Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: "Re-tool" The Ravens Offense

Working on a defense one that will have an indepth analysis.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to waste your team on this thread. I agree without D it's hard to do a full analysis. Stay tuned for a new thread.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I think a lot of folks are going to be disappointed. To the OP ....

- Sign a vet QB to back up Flacco
    - Draft a high pick at RB (rounds 1-3)
    - Draft a high pick at WR (Rounds 1-3)
    - Sign a FA WR
    - Not much needed at TE
    - Depth at OL, Let KO walk, pray to the football gods that Monroe stays healthy.
    14 teams have signed a back up QB during this season. The cupboard is void of vet QB's, let alone mid-shelf talent.

I also don't see us signing an RB, a dime a dozen position, high in the draft. Especially if Justin heals up in time for camp.

As for drafting a WR with a high pick, absolutely. FA WR though? Not likely nor needed if we have a healthy Perriman and SSSr back.

And I am assuming you're leaving out any defensive mentions since its an offense themed thread. Because of all the issues with this team, the defense has become our most glaring, from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Summary:
    - Sign a vet QB to back up Flacco
    - Draft a high pick at RB (rounds 1-3)
    - Draft a high pick at WR (Rounds 1-3)
    - Sign a FA WR
    - Not much needed at TE
    - Depth at OL, Let KO walk, pray to the football gods that Monroe stays healthy.
    I agree with most of your thoughts.

QB - don't spend more than planned on backup QB just because Flacco got injured - he's still our guy. Just get some cheap vet or a late round rookie.

RB - it would be awesome with a Gurley at RB, but it's a luxury. Keep Allen and Tali and maybe Forsett depending on the cap.

WR - round 2-4 pick in the draft and a FA/trade if Sr doesn't come back.

TE - cut Pitta and move forward with the three others.

OL - let KO walk, sign a vet to compete with Urschel for LG, get depth in draft.

Nice topic. I will defer my comments to the end of the season...with six games left, there is still plenty of time for some of the younger players / "trash heap" players to show they deserve a chance next year (for instance, I really like what I saw out of Buck Allen yesterday...especially catching passes out of the backfield).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Do you think part of the lack of quality depth was the dead money (unavailability?)
    Did it seem like we couldn't sign the Trevor Pryce, Reddings of the past (not meaning D players but they were the depth players that came to mind .... trying to think of O leads me to players like Bobbie Williams) a kind of "luxury" depth that money can afford?
    Certainly the cap played a part in not having good depth. We had no choice.

6. Re: "Re-tool" The Ravens Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You didn't include Taliaferro with the RBs? I think RB is mostly fine...if Tali can stay healthy. I'm not super high on Allen so far but he should get better, and West can play if he can keep his ego/whatever in check. You also have Forsett who I'm not convinced is going to be cut. Not a position I would draft highly or at all unless something crazy happens, like best RB in the draft, whoever that is, falls to our Rd 2 pick.
    Agreed. I think between Forsett, Tali, Buck, and West, we have at worst, the makings of a solid committee for the near future. I think we'll cross our fingers that one really distinguishes himelf and MAYBE we'll draft a quick/undersized change of pace type in a mid to late round. Im praying for some combo of cb, pass rusher, and WR in the first 3 rounds, and a second tier FA wr if Sr sticks to his retirement plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago

Harbaugh says that the Ravens have signed WR Chris Matthews to practice squad. Had big Super Bowl.

2 of our top 3 picks on offense? I'm all for helping flacco, been clamouring it for years, but or defense is shockingly bad. Our first two picks need to be pass rusher and defensive back IMO.

Look to free agency for a wide receiver to add to smith and Perriman.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    2 of our top 3 picks on offense? I'm all for helping flacco, been clamouring it for years, but or defense is shockingly bad. Our first two picks need to be pass rusher and defensive back IMO.

Look to free agency for a wide receiver to add to smith and Perriman.
    I agree with you, I would go (given this draft has them) smart true free safety and pass rusher that can essentially contribute asap. Then I would go CB, WR, OL, LB, CB, WR... in a perfect world.
    I would also avoid FA if possible, especially if SSR can contribute again, unless we find aopther SSR-type FA closer to the end of preseason, like Oz tends to do. I am guessing we will still have some cap issues next year, though, from what I understand slightly better than this year.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

best player available. This team has too many holes to be that selective IMO. I guess we will know more towards the end of the year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    best player available. This team has too many holes to be that selective IMO. I guess we will know more towards the end of the year
    On most boards the top players will be:

Bosa pass rusher
    Hargreaves CB
    Ramsey FA
    Tunsil LT
    Stanley LT

no particular order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Certainly the cap played a part in not having good depth. We had no choice.
    Non-linear systems have non-linear effects. The team is trying to adapt to a more finesse- & speed-oriented game so it drafts that way--but cap jail means those draftees & lower-tier FAs are your depth. When starters go down you hope that the backups step up but it takes the young'uns time to adjust to the pro game. In the meantime, what you get is (as we mathematicians would put it) chaos.

IMHO the RB corps (JForce/Buck/Tali/West) is quite serviceable, & the WR corps will be OK if the trainers can figure out how to get Perriman & Camp healthy & keep them that way & if SSSR comes back & if one of the recent pickups can be solid. My concern is the OL--everything begins & ends there. Monroe is a huge question mark, KO is probably gone & Urschel, if he plays decently, is probably off to another team after 2017 (& retired to pursue an academic career the minute he qualifies for a pension--Eigenstein is no fool). Need to find a left side of the future in the next 2 years max.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!