Quick observations on ex-Ravens

Jamal Lewis scored 4 touchdowns, but only ran for 37 yards. He is now reduced to the Jerome Bettis goal line roal.

We should have never placed Derek Anderson on the practice squad and held on to Cory Fuller in 2005. Anderson is throwing over 350 yards consistently each week.

Anyone watch the Colts/Patriots game? If so, anyone notice that Adalius Thomas was nowhere to be found? Was he injured?

2. Re: Quick observations on ex-Ravens

According to the guys on ESPN Thomas was removed for a nickel back in most situations

Re: Quick observations on ex-Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    Jamal Lewis scored 4 touchdowns, but only ran for 37 yards. He is now reduced to the Jerome Bettis goal line roal.

We should have never placed Derek Anderson on the practice squad and held on to Cory Fuller in 2005. Anderson is throwing over 350 yards consistently each week.

Anyone watch the Colts/Patriots game? If so, anyone notice that Adalius Thomas was nowhere to be found? Was he injured?
    About Anderson...sure he's doing well and I'll take nothign away from him. But that team is built for a QB to be successful, lets be honest.

Look at all the money they invested in OL...

For those who don't ever believe others about the importance of OL...how do the Bengals look this year with Anderson adn Jones in and out of the line up, and no Braham or Steinbach? It's not the same team.

How did the Eagles look wtih Winston Justice in there? And the Rams?

The Browns are built from the OL, and then 2 top 8 picks at the skill positions. The QB SHOULD be successful.

If Boller and Anderson were swithced you may see similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreInJungle View Post
    According to the guys on ESPN Thomas was removed for a nickel back in most situations
    "The most versatile defensive player in the NFL" was subbed out for a nickel back.

Blog Entries

I didn't hear Thomas' name called much, if at all, the whole game......I didn't see the whole game, but most of it, so I'm not exactly sure.....either way, I never saw him do anything spectacular......

And if Atlanta hadnt traded Favre they would have 5 super bowls by now...
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Anderson has thrown for over 300 yards only twice this year, 364 yesterday & 328 in week 2 vs the Bungles. He has 17 TD passes this year vs 9 INT's & has only been sacked 8 x in 8 games. Their O line has been built to make the QB succeed, & with the receivers they have, this is a QB's dream.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

What? The Browns O is built for the QB to succeed, and the Ravens isn't?

The Ravens haven't been building on the OL?

Our left side with JO and Brown, or even Terry and Brown, is just as good as Thomas and Steinbach, and our right side is probably better than theirs is. C is a push.

We don't have good WRs and one of the best TEs in the league? We don't have one of the better RBs in the league?

The players are here for a QB to be successful, there are two reason why they aren't, one is that the Guru's offensive system sucks, and two is that the QBs we have just aren't that good.

Do I think DA is a great QB? No. But he is good, good enough to be a quality starter for a long time, to think we had a guy that could have been our starter for a good 10 years, and let him go, is slightly depressing. But whats done is done. And you better believe one of the reasons they kept Troy Smith is because they don't want the same thing happening, even if Smith doesn't have the potential that Anderson does.
    Last edited by RavenFanatic2k6; 11-05-2007 at 07:11 PM.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I don't know what our O is built for, but the Browns are getting the most out of there's. With the arm Anderson has, & the weapons the Browns have given him, & the offensive scheme they are using, he is looking successful. Maybe if we changed our "profile" & tried some different "schemes" & "playcalling" & maybe we would get the most out of our O & have a QB & offense built for success.

I agree w/ you that DA will probably never be a great QB, but he will probably have many years of above average stats & have some big successful games.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!