Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Can Tucker practice at M&T?

11 field goals is not a large enough sample to deduce anything.

That said, are you sure that number is correct? I'm looking at profootballreference and they have him 2/5 from 50+ over the 9 games this season. Are you talking career numbers?

That said, career wise his FG% has been showing a slight decline.

Beyond 50

2012-2013: 10/11

2014-2015: 6/16

He was fine his first couple of years kicking from beyond 50 and being able to depend on him from that distance is what made him really special.I don't see how you don't view that difference as somewhat concerning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They shouldn't be asking him to kick so many 50+ yarders. Not many kickers would do better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Jaguars kicker nailed a 53 yarder down the same end Tucker keeps missing. That's what he's being paid to do.

They all seem to be drifting to his right in the last ten yards. I think he just needs to make a slight adjustment. It's not a leg strength issue.

Blog Entries

He has a torn PCL...

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They all seem to be drifting to his right in the last ten yards. I think he just needs to make a slight adjustment. It's not a leg strength issue.
    He does have trouble at the one end of the stadium. Not knowing Flacco was hurt we were yelling for another play to get closer.

Couldn't sleep last night so I took a look at both kicks.

Both times the flags on the goal posts were dead flat. No wind whatsoever. The second missed kick looked like a slightly bad snap but Koch recovered it with plenty of time to spare.

It's a weird, quirky stat for sure. He will figure it out. Knowing his work habits from his Longhorn days, he's already got something lined up for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    11 field goals is not a large enough sample to deduce anything.

That said, are you sure that number is correct? I'm looking at profootballreference and they have him 2/5 from 50+ over the 9 games this season. Are you talking career numbers?

That said, career wise his FG% has been showing a slight decline.
    In saw the same thing. 2/5 is not 1/11. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he's just threw a spell. Again, just making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He has a torn PCL...
    Not sure if you're joking but I was thinking something could be wrong with him physically.

The OP's question still remains. If the wind is unpredictable or difficult to read, why not have the Wolf Pack spend a couple of hours a week at M & T practicing? Might help and can't hurt.

Right... Bad snaps, the wind, slight adjustments.....
    Maybe against the Browns he'll make adjustments, the snaps will be copacetic, and no wind. Honestly from 30-49 he's money. Let's hope they can stick to those yards.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Couldn't sleep last night so I took a look at both kicks.

Both times the flags on the goal posts were dead flat. No wind whatsoever. The second missed kick looked like a slightly bad snap but Koch recovered it with plenty of time to spare.

It's a weird, quirky stat for sure. He will figure it out. Knowing his work habits from his Longhorn days, he's already got something lined up for today.
    It was very windy. I sit right behind the East endzone. The flags are not a true indicator of what is going on with the wind. It swirls in that stadium. Flags at the top of the stadium blow one way, flags on the goal posts are blowing another...or not blowing at all...meanwhile, all game long the officials had problems with setting the ball on the LOS and not having it roll away.