Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're Done

We're Done

After seeing the Pats / Colts game, it's obvious there are two teams, both of which we play back to back, that are way out of our league. Yes, on any given Sunday, anything can happen .... but any given TWO Sundays???

I dont think so.

Re: We're Done

Well it is not just the Ravens. It is anybody in the league.

Do you have season tix? Cause if you do, i'll take them since your so sure how all this plays out. Hell, I'll even pay you 10% of what they are worth to watch us lose...
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Do you have season tix? Cause if you do, i'll take them since your so sure how all this plays out. Hell, I'll even pay you 10% of what they are worth to watch us lose...
    At what point exactly did you read into my post and take away from it that I am no longer going to keep supporting my team?

Did you see the game yesterday? Both teams execute on a level that isnt even close to the Ravens. I dont think its an overstatement to say we are looking at two of the best football teams in the history of the NFL.

By the way, you live in a dream world if you think 10% above ticket price is some sort of good deal.

Hey Houston Every post i have been reading of yours lately has been we are done we can't hold up against anybody in this league. I am not saying that you cant say we are not better then everyone but u have already called us out that there is no chance for the team to win and we shouldn't even show up.

This board was supposed to be a step above YBR.

It looks like it headed in the same direction :grbac:

My team right or wrong. I was there in 96 for 4-12, in 2000 for SBXXXV, 02 for a 7-9 that was exciting & 06 for 13-3. The only way anyone is ever getting my tickets is when I die. I may be frustrated with things I have seen over the years, & this year several things are right up there, but I'm tired of this doom & gloom crap I keep hearing & reading. If you're ready to get off the wagon, go ahead, but don't get back on when things start going right for this team again, whether it's this year or next or whenever. I will never stop supporting my Ravens. The flag flies in front of my house every day, in the face of the Stiller fans across the street. Both garage doors have Raven magnets on them every day, staring at the Stiller fans across the street. Win or lose my house looks the same every day, Ravens proud. While commenting about the things that are frustrating you are fine, just throwing in the towel & giving up is BS. Give your tickets to a real fan who supports the team win or lose & isn't there for just the good times.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I saw the opposite, I saw two teams compete and show us how to beat each of them. Our defense is probably better than either of theirs, when healthy. We have a running game as good as the Pats. The passing game is where we lack. We need a spark there.

The key is to get everybody healthy and back in football shape before we see them. And we have them both at home. We might just have a better shot against them then we do tonight.

Very good points Greg, right on the mark.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    My team right or wrong. I was there in 96 for 4-12, in 2000 for SBXXXV, 02 for a 7-9 that was exciting & 06 for 13-3. The only way anyone is ever getting my tickets is when I die. I may be frustrated with things I have seen over the years, & this year several things are right up there, but I'm tired of this doom & gloom crap I keep hearing & reading. If you're ready to get off the wagon, go ahead, but don't get back on when things start going right for this team again, whether it's this year or next or whenever. I will never stop supporting my Ravens. The flag flies in front of my house every day, in the face of the Stiller fans across the street. Both garage doors have Raven magnets on them every day, staring at the Stiller fans across the street. Win or lose my house looks the same every day, Ravens proud. While commenting about the things that are frustrating you are fine, just throwing in the towel & giving up is BS. Give your tickets to a real fan who supports the team win or lose & isn't there for just the good times.
    Say it loud!!! I'm purple an' I'm Proud!:hammer:

Indy really looked like crap LATE in the season last year, against Houston and Jacksonville IIRC. Lo and behold they get Bob Sanders back from injury at safety and they became a machine.

I disagree tonight is a "must win." If we lose tonight, but are (somehow) healthy for next week and the duration, there is no reason we cannot beat CIN, CLE, PIT, SEA, SD for nine wins, which might this year be enough by itself, and steal a 10th somewhere else on the schedule to ensure it.

I'm not saying that will happen, but it might. If we were healthy tonight and lost, that would be a very bad omen for the rest of the year. But if we're essentially playing tonight left handed, I am not convinced *if we ever get healthy* we can't somehow sneak into the playoffs.

Anyway I absolutely agree that the amount of despair on this board is completely discouraging. Even if we were *eliminated* from the playoffs, it's not the end of the world, everybody please stay connected to reality, thank you very much.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I believe if we lose tonight we are finished.. The rest of the season will be to run the schedule out..

Hopefully we can get rid of the deadwood and get younger next year..