Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco contract hypothetical

How many top 10'picks has Cleveland had? Their going to be looking to draft qb number 4 in the past 7-8 years. Flaccos deal will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by turretgunner View Post
    Yes, thats a Grand Idea.

Lets use a historically high draft pick where we could pick a future cornerstone/all pro type talent at a position of need like Corner or Dline and instead use it on a shitty QB in a shitty QB draft class that also coincidently is a position that is a total crapshoot.

Then we can keep on drafting another high one every year or 2 because we will be picking in the top 10 for a long time. Sound eerily familiar to the business model of the Raiders, Browns, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Jets and the rest of the bottom feeding teams who sniff the playoffs about once every 10 years.

Look on the bright side broski, the draft is our new super bowl each year... and we can start playing golf on the Sundays in January/February we would be watching football.
    Or we can also find a better QB then Flacco at a fraction of the price, which opens up lots of money we can spend on better talent around him and not being stuck with lots of other bloated contracts from purging the roster. Then we can get another top 5 pick from having a rebuilding year to grab one of those corner or Dline guys you want.

What qb coming out do you think is even starting NFL caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Or we can also find a better QB then Flacco at a fraction of the price, which opens up lots of money we can spend on better talent around him and not being stuck with lots of other bloated contracts from purging the roster. Then we can get another top 5 pick from having a rebuilding year to grab one of those corner or Dline guys you want.
    Who? Who are we going to find better than flacco first. You think these mother fuckers grow on trees like crabapples. There is a reason there are only about 15 guys in the world who are legit franchise QB's. We have one. He might not be the best but you don't get rid of one unless you have something better that is a sure thing. He is going NOWHERE. I honestly question your mental state to propose such an assine thing.

Or is this really what you are looking forward to:

ScreenShot2013-10-23at1.12.30PM_original_crop_north.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The dead money would be like $25M and the cap hit would be $28M. It's $3M of cap relief. That's not nothing. But are you willing to upset the best QB we have ever had suit up for the Ravens for $3M of cap relief?
    Just look at the guy's posting history, don't expect a rational discussion.

Who? Who are we going to find better than flacco first. You think these mother fuckers grow on trees like crabapples. There is a reason there are only about 15 guys in the world who are legit franchise QB's. We have one. He might not be the best but you don't get rid of one unless you have something better that is a sure thing. He is going NOWHERE. I honestly question your mental state to propose such an assine thing.

There are QBs drafted every year that turn out good. Why would you just assume every QB is going to be bad? I'd rather take my chances on a very manageable rookie deal for a Top 10 QB instead of paying a guy who has never even gotten 4000 yards top money.

Blog Entries

And which QB would that be?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

mannnnn people need to sober up lol

Exactly, Flacco isn't going anywhere. But I wouldn't rule out drafting a potential backup in the middle of the draft. Would rather get a younger guy with some potential then a retread like Schaub.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And which QB would that be?
    I think Cooke, Lynch and Goff could all become solid NFL QBs. One of them probably busts based on probabilities, but one probably ends up better then Flacco too. They've all got the making of an NFL starter from what I can see though

There are QBs drafted every year that turn out good. Why would you just assume every QB is going to be bad? I'd rather take my chances on a very manageable rookie deal for a Top 10 QB instead of paying a guy who has never even gotten 4000 yards top money.
    This is simply not true, not even close. There are not good QB's in every draft. 2013 and 2010 no franchise QB's were drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...?type=position

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Exactly, Flacco isn't going anywhere. But I wouldn't rule out drafting a potential backup in the middle of the draft. Would rather get a younger guy with some potential then a retread like Schaub.
    I agree, and thats one of this things this team should have been doing the last 5 years. Take a stab at a mid round project QB. Might be the next Russel Wilson or Tom Brady. We are more likely to draft a bum skill player there anyway, and it would save us from having to waste cap space on a guy like Shuab who is a proven bum. Keep a cheap backup on the team and if they do turnout to be a real starter, you trade them or trade joe down the road when the right situation presents itself. Its a cheap hedge to the future of the franchise. Hell even the Pats do it. Look at guys like Mallet and Garrap. They didn't turn out to be the next brady but they did go 11-5 with Mallet. You never know what you could turn up.