Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's Browns week

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Teams are free to start or sit whomever they wish. So no, the NFLPA can't do dick about it.
    As always you succinctly state the obvious.

My point is they named him starter then start airing their dirty laundry to the world publicly calling him out when no rule was broken. Not sure what all the by-laws are of the union are, but it seems a grievance worthy claim on Manzel's part.

And for the record, it is MY OPINION that Pettine is wrong.

No litigation required.

Blog Entries

If he doesn't play over this then they might as well just cut him and draft someone else next year. He's taking up a roster spot and wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    As always you succinctly state the obvious.

My point is they named him starter then start airing their dirty laundry to the world publicly calling him out when no rule was broken. Not sure what all the by-laws are of the union are, but it seems a grievance worthy claim on Manzel's part.

And for the record, it is MY OPINION that Pettine is wrong.

No litigation required.
    Not doubting or questioning your opinion, just your original claim that the NFLPA would have a field day with it.

There's no language in the CBA that states a team must start any player. Teams have the discretion to start and sit whomever they please for any reason or no reason whatsoever. Teams also have a limited amount of discretion when it comes to discipline.

In short, if Manziel made a promise to the team he's going to clean up his act and he falls on his face, and it appears he has, the team is well within their discretion to bench him.

I expect that McCown will start because he is better than Manziel and carved us up last time. And Pettine needs some wins for a case for holding his job, or any HC job. I don't think Manziel can beat the Ravens.

And who should the Ravens be starting on D? I am dismayed to see that in the Rams game, Daryl Smith got 53 snaps, Orr got 10 and A Brown got only 2! What is going on here? -- Pees is playing to win with no regard to what is best for the future of the team, as far as I can tell. (He can see the handwriting on the wall for himself if the D doesn't step up big the rest of the way.) Harbaugh should weigh in here and make sure we get a good look at the kids. Something very wrong with the coaches here - or am I wrong?

Blog Entries

Pettine can't stand Manziel and it's pretty easy to see. He hasn't wanted anything to do with the guy since they drafted him. If McCown is ready to go as they're saying, he will likely start.

If you watched the Pitt game, JM actually had some flashes, albiet in a loss. Any other team would give the 2nd year QB some time and see if he improves.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I was kind of hoping they would start Manziel. I think we would have gotten as close to a guaranteed win as you can get. With McCown, we might get swept by the Browns. :bag:

That franchise is as terribly run as it has been since the beginning. They may win this game, but the regime there, still has no idea how to put a consistently good product on the field. Good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Oh the excitement of Schaub vs Johnny Football.

I asked my wife to name one player on the Ravens team who is not injured... nothing. Even ESPN showed the commercial with highlights of JM and nothing of the Ravens. Had a picture which looked like Upshaw but was moreso an anonymous Raven.
    Not meaning to hijack your thread, but it got me thinking: Who is the one player left on the team that we could least afford to lose? At the beginning of the season, the list would've been, in no particular order:
    Flacco
    Suggs
    SSSr
    Dumervil
    Forsett
    Perriman, maybe...?

I guess Elvis should be sleeping with one eye open these days. Man, it's been a rough season...

As for Monday night's game: Oddsmakers say Browns by 2.5, which makes it pretty much even. They've sucked worse than the Ravens for most of the season. Hard to believe we're actually ahead of them (or ANY team) in the standings right now. It would make their season to sweep the hated "Ratbirds"... so F 'em: I say we get our first easy win of the year, 27-13. (I have no logic on which to base this prediction...)

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    so F 'em: I say we get our first easy win of the year, 27-13. (I have no logic on which to base this prediction...)

I'll back that up and say that Shaub comes out on fire.

Thanks in part to the fact that he has a little chemistry with the guys he will be throwing to.

Most of the guys starting today were not the top, first stringers and working with Flacco to start the season and were probably catching Schaub passes throughout the early going:

Buck Allen, Jeremy Butler, Maxx Williams, Kamar Aiken...

Browns v. Ravens week you say?!?!?!?

Attached Images Attached Images

Manziel demoted to third stringer, this guy...

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

I'm told there is a very good chance Manziel is third string the rest of season. Very well could've played his final game for Browns
    Guess McCown is on for 300+ again then?
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Guess McCown is on for 300+ again then?
    Technically, it was 400+....