Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

[QUOTE=StingerNLG;15622]The Ravens won't be 5-2 or keep winning if McNair keeps playing the way he has.QUOTE]

I would agree with that assessement. I personally believe, however, that McNair is going to start becoming more familiar with the 'system', and his receivers as the season progresses. That coupled with the intangibles he brings to the table should bode well for the Ravens.

I would agree with that assessement. I personally believe, however, that McNair is going to start becoming more familiar with the 'system', and his receivers as the season progresses. That coupled with the intangibles he brings to the table should bode well for the Ravens.
    See, here's where I disagree. First, I am still waiting to see these intangibles show up on the field. I'm really glad he's calm in the huddle and in the pocket, but at the same time, a calmly thrown interception is no different than an "erratic" thrown interception.

As for learning the system, the system is just verbage. And in fact, I'd make the arguement that our offensive system is much more vanilla than anyone elses. Isn't that what we've been complaining about the last few years, the playcalling being so predictable and generic? So if we're not even running complex plays and staying vanilla, how hard can it be to throw the ball to the open receiver?

As for the receivers, he also played with Derrick Mason for 11 years before both of them got here. So you could say he has an intimate knowledge of how Mason plays. Yet he hasn't gotten Mason a touchdown catch yet.

It's not about the system Joe. It's about executing on the field. We can't complain that McNair doesn't know the playbook, but then keep talking about what a thin and unimaginative playbook we have.

You saw it last Sunday, didn't you Stinger?:)
    I'm not Stinger but I'll tell you what I saw -- our defense scored two TDs and forced five turnovers. Once again, the defense leads the way.

Having said that, McNair did have a solid game, one of his better ones. I think Billick calling the plays is really going to improve the offense. McNair seems more comfortable with Billick as OC than with Fassel.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I would guess a Boller led offense would prosper under Billick's coordination as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I would guess a Boller led offense would prosper under Billick's coordination as well.
    YES!! Prosper and thrive!! Probably equal the defensive play we are accustomed to seeing.