Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: more QB stats

Funny, when fans used to speak of Boller's wins, it was his bad rating and other stats that were telling. Now, it is wins and losses and not stats.

McNair has played very poorly, Boller out-shined him yesterday. Maybe he can't keep it up but he played the best 3 consecutive quarters of QB we have seen this season.

Do you know that in three of Boller's last four games played, Boller's QB rating has been 97 or higher? And that Stevie Wonder has had zero games as a Raven with a QB rating of 97.
    Boller's home rating is impressive, but what is his road rating? Boller hasn't won a game on the road since 2004. McNair has allready won more road games in 5 games than Boller has in 3 years.

McNair had a 94 rating in Tampa, when was the last time Boller had that good of a rating on the road? November of 04', his last road win.

Boller has always played well at home, and then collapsed on the road. Mac has already proven that he can win on the road.

Would you rather have a QB who only wins at home, or gives us a good chance to win at home and on the road?

I'll edit the line.

I think what TL write in his report card answers alot of questions on why I never feel comfortable with Boller.

However he twice failed to lead drives that should have produced points inside of Carolina territory. With 8:34 remaining in the third and the Ravens down 13-7, the Ravens faced a third and 11 from the Carolina 34. While rolling right Boller’s pass intended for Heap was picked off by rookie reserve corner Richard Marshall. Boller had plenty of room to run and if he didn’t pick up the first he certainly would have left the reliable Stover with a make-able field goal attempt.

Then to end the third quarter, the Ravens had a first and 10 at the Panthers’ 30. After a loss of two on a run by Anderson and an incomplete pass to Heap, Boller tossed an ill-advised pass to Musa Smith that lost another two yards and pushed Stover outside of his comfort zone. The Ravens would eventually elect to punt to start the fourth quarter and pin the Panthers at their 6. Failure to produce points in either of these situations proved costly.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

His atrocious road record is how many games over that period? I'll wait...and please don't try and sneak Anthony Wrong's games in.

2004 after the NYJ comeback win:
    at NE
    at IND
    at PIT

at JAX
    at CIN
    at DEN

That's 6 pretty damn good teams, wouldn't you say?

Before the NYJ win, a PHL a loss, and at DC a win, at Cin a win and at Cle a loss.

So before those tough 6 road games, we have a guy who went 3-2 and the road. Yeah, horrendous. BTW, he was 2-3 in 5 raod starts as a rookie. He was a .500 road starter until that 6 game stretch when he played 6 very good teams.

From NFL.COM...

Look at it this way, Baltimore. You lost a game but might have found something in backup quarterback Kyle Boller. That was one of the gutsiest performances of his career, and his play on the club's last drive makes me wonder if the Ravens shouldn't go to the no-huddle more often when he's in there.

Good point.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

His atrocious road record is how many games over that period? I'll wait...and please don't try and sneak Anthony Wrong's games in.
    His overall road record over his 4 year career as a Raven 5-16.

McNair's is 2-1 over a 6 game span.

Which QB would you trust on the road?

Of course McNair's 2-1 record on the road was not all his doing, he had help. How many of Boller's 5 wins on the road, were all Boller's doing? maybe the Jets game? thats the only one that comes to mind.

Look at it this way, Baltimore. You lost a game but might have found something in backup quarterback Kyle Boller. That was one of the gutsiest performances of his career, and his play on the club's last drive makes me wonder if the Ravens shouldn't go to the no-huddle more often when he's in there.
    Good, Boller getting his props, but haven't we heard this before? Do you remember Boller carving up the Playoff streaking Minnesota Vikings last year? Only to follow up his performance by colapsing in Cleveland.

Boller is streaky, we all know that. Boller has yet to be consistantly good over a long period of time.
    Last edited by Heap86; 10-17-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Exclamation Re: more QB stats

Wow, all of these stats flying around! I personally DO NOT CARE what one's QB rating is (good or bad), so long as that person WINS! McNair was 4-1, Before he went down Sunday. If he takes the Ravens to the post-season this year (SOMEWHERE WHERE WE HAVE NOT BEEN IN A WHILE), that is Good enough for me! I wish Boller all the success in the world; but for now, I want McNair to drive the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Some of you are more interested in being "right" than winning football games.
    You looked in the mirror lately?

FHRaven

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Funny, when fans used to speak of Boller's wins, it was his bad rating and other stats that were telling. Now, it is wins and losses and not stats.

McNair has played very poorly, Boller out-shined him yesterday. Maybe he can't keep it up but he played the best 3 consecutive quarters of QB we have seen this season.
    Yeah it would comical if it was another team's fan base. At some point I'd love see a hater stick to one set of criteria to judge a QB but hey, that would mess up their fun.

I especially like how Heap86 admits McNair had help in winning his road games but then asks how many road games Kyle won by himself. WTF? How idiotic is that? It's great when McNair wins with help but Boller needs to win games by himself?

FHRaven

Which QB would you trust on the road?
    You trust McNair after the Denver game???? Seriously.

Only to follow up his performance by colapsing in Cleveland.
    I hate to break it to you, but McNair's been collapsing since week 1. The only thing that has masked that were two last second wins. Sorry, but McNair's been regressing since Tampa. And since the defense pitched a shutout that day, even Boller would have won the game in TB on the road.

BTW Crazy, way again to leave out the rest of what Tony said:

Boller’s effort was solid and while his QB rating of 97.0 on the day was certainly aided by a couple of tipped throws, he made some plays and showed some athleticism that has been missing from the position. He fired a few lasers to Todd Heap, Mark Clayton, Daniel Wilcox and Demetrius Williams that McNair is no longer capable of. He demonstrated some toughness taking hits while delivering some passes, one of which was his 35 yard connection to Williams. He still has a tendency to flush out of the pocket to his left instead of stepping up into it – a trademark of McNair’s. Boller did appear to do a better job on Sunday reading through his progressions than he’s done in the past.
    I know it's hard, but you simply can't pick and choose when you have 3 paragraphs of stuff.

Greg, it's how it always is. There's always some way to twist things around to blame Boller for everything. And if he plays well, everything gets discounted.

Sting the only reason why I choose those paragraphs was because it displayed exactly what I was talking about with Boller matching Points and taking advantage of scoring opportunities and trying to win when the ravens don't hold there opponents under to 20 pts.

TL pointed out two scoring opportunities that you and some of the others hardly have been talking about. Instead we are being clobbered over the head about boller's out of character 97 rating. Congratulations! But did we win?

You guys said if boller comes in he can win the games in the same way Mcnair did yet when we need him to come in he doesn't. What gives?

BTW, Is it ok to call Boller a names or to give him a nickname on this board? Mr T dubbed Mcnair as stevie wonder and someone else is running around calling him McBoller. Is it ok to do the same with boller even though you don't party with the mods or a mod yourself?

I especially like how Heap86 admits McNair had help in winning his road games but then asks how many road games Kyle won by himself. WTF? How idiotic is that? It's great when McNair wins with help but Boller needs to win games by himself?

Boller has won 5 road games out of 21 the same way McNair has this year.

McNair was won 2 road games out of 3 games with the same formula, who is more successful?

Boller only wins with help, and he hasn't had much success doing it.

Its all irrelevent, Boller's road record speaks for itself

You trust McNair after the Denver game???? Seriously.
    Sure, he has atleast won us games on the road this year. Would you seriously have trusted Boller in Denver? Remember his last bad weather game in NE.