Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

BTW he got props from Julius Peppers and John Fox today too.

"He did a good job when he came in. He got them some points and moved the ball," said Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers, who had a team-high eight tackles and two sacks.

Panthers coach John Fox saw no offensive letdown from the Ravens after McNair's departure.

"He (Boller) has been there before and he's been a starter, so it's not foreign to him or his teammates," Fox said.

I give big props to Kyle today, he did move the Offense and put up points.

But he did get a few lucky breaks on tipped passes that could have easily ended up as picks.

His one interception was vintage Boller, he forced the pass when Heap was nowhere near open, when he should have ran, slid and likely put us in postion for 3 points, thats something that McNair would not have done.

I have no problem with Kyle playing at home, its on the road that he seems to totally collapse.

His one interception was vintage Boller, he forced the pass when Heap was nowhere near open, when he should have ran, slid and likely put us in postion for 3 points, thats something that McNair would not have done.
    Well sure, that is if you take out McNair's interception today where he had Heap open on the side but chose to force the ball and hit Branch in the hands, who is a Panther.

That makes the second time this year McNair has threw a ball right to the other team.

So that's not an accurate statement either. McNair can, and has made throws like that and he's done it as a Raven.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-15-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    I give big props to Kyle today, he did move the Offense and put up points.

But he did get a few lucky breaks on tipped passes that could have easily ended up as picks.

I have no problem with Kyle playing at home, its on the road that he seems to totally collapse.
    Uh, you did see McNair in the Denver game didn't you? We all know you have an irrational hatred for Boller but please don't make things up to support your point.

Face it, McNair has looked bad for 58 - 60 minutes each game. He's had 2 opposing coaches make dumb calls to give him a chance to make a play. And one of those was against one of the worst teams in the league.

FHRaven

No matter what Kyle does, it's all luck & then we get the "McNair wouldn't have thrown that stupid interception." Well, McNAir has thrown that stupid interception, 7 of them, including the 1 today. When Boller fumbles it's his fault but when McNair does, it's Flynn's fault. When Kyle just misses Heap on the pass in the 2nd quarter, it's see, Boller sucks. Well let's see, he was cold coming off the bench, hasn't been in a game that mattered since last year & just misses Heap. Give him some consistant PT & he'll make that pass work more times than not. How about the 1 to Clayton, that one is complete if Clayton lays out a little. He stretched the field & made the Carolina secondary play more honest. How many times have you seen that this year? Until today, none. I like McNair & have always liked Boller, hell if the D holds up their end of the bargain today, we walk away with a W. When's the last time you saw a Ravens offense score 2 TD's in the 4th quarter that mattered? McNair has taught Boller some things & from the look of him today, Boller has listened & learned. Gee, it should have been this way 4 years ago.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Well, unless you take out McNair's interception today where he had Heap open on the side but chose to force the ball and hit Branch in the hands, who is a Panther
    How did McNair force the pass if Heap was open? You are supposed to throw the ball to an open reciever right? I'm not sure what happened, but obviously McNair and Heap were not on the same page.

I'm not saying Boller played bad, but he has been known to try too hard to make things happen and make a bonehead mistake like that, he is a veteran now, he has no excuse for doing that.

You can say the same thing for McNair, but McNair is still learning where his recievers will be and when to throw to them.

Uh, you did see McNair in the Denver game didn't you? We all know you have an irrational hatred for Boller but please don't make things up to support your point.
    How many points did Boller score against the Pats in 04? 3, Identical situation of last Monday night. Cut the hatred for Boller crap, I gave him props for how he played today, but he has been in this Offense 3 years longer than McNair so Boller has no excuses for making plays like that. Other than the one pick he played very well.

No matter what Kyle does, it's all luck
    Regardless of what you say, Kyle did have luck on his side today.

Two tipped passes that end up being touchdowns, that doesn't happen very often.

Where are all of the people who complained that Mason bailed McNair out on a few plays? I don't hear any of you guys admitting that Clayton bailed Boller out big time.

How did McNair force the pass if Heap was open? You are supposed to throw the ball to an open reciever right?
    Because McNair didn't throw it to Heap, he forced it to Wilcox in the middle. Thus the horrible decision and the interception.

Where are all of the people who complained that Mason bailed McNair out on a few plays? I don't hear any of you guys admitting that Clayton bailed Boller out big time.
    Because you're not reading?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Boller also gets more passes knocked down at the LOS than any NFL QB I have ever seen and I have been watching NFL football a long, long, time.
    There are a number of QBs who get more balls knocked down, we saw one of them in game 1. Chris Simms.

Delhomme even had one knocked down at the LOS today by Kelly Gregg. It happens to all qb's...unless they are 7 foot 8 inches tall and jump up when they throw it.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Want some intresting stats?

McNair has had 60 drives this year where it wasn't the end of a half/game/he got hurt.

9 have started inside the opponents 40 yard line.

7 drives have resulted in TDs. 10 in FGs.

There have been 21 three-and-outs.

Only 20 drives have consisted of two or more first-downs.

Yesterday Boller started 7 drives that didn't end with the half.

2 three-and-outs.

3 drives had two of more first-downs.

There was one drive that had only 1 first down, but that ended in a TD.

Ok children, discuss.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock