Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Flexing" out of the December night home games

After today's flexing of the December 6th games, next on the list would be the December 13th Sunday night game against 5-5 Seattle, followed shortly therafter by the December 27th game vs. 6-4 Pitt. I can't see a national interest in either game. Moreover, loss of star power due to injuries to Flacco, Steve Smith, Pitta, Suggs, Forsett, etc would didminish interest to both regular and "fantasy" fans.

Inasmuch as flexing decisions impact Holiday travel plans, here's hoping that the NFL-NBC brains put us out of our misery early. I predict that the Ravens will have another "first": the only team to be flexed out of two SNF games in one season. (Not sure that's true, but I don't recall a precedent).

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: "Flexing" out of the December night home games

I can see a scenario where we are flexed out of the Seattle game in favor of the Steelers v Bengals game.

Not sure I agree about the Steelers game though, especially if there's a scenario where we can play spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I can see a scenario where we are flexed out of the Seattle game in favor of the Steelers v Bengals game.

Not sure I agree about the Steelers game though, especially if there's a scenario where we can play spoiler.
    God bless your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    God bless your optimism.
    Its not optimism. Its about fan bases and match ups that will garner ratings.

They would have to be pretty stupid to think we could spoil anyone's chances at this point.

Fine by me. I hate night games nowadays. Getting old sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    They would have to be pretty stupid to think we could spoil anyone's chances at this point.

:word

Please flex Seattle. Don't think they'll flex pitt for reasons HR states. Who on our team will they show in the pictures between commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Steelers are a bubble team this year and their playoff chances may come down to that game.

The league is going to look at rivalry matches and story lines, not the likelihood of our success at being a spoiler.

They flexed us 2 years ago against New England when we were at least a .500 team...so by those standards I fully expect all these games flexed out.

Steelers are a bubble team this year and their playoff chances may come down to that game.
    I actually think the Steelers will have clinched a wild card by that point. Having said that, I don't think the game will be flexed given the history of good play between these two teams. You can bet the Ravens will want to hang an 'L' on them entering the playoff round!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Its not optimism. Its about fan bases and match ups that will garner ratings.
    I hear you. I mean, I'll be watching... I'll be cheering... but I don't know how much hope I have left. Any wins will be like a gift under the tree.