Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

LOL, I had to view the post because I knew it was coming. Wow. Just......wow. I'm sorry guys, I couldn't help it.

Darb said:

Want some intresting stats?

McNair has had 60 drives this year where it wasn't the end of a half/game/he got hurt.

9 have started inside the opponents 40 yard line.

7 drives have resulted in TDs. 10 in FGs.

There have been 21 three-and-outs.

Only 20 drives have consisted of two or more first-downs.

Yesterday Boller started 7 drives that didn't end with the half.

2 three-and-outs.

3 drives had two of more first-downs.

There was one drive that had only 1 first down, but that ended in a TD.

Ok children, discuss.

And the response?

One of the biggest problems with Boller is he is wildly erratic and turnover prone. He fumbles way too much and is prone to being picked and those things will kill more drives than anything good he does.
    THAT'S THE RESPONSE.

Things don't ever change. And this is why there is no ability to have a sensical discussion on this.

In fact, I publically apologize to Heap86 for putting him on my ignore list because he at least can carry his end of a debate. I took you off the list dude, you deserved it.

Sigh.

This team is really trying my patience now.

I feel like I've been banging my head against a wall for 5 straight years now.

Boller made some nice plays. He was asked to come in after not having ANY reps with the 1st team. That's laughable to me. Give the backup a few snaps during the week in case something like this happens. And with Flynn, it's happened.

I cheered for Boller just like almost everyone else. I was happy to see a few plays go downfield. He made some nice throws and some bad throws. He got lucky on 2 of the TDs. Debating that is ridiculous.

Honestly, Im just fed up right now. The bye couldn't come at a better time for the fans either.

PP

Here are some telling stats about boller too.

do you realize that when boller has been behind center he has been 6-10 since the NE Game in 2004. Thats 16 consecutive games. Now it took two years to get there but by golly we are finally there....oh shit my bad he didnt start the panthers game but fuck it he played long enough so he eats it. Thats a .375 winning percentage

Did you know that when ever the defense fails to hold an opposing offense under 20 points in that same time period bollers record is 2-8.

WOW we get a lot of zip with that zip.
    Yes people he is that bad and when you see it in black in white it is just as bad.

BTW anyone crediting Boller with 3 TDs is only doing it in the formal sense. The man did NOT throw 3 TD. You know it and I know it.

Also how come Boller didnt pull out a comeback win everyone said it was Pie when Mcnair was in?

do you realize that when boller has been behind center he has been 6-10 since the NE Game in 2004.
    Do you know that in three of Boller's last four games played, Boller's QB rating has been 97 or higher? And that Stevie Wonder has had zero games as a Raven with a QB rating of 97.

:T2:

oh shit my bad he didnt start the panthers game but fuck it he played long enough so he eats it.
    Kind of like he "ate" the Colt's game right? I would think you'd pin that loss on McNair. :)

Did you know that when ever the defense fails to hold an opposing offense under 20 points in that same time period bollers record is 2-8.
    So what was Sunday's excuse?

Also how come Boller didnt pull out a comeback win everyone said it was Pie when Mcnair was in?
    Oh I dunno, wasn't on the field in the last 2 minutes? OH WAIT, that was the defense........I know I know, the defense was spectacular. I mean, the offense scores a TD (yes a fluke TD, I know) and the defense holds........with a 73 yard TD to Steve Smith. No way Boller comes back from that.........Except he drives downfield and hits Todd Heap on THE CORRECT WAY TO THROW A FADE PASS for a TD. I'm sure the defense will hold giving the offense one more chance to come back..............

Any minute now the defense will hold..........................anyyyyyyyy minute now.......................

I cheered for Boller just like almost everyone else. I was happy to see a few plays go downfield. He made some nice throws and some bad throws. He got lucky on 2 of the TDs. Debating that is ridiculous.
    I agree, except the first tipped pass TD was Mason's to get. His DB was all over him and there should have been a flag. That was a good throw reguardless. The second TD is definite luck.

You're right about another thing. The bye could not have come at a better time. The team is starting to fall apart AGAIN, and they need to figure this offense behind McNair out soon, or we're looking at another underachieving system. I can't find many people looking forward to watching our offense try to match Drew Brees and Reggie Bush in 2 weeks.

Do you know that in three of Boller's last four games played, Boller's QB rating has been 97 or higher? And that Stevie Wonder has had zero games as a Raven with a QB rating of 97.
    Or thrown a touchdown pass to a wide receiver. Or complete 60 percent of his passes more than once (week one). Hell, he's only had 66 rating or better in 2 out of his 6 games.

But hey, he got Stover 52 yards away for a field goal. That's quality.

Do you know that in three of Boller's last four games played, Boller's QB rating has been 97 or higher? And that Stevie Wonder has had zero games as a Raven with a QB rating of 97
    In boller last 5 games he is 2-3
    In Mcnairs last 5 games his 4-1

Thats telling

Kind of like he "ate" the Colt's game right? I would think you'd pin that loss on McNair
    In both of these games he played the majority of it.

But hey, he got Stover 52 yards away for a field goal. That's quality
    it is because we won a game we were suppose to win.

Some of you are more interested in being "right" than winning football games.

There will always be those who continue to blame Boller for everything wrong with this offense, even when McNair is playing and sending the offense backwards.

In both of these games he played the majority of it.
    And in one of those games he came in playing from behind thanks to......wow, a McNair interception. Awesome. And I realize why the rest of my post went totally untouched.

it is because we won a game we were suppose to win.
    And Stover did a great job of winning that game. Stover and the wind.

Some of you are more interested in being "right" than winning football games.
    I'd rather be both. Right now we're not winning football games anymore, with EITHER QB. Unfortunately, the problem is our savior who was brought in to save this offense is sitting with 7 picks in 6 games with a 67 QB rating, and people are still talking like he's somehow leading this offense.

And Stover did a great job of winning that game. Stover and the wind.
    Wonderful, Yes lets thanks the wind. The wind is our savior.
    Last edited by crazyraven; 10-16-2006 at 10:47 PM.

and the little republican
    And now we're starting with politics? Sometimes man.........

Ok, I'm done here.