Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rolle's Illness?

Quote Originally Posted by ravens138 View Post
    We may have been the 2nd ranked defense but it was because of Rolle. He was beat sooo much last year and this year he isn't doing anything to imporve his play.
    It is a known fact that Ed Reed was responsible for a lot of those as Rolle let them go because of the coverage. Reed freelanced too much and it made Rolle look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    It is a known fact that Ed Reed was responsible for a lot of those as Rolle let them go because of the coverage. Reed freelanced too much and it made Rolle look bad.
    Maybe you dont understand the role of Safety.

Reed is cleaning up Rolle's misques. If a saftey is making tackles on a wide out, then 99.9% of the time its because a CB missed a coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Reed is cleaning up Rolle's misques. If a saftey is making tackles on a wide out, then 99.9% of the time its because a CB missed a coverage.
    !!!!????

Houston that is incorrect. Safeties are routinely assigned to coverage that calls on them to tackle wide outs.

Perhaps you mean they are not often assigned to cover wide outs in 'man' coverage, that might be closer to the truth. But the fact is safeties are routinely covering zones, or providing planned coverage on certain routes after receivers have been released by whoever was covering them before, or blanketing receivers in double coverage or something.

There is a lot of wrong in this thread, so much that even UKRavenStockers is getting snarky. That's saying something.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

This comment is so wrong it's Tex-like. I guess if a defense is playing zone coverage the CBs are responsible for all tackles, even those outside their zone. :insane:

Not to mention that both the Ravens and Ed Reed said he often free-lanced on a play, not giving Rolle the coverage support the defensive scheme called for.

Maybe you don't understand Cover 2?

I saw this story and I think it was this offseason where Samari Rolle and another NFL player went to Africa. It was a story because they had plane troubles and thought they were going to die. I wonder if he got something there? Just a thought.

I would like to know what the illness is but I understand privacy. He doesn't have to disclose to us.

We may have been the 2nd ranked defense but it was because of Rolle. He was beat sooo much last year and this year he isn't doing anything to imporve his play.
    Yeah, we lost sooo many games being blown out by throwing at Rolle! :grbac: Perception is not always factual!

What is a misque? Lobster misque? misquet of beef?

Oh has anyone noticed how much Heap is hurt. He has missed a lot of time over the last couple of years.
    The way our QBs hang him out, I am surprised the dude is still alive. I think that Heap has a bad hammie. Those injuries take weeks to recover completely.

I heard on the radio and I read on ESPN a few weeks ago that Samari Rolle has an irregular heart beat, and that's why they are having problems with his medication.

Oh and we are ONLY 4-3

And you don't think is more of a result of poor offensive play and play calling, then our D. Any way you want to look at it we are still one of the best defensive units in the nfl, you don't have to like it, but it is what it is. We have maybe 1 loss if our offense could just put up some points. Again for the last time we can not blame our D for our record, any real fan would be able to realize this!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Rayvens52 you keep saying that but it's wrong.

The defense has to shut out every team. The offense has to put up 1000 points every game. I don't expect either side of the ball to be perfect but they both bear some responsibility for a failure to meet one of those goals in a loss, and they both get some credit for approaching those goals in a win.

It's not an offense v. defense thing, it's a Ravens v. other team thing. Repeating yourself does not make you right.

The talent on our team is mostly on the defensive side of the ball. They have to play like it, and saying the offense is not scoring enough points is not an excuse.

Injuries are the biggest problem now, truth be told. Jabbing fingers at a quarterback or a coach is overlooking how much we are hurting at key positions on both sides of the ball.
    :2c:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.