.
    Mcnairs record to date is 4-2 not 1-1
    or 2-0 against crap teams like the browns/Raiders
    4-2
    and that's what has me excited.

like I said before
    the offense should come on soon
    and if it doesn't
    Boller better be ready
    to step in and perform against Playoff caliber teams.

Not really.
    The eye popping truth
    is that when Boller plays playoffs teams we lose.
    time will tell if the Panthers fit that MO
    So McNair losing to playoff teams doesn't concern you at all??

And your statement isn't accurate because Boller played Pittsburgh and won. Pittsburgh is the defending Super Bowl champs aren't that? And again, you mentioned Minnesota which was a playoff team until they came to us.

but I'm not about to pull the plug on Mcnair who just got a huge signing bonus.That would be illogical. Mcnair has an entire career of stats and achievements not just a game of playing from behind.
    This I very much agree with. He was brought in to be the starter, he has to start. The ship sinks or swims with him at the helm. You can't bench McNair unless you want to write Steve Bisciotti a check for the signing bonus he laid out for McNair to come here.

Yes or No
    Last year did boller make mistakes that cost us the game
    and put points on the board for the other team?
    Maybe I should have be clear
    when I said history is on my side
    I'm just going by what he has demonstrated
    "The" game? Which game? Denver? Yes. Yes he did. Cleveland? He had much help in losing in Cleveland, including a touchdown nullifying penalty by Ogden that would have been the difference in a win or loss.

its not alarming our record is not determined by whether or not we play well against a playoff teams or not.
    It's not? If we lose to every playoff team from here out, we're going to be 8-8 or worse.

like I said before the offense should come on soon
    I really do hope you are right.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I just fear with the stats provided by Greg that Boller isn't capable of winning games against Playoff caliber teams
    WOAH!

That was ON THE ROAD. At home he beat the Stealers and Minny, that is two playoff caliber teams.

That was ON THE ROAD. At home he beat the Stealers and Minny, that is two playoff caliber teams.
    We won the Steeler game at home
    and I'm was happy about that
    and they were a playoff team
    but Minny technically wasn't
    A playoff team.
    They made a nice push
    but thanks to us they weren't

And your statement isn't accurate because Boller played Pittsburgh and won. Pittsburgh is the defending Super Bowl champs aren't that?
    I was going by what Greg wrote.
    6 out of 7 road losses were to playoff teams.

It's not? If we lose to every playoff team from here out, we're going to be 8-8 or worse.
    I guess I was just saying
    a win is a win
    and if we beat the Raiders
    or the defending champs
    by a fg or blowout
    it doesn't matter
    as long as we win.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

My take was in regard to road record but your response was my stats indicated he couldn't beat a playoff team. He can, he just hasn't done it in a while on the road.

We won the Steeler game at home
    and I'm was happy about that
    and they were a playoff team
    but Minny technically wasn't
    A playoff team.
    Uh, LOL, I think you are being a bit picky. They certainly were a playoff caliber team which was the discussion. CALIBER.

Not to be a dick or anything, but you don't need to hit the Return/Enter key so much, it makes your posts kind of disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    The way both the Packers and Minnesota failed to show up those games Stoney case could have had a career day. We all saw the real Boller against the Browns, where he looked far worse than the rookie Charlie Frye who played with way more poise.
    Interesting. So when TB doesn't show up to play the first game of season, McNair is credited with "beating a playoff caliber team". But when Kyle beats a team in the playoff hunt near the end of the season it's discounted.

Just trying to keep up with the Boller hating hyprocrisy.

By the way, did you actually see those games? Just figured I needed to check with you on that.

We won the Steeler game at home and I'm was happy about that
    and they were a playoff team but Minny technically wasn't A playoff team.
    They made a nice push but thanks to us they weren't
    Exactly, thanks to us. And again, who was that QB?

I guess I was just saying a win is a win and if we beat the Raiders
    or the defending champs by a fg or blowout it doesn't matter as long as we win.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that. But I think what some of us are saying is that the anti-Boller people have said the entire problem with the offense was Boller. We can clearly see that by yet another QB coming in and now actually statistically playing worse, it's not the QB. We have other offensive problems that have to be ironed out or we'll be going through this again and again. Maybe Billick calling the plays will magically get things right. Who knows.

But right now we have a better chance of going 4-4 than 6-2 unless the offense turns around it's production.

The way both the Packers and Minnesota failed to show up those games Stoney case could have had a career day.
    Ladies and gentlemen, here's a first rate candidate for dumb comment of the year! I guess you weren't able to watch those games either, huh?

And Hook, no offense intended here, but your posts look like minor league poetry. I don't know if I'm reading a post from Hook or ee cummings. Like Greg said earlier, there is no need to keep hitting that return key.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's a first rate candidate for dumb comment of the year! I guess you weren't able to watch those games either, huh?
    Gee, I would say Stoney Case would have won the Tampa Bay game in week 1 as well.

I love how Boller gets no credit for a win all of a sudden the other team doesn't show up to play. Our team didn't show up to play Cleveland last year, Denver and Carolina this year. But I guess that all falls on Boller.

This year's Denver game of course can't fall on McNair because well......it's Steve McNair and how dare anyone think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    No, McNair had a bad game, but give the Denver defense some credit.
    LOL -- when McNair has a bad game, we should give the other team credit. But when Boller lit up Green Bay and Minnesota last year, those teams didn't show up. Great analysis.