Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: And Now You Will All Get to See

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I give them credit for trying to change, they are trying the problem with it is that they waited until we had absolutely nothing and I mean nothing before they did something, the Ravens should have never been in this boat again after 2013 but yet here they are. You can't wait until you run out of gas just to get some, you have to have something left in the tank and keep filling up, all they had was Steve Smith sr. they gambled again and lost yet again.
    Front Office seems to have an aversion to draft WRs after striking out on so many. That doesn't fly in today's NFL, you have to figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it. Like you said, you can't have one guy in Steve Smith and be completely screwed if he goes down. Also he is a 36 years old wideout, how can you rely on him as your number one. At least Ravens seem to be set at TE for the next several years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Front Office seems to have an aversion to draft WRs after striking out on so many. That doesn't fly in today's NFL, you have to figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it. Like you said, you can't have one guy in Steve Smith and be completely screwed if he goes down. Also he is a 36 years old wideout, how can you rely on him as your number one. At least Ravens seem to be set at TE for the next several years.
    the TE position is super strong and it gives me hope moving forward this team is really only 6-7 impact players away on both sides of the ball over all and a change in philosophy to being an unstoppable force we are not a rebuild team we just need to sure up a few things, fire pees and get a good DC and change their way of thinking and get behind their guy in Joe and we can be a juggernaut, it's very attainable, the question is will they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is why when you get a Franchise QB, you waste little time in building around HIM. Who knows if he's even the same after this. All this 'Oh, he'll have plenty of time to win more Super Bowls' and 'This team wants to win for the long haul' mentality is the pits, because the best way to achieve both was to build around Joe and they didn't. Now, you've got him throwing to UDFAs that can't even run the right fucking routes.

If you think Joe Flacco needs Baltimore more than Baltimore needs Joe, you're kidding yourself. There is a reason why Ozzie ponied up. If Joe had gone to another team that actually GAVE A DAMN, about building around the QB, let alone knew a little something about how to do it, he wouldn't suffer in the least.
    And there inlies the problem. In the 20 year history of the Ravens can you name me one star WR that was drafted? Torrey Smith is the only thing that comes close, and he was far from great. Perriman may be the exception IF he ever gets his ass on the field. I am beginning to believe that Ozzie and this FO has no clue as to drafting WR's, or this organization is cursed in that regard.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the TE position is super strong and it gives me hope moving forward this team is really only 6-7 impact players away on both sides of the ball over all and a change in philosophy to being an unstoppable force we are not a rebuild team we just need to sure up a few things, fire pees and get a good DC and change their way of thinking and get behind their guy in Joe and we can be a juggernaut, it's very attainable, the question is will they do that?
    Pees needs to be a defensive coordinator in college next year. Worst part is, Pees is probably going to spout some BS this week on how the defense is improving after beating the Rams. You faced the worst starting QB in the NFL, you should play well!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Pees needs to be a defensive coordinator in college next year. Worst part is, Pees is probably going to spout some BS this week on how the defense is improving this week after beating the Rams. You faced the worst starting QB in the NFL, you should play well!
    I think he will be hare next year man I just have a bad feeling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    And there inlies the problem. In the 20 year history of the Ravens can you name me one star WR that was drafted? Torrey Smith is the only thing that comes close, and he was far from great. Perriman may be the exception IF he ever gets his ass on the field. I am beginning to believe that Ozzie and this FO has no clue as to drafting WR's, or this organization is cursed in that regard.
    And the crazy thing is that Flacco has had more success with similar talent to what Boller had to work with.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And the crazy thing is that Flacco has had more success with similar talent to what Boller had to work with.
    Most of us knew that the one missing link was a QB. The one season we had a healthy McNair we posted the best record in franchise history. It's a shame his arm fell off during the playoffs. That defense will never be replicated though, so now we need a little more than just a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And that's a knock on Joe. Brady is one of the best QB's to ever play the game who is coached by one of the best coaches the NFL has ever seen.

Making comparisons to that kind of lightening in a bottle is nothing but homerism.
    Flacco is a better playoff quarterback. Therefore, he is a better quarterback. You guys will see in due time. Unfortunately you guys are concrete brained.
    I don't really identify as a musician, the label makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm more of a mentally insane person who just happens to play instruments.

To see a small portion of my original music,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRotmWWnIQ

I call my genre metaphorical alchemy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EggnogManiac View Post
    Flacco is a better playoff quarterback. Therefore, he is a better quarterback. You guys will see in due time. Unfortunately you guys are concrete brained.
    Actually, I don't think this comparison is too far off at all, for a couple of reasons.

First, I think people tend to overvalue Brady. However, when I see him play, I see a guy with no deep ball, who makes his living off quick, short passes to guys who are basically uncoverable, and Gronk. Take one of them away (especially Gronk), and he doesn't look like half the QB people say he is. In essence, Brady is the ultimate system QB. I think part of his reputation as one of the greats is because of the Patriots' early Super Bowl success (and I will admit that some of this may be colored by my dislike for him), but those were won with teams that featured strong defenses and running games - very similar to how the Ravens seem determined to play.

This feeds into my second point. If you compare numbers for Brady's early years to Flacco's, they're virtually the same. Then, something happened about Brady's 7th year (and this goes to exactly what Smoove has been saying for weeks), they went through an organizational philosophy change and started getting Brady weapons like Moss and Welker, and designed an offense around him. That's when the pinball numbers started coming for Brady. Unfortunately, that change has not yet come for the Ravens - we seem to be 5-10 years behind the Patriots (granted, the Patriots were ahead of the curve). It would certainly be interesting to see how Flacco's, and the team's, success would change if an offense was built around Joe's strengths, and how he might then compare to Brady - ENM above makes a very valid point that Joe has outplayed Brady head to head in the playoffs, and has been better playoff QB than Brady in general.