Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Refugee or not to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    EU border control is very loose. Can't even remember the last time I had my passports checked driving around Europe.
    And how easy is it to get in the U.S. illegally?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    And how easy is it to get in the U.S. illegally?
    I would say very easy. If I was a terrorist I wouldn't risk getting caught going through the refugee vetting process which could take up to 24 months. I would enter illegally.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I would say very easy. If I was a terrorist I wouldn't risk getting caught going through the refugee vetting process which could take up to 24 months. I would enter illegally.
    Well, if I were in Syria, the easiest, most cost effective way is to use the refugee program. Once they fly you out of country (on our dime), you can just vanish. There's nothing keeping you in the program.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Well, if I were in Syria, the easiest, most cost effective way is to use the refugee program. Once they fly you out of country (on our dime), you can just vanish. There's nothing keeping you in the program.
    True. But it's the wait time. Every report I've seen says the vetting process takes 18-24 months...that's before you get on a plane to the U.S. I just can't see a terrorist in Syria going through that process of red tape (we all know how effective the fed is at pushing papers), waiting, and the possibility of getting caught. IMO it would be much "easier" to get into Europe then make their way into the U.S.

Plus I think their best tool to attacking the U.S. is converting young impressionable Muslim Americans to their cause via social media.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

True. But it's the wait time. Every report I've seen says the vetting process takes 18-24 months...that's before you get on a plane to the U.S. I just can't see a terrorist in Syria going through that process of red tape (we all know how effective the fed is at pushing papers), waiting, and the possibility of getting caught. IMO it would be much "easier" to get into Europe then make their way into the U.S.

Plus I think their best tool to attacking the U.S. is converting young impressionable Muslim Americans to their cause via social media.
    We've already covered them converting U.S. Muslims. Which, even if it were easier, why does that mean we should give them an extra way in?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

You don't wait in the country you're trying to flee, especially in a country where you may be killed once you claim asylum. Refugees are evacuated to one of many countries / facilities. Many of these refugees are claiming asylum in Greece.

In this case, you can easily embed amongst the refugees and travel with them to Europe. You're just a face in a crowd of faces that look just like you. No airport security to worry about. Once they get to Europe, they can simply disappear at that point, never entering the asylum process, never having to wait for a legal status they're not even interested in anyway.

Blog Entries

Good article on life inside Isis controlled Syria.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/08/...fe-caliphate-0
    -JAB

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Show me in the bible where it says to let an enemy come and violate your family.
    I love bleeding heart liberals. You guys you take them in as well. When common sense is called Islamaphobia or Xenophobia we all lose!!!
    Have you read what Jesus said?

Before I go on let me say that I am torn on this issue because I am leery of terrorists getting in through this door. I wouldn't want my kids' school bombed, and they go to a Christian school which doesn't have the resources public schools do in regard to safety, not to mention that it is a Christian school which raises its "target value" possibly. Anbd I don't see it as xenophobia or Islamaphobia to see things as you do. It is common sense, at least from a secular view.

But Jesus instructs us to turn the other cheek, to go the extra mile, to love our enemies and pray for them, and to take in strangers (among many others).

From Matthew 25:34-36
    “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
    There are a lot of things in the Bible we may not like, but if we are Christians are commanded to do them. If you read the rest of that Scripture (Verses 31-46) it becomes clear how important this is to God. And there are many, many, many more places where these actions are not just encouraged, but are instructed to do. The Good Samaritan is another parable that should be considered.

And as a Christian I also think about how we have a much better chance to bring Muslims to Jesus if they are here as opposed to Syria or Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Show me in the bible where it says to let an enemy come and violate your family.
    The Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    If it were possible to be 100% sure none of the refugees are terrorists, I say we can let them in. We can't though. You might be willing to risk the lives of innocent people, but I'm not and never will be.
    Darb, can you name one thing a human being can be 100% sure of, I can think of only one and he can only prove that to himself.

Those who wish to conquer the world with Islam are not in a hurry, they are very patient. One of their strategies is seen blooming in Europe where they plan on simply out producing the historical Europeans with off spring. They will gain a majority through generations and they are fine with waiting. They take the very long view with 100 year plans. We can't keep our attention for 5 minutes on the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Those who wish to conquer the world with Islam are not in a hurry, they are very patient. One of their strategies is seen blooming in Europe where they plan on simply out producing the historical Europeans with off spring. They will gain a majority through generations and they are fine with waiting. They take the very long view with 100 year plans. We can't keep our attention for 5 minutes on the same thing.
    I get that. I agree with you to a point. But we not talking about Muslims that live in America. We are talking about refugees from abroad who have been affected by American Imperialism and want to die and kill as many people who don't believe as they do.

Would you bring people in your home around your kids that might kill them? You can love folks without being negligent.