Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This......

Re: This......

I think today qualifies as what's known as a Pyrrhic victory...

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I think today qualifies as what's known as a Pyrrhic victory...
    Yes

Personally I'm sick of this let's lose for better draft pick shit. I think that just helps the loses go down better. Sure at this point it's all we can really look forward to, but remember two of the best Ravens of all time Ray and Ed were end of first round. just saying

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    Personally I'm sick of this let's lose for better draft pick shit. I think that just helps the loses go down better. Sure at this point it's all we can really look forward to, but remember two of the best Ravens of all time Ray and Ed were end of first round. just saying
    Well said. I'm rooting for wins every game.

We had games like this the year we won the Super Bowl (Houston, Washington). I don't get Tony's whining. Harbaughs Ravens win ugly and lose ugly. And then they get to the playoffs and they become something different.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    We had games like this the year we won the Super Bowl (Houston, Washington). I don't get Tony's whining. Harbaughs Ravens win ugly and lose ugly. And then they get to the playoffs and they become something different.
    Not this year though, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Tony Lombardi

The Ravens won. Big freakin’ deal!

The best thing that could happen to the Ravens at this point is the very best draft pick they can muster and today’s win, while ugly and rewarding in a VERY short-term kind of way, may prove to be costly.

I hate being in this position but if we’re in it, we may as well root to win it – and that means the very best draft pick possible.

Agree 100% a meaningless win in a awful game......its the worst possible result.
    Neither of you speak for any of us who go to the games and stay to the end of the games.

While the upper deck looked empty, many nose bleeders (including myself) moved down to fill the lower bowl. We cheered for the victory.

Compete, compete, never ever stop competing. To win!

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    Personally I'm sick of this let's lose for better draft pick shit.
    Exactly. A higher draft pick doesn't mean a better player. For example, which player would you take:

2014 - Mike Evans or Odell Beckham?
    2013 - Tavon Austin or Sheldon Richardson?
    2012 - Morris Claiborne or Luke Kuechly?
    2011 - Aldon Smith or JJ Watt?
    2010 - Rolando McClain or Earl Thomas?

In each of those examples above, the first guy listed was picked in the first round 5-9 picks before the second guy listed. It's not always the case, but I would rather have the 2nd guy in every one of those situations. A higher draft pick doesn't guarantee a better player, so why root for the Ravens to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Exactly. A higher draft pick doesn't mean a better player. For example, which player would you take:

2014 - Mike Evans or Odell Beckham?
    2013 - Tavon Austin or Sheldon Richardson?
    2012 - Morris Claiborne or Luke Kuechly?
    2011 - Aldon Smith or JJ Watt?
    2010 - Rolando McClain or Earl Thomas?

In each of those examples above, the first guy listed was picked in the first round 5-9 picks before the second guy listed. It's not always the case, but I would rather have the 2nd guy in every one of those situations. A higher draft pick doesn't guarantee a better player, so why root for the Ravens to lose?
    Completely agree. With the way our scouts have been performing it's s crap shoot anyway.

The NFL draft is a lot different then other sports. Picking 15th means you can still get a top 2 guy at their position. Not like the NHL or nba.

No such thing as a sure thing in these drafts. I think hoping to lose is just silly
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

How do you think the Bengals got stocked the way there are? Give you a hint it wasn't from coming in first...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

With out that clear #1 prospect, or a handful that multiple teams could come knocking on the door for, losing every game isn't the most important. Especially with some of the views already brought to light. I doubt we'll win another game all season though w/o Flacco. That was the final nail in the coffin for the 2015 Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Completely agree. With the way our scouts have been performing it's s crap shoot anyway.

The NFL draft is a lot different then other sports. Picking 15th means you can still get a top 2 guy at their position. Not like the NHL or nba.

No such thing as a sure thing in these drafts. I think hoping to lose is just silly
    l am not hoping to lose....hoping to win by playing well against good teams. Winning by playing badly against bad teams does nothing to improve a team or athlete...just the opposite. It creates the illusion of being better, but still sucking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans