Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

And Now You Will All Get to See

After all these years of many fans undervaluing the strenuous circumstances under which this man has had to work on many occasions, while other top QBs get whole philosophies, offensive systems and skilled position weapons dedicated to them, and don't get the ball taken out of their hand after every little fucking mistake (HARBAUGH), now you'll all get to see how valuable Joe Flacco truly is to this team. And not just his arm, but his toughness, and his composure. Joe didn't look any different yesterday than he does 1-2 games every season and it's been that way since he's been here. And that didn't even look as bad as Buffalo way back when. There is a difference between distracted, having mental lapses and not giving a shit. Joe clearly gave a shit and was frustrated with himself. But let's understand that he didn't show anymore 'fire in his belly' (OOOOoooooo, fire in his belly, oooooooooooooo), during the Super Bowl run, than he has any other time in his career.

I had a feeling that this was going to be the season where Ozzie and Harbaugh were going to get slapped with a fat taste of reality for treating the passing offense like an unwanted stepchild, now it's going to be taken to a new level.

If you think for one second, that all of these close, 1 score games are going to continue, you had better get the booze ready, because the blowouts are coming. By the time these last six games are done, I guarantee that everyone on this board will wonder how the fuck Joe Flacco managed to lead this team to a Title the way that he did, and how he had this offense scoring over 20 PPG. The most I'll give Schaub is a spark week 1, but you can rest assured, it's going to get really ugly.

Then, you'll all understand why Joe Flacco has all of the leverage in negotiations and how he's earned that.

It's fucked up that it had to happen this way, but anybody out there that ever said the Ravens could do just fine with Alex Smith, or that they should give Tyrod a chance, or that Flacco wasn't worth the money, or that Flacco doesn't make the pieces around him better, is going to be in for a rude awakening.

The entire fucking city is going to be rolling out the red carpet for him by the start of 2016 if he's ready by then.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: And Now You Will All Get to See

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    After all these years of many fans undervaluing the strenuous circumstances under which this man has had to work on many occasions, while other top QBs get whole philosophies, offensive systems and skilled position weapons dedicated to them, and don't get the ball taken out of their hand after every little fucking mistake (HARBAUGH), now you'll all get to see how valuable Joe Flacco truly is to this team. And not just his arm, but his toughness, and his composure. Joe didn't look any different yesterday than he does 1-2 games every season and it's been that way since he's been here. And that didn't even look as bad as Buffalo way back when. There is a difference between distracted, having mental lapses and not giving a shit. Joe clearly gave a shit and was frustrated with himself. But let's understand that he didn't show anymore 'fire in his belly' (OOOOoooooo, fire in his belly, oooooooooooooo), during the Super Bowl run, than he has any other time in his career.

I had a feeling that this was going to be the season where Ozzie and Harbaugh were going to get slapped with a fat taste of reality for treating the passing offense like an unwanted stepchild, now it's going to be taken to a new level.

If you think for one second, that all of these close, 1 score games are going to continue, you had better get the booze ready, because the blowouts are coming. By the time these last six games are done, I guarantee that everyone on this board will wonder how the fuck Joe Flacco managed to lead this team to a Title the way that he did, and how he had this offense scoring over 20 PPG. The most I'll give Schaub is a spark week 1, but you can rest assured, it's going to get really ugly.

Then, you'll all understand why Joe Flacco has all of the leverage in negotiations and how he's earned that.

It's fucked up that it had to happen this way, but anybody out there that ever said the Ravens could do just fine with Alex Smith, or that they should give Tyrod a chance, or that Flacco wasn't worth the money, or that Flacco doesn't make the pieces around him better, is going to be in for a rude awakening.

The entire fucking city is going to be rolling out the red carpet for him by the start of 2016 if he's ready by then.
    yup they are really going to see the kind of team we have with Flac mach 5, I tell people all the time no other flippin QB in this league would have any success at all with the kind of philosophy, lack of weapons and system we run here in Baltimore. NONE

Somber morning, Flacco down and out for who knows how long. Losing sucked, losing Flacco hurts.

Blog Entries

No offense, (pun intended) but have you guys been watching the games? Did you see that shit show yesterday? Have you seen all the INTs and fumbles? Best play being FB in the flat... receivers with name tags, rotating Oline...

It's not like I'm expecting Schaub to do much, but he wouldn't have to do much to stay the course this year...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No offense, (pun intended) but have you guys been watching the games? Did you see that shit show yesterday? Have you seen all the INTs and fumbles? Best play being FB in the flat... receivers with name tags, rotating Oline...

It's not like I'm expecting Schaub to do much, but he wouldn't have to do much to stay the course this year...
    Okay, you keep thinking that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Once again, Joe has "all the leverage" only if he wants to return to a situation that would make this year look like a vacation at the beach. If he doesn't mind throwing to UDFA's, and doesn't mind going 6-10 every year for the rest of his career, yeah, he's got all the leverage.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I'm pretty sure our curious nine game streak of games ending within one score is going to come to an end, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Once again, Joe has "all the leverage" only if he wants to return to a situation that would make this year look like a vacation at the beach. If he doesn't mind throwing to UDFA's, and doesn't mind going 6-10 every year for the rest of his career, yeah, he's got all the leverage.
    :word

No offense. LOL. No defense too. Schaub, LOL. Ravens season got worse yesterday. Two main players hurt bad and out for season. Those optimists really are going to get a dose of reality if manziel gets a win. That would be the dagger in the heart of Raven Fans.

One can only hope the team uses Flacco as a rally point and beat the browns. Then it's 4--12. like many predicted.

You could be right, although I think this is a bit worshipful. But if you really want him to extend his contract on reasonable terms that won't cripple the team's ability to bring in other players, you will be rooting for the Ravens to regain some negotiating leverage by Schaub playing well - not so much to establish Schaub as a replacement, but to show that Joe - while valuable- is not as essential as Joe Linta is sure to claim.

And yet we've yet to have a game this year where the offense hasn't put double digits on the board.

Yesterday was probably our worst offensive performance of the year, and we still walked away with the W.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    You could be right, although I think this is a bit worshipful. But if you really want him to extend his contract on reasonable terms that won't cripple the team's ability to bring in other players, you will be rooting for the Ravens to regain some negotiating leverage by Schaub playing well - not so much to establish Schaub as a replacement, but to show that Joe - while valuable- is not as essential as Joe Linta is sure to claim.
    Bring in other players? What, you mean more defenders and RBs? Because since Joe's been here he hasn't seen that type of investment in his WRs. He always gets the aged vets with a few years left. Where's the incentive in that?