Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What do we want to see the rest of the year (now)?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    #7 is the most important IMO.

We don't need to see A. Brown. That ship has sailed. He stinks and the fans need to get over it.
    Brown has what 20 career snaps? How can you tell he stinks? He should be out playing.

More Za'darius Smith, I want to see if he has the potential to be a reliable pass rusher in the future.

Start passing the ball more to Maxx Williams instead of forcing it to Aiken so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Brown has what 20 career snaps? How can you tell he stinks? He should be out playing.
    If he was any good he'd already be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I think he stinks. I don't know that he stinks. I'm not saying start him, but work him in the rotation. If he sucks this 2nd half, let the ship sail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I think he stinks. I don't know that he stinks. I'm not saying start him, but work him in the rotation. If he sucks this 2nd half, let the ship sail.
    I'm with you. We should give him the opportunity.

Blog Entries

I mean he is playing behind decent linebackers. He may just be a late bloomer. Play the kid and see how he does.

Not original, but:

1) I would like to see the backups play, especially Brown. If they or he stink, let's at least see it first hand.

2) I would like to see them deal the Steelers a soul-crushing loss that severely hurts their playoff hopes and sends yinzers frothing for months. Preferably on a questionable call by the refs, just so they feel victimized.

3) See #2.

I remember Ellerbe couldn't get on the field behind McClain, even though it seemed obvious to many that Ellerbe was the better player. Then McClain got hurt, Ellerbe became the starter, and played great through the Super Bowl.

For that reason I'm a bit skeptical of Harbaugh's evaluation of the ILB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I remember Ellerbe couldn't get on the field behind McClain, even though it seemed obvious to many that Ellerbe was the better player. Then McClain got hurt, Ellerbe became the starter, and played great through the Super Bowl.

For that reason I'm a bit skeptical of Harbaugh's evaluation of the ILB position.
    Great is a stretch. And really hasn't done much since leaving here, telling me the evaluation at that position is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Let's see some multiple TE sets, run the ball with Buck Allen or throw to Gillmore, Williams, and Boyle.
    I like this. TE sets and run the ball. Aiken (good name for him) is crap, Givens should be given a chance to be the go to guy, and use the TEs as much as possible. Don't go long. Keep things short to average in length. 20-25 yards tops. Keep the D off the field.... And you know why. Go for time of possession.

Don't be afraid to throw in the middle of the field. Gillmore on seam routes for example.

More Jeremy Butler. No more Marlon Brown.

Agree on more Arthur Brown. We need to know what we have THIS year, not next.

More bootlegs for Joe.

Get Juice out in space, fewer of these dead end passes in the flat that go for 2 yards. Juice can be the new Rathman (I'm dating myself) or Alstott.

Throw deep no less than 5 times per game. Joe has a big arm. USE IT.

Get Urschel more time at LG. Osemele is gone nexst year, better find out what we have now.

3 TE sets more both in the run and pass game.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    I might rank them in different order, but great list.

I particularly agree with:
    1) Perriman - it is critical that we evaluate him even for 2 games if we can. We're gonna have a high draft pick and that may affect our choice heavily.
    2) Brooks - he has impressive speed/size/strength and has shown some flashes. He's a good tackler and showed against Delaney Walker he has the killer instinct. Lewis, unfortunately, has been pretty terrible this year to my amateur eye. Give your 3rd round pick who's proven he has upside a shot.
    3) Givens - I think he is a legitimate WR. He would be a fine 3rd WR, in my opinion. I think if we can test Breshad and he looks good, then our WR depth suddenly looked a lot better 1) perriman/??? 2) ???/perriman 3) Givens 4) Aiken 5-7) Waller/Campanaro/Butler/cheap FAs/later draft picks. Especially because I think SSSr may be back as a wildcard in all this...

I would add...

1) Webb - he has looked much better recently and it intrigues me that they've started experimented with using him different ways. If he proves to be more like himself still than we thought, that is important to know before the offseason! He looked like a surefire cut 2 months ago. Glad he's doing better.
    2) Shareece Wright - keep watching him, but honestly, sign this dude for depth. He's looked pretty good actually except for getting roasted in San Fran. Says a lot that he took Arrington's job pretty much right away. Still think we need to get Hargreaves from Florida if we pick that high.
    Perriman....nothing adds up with Perriman Expecting him to come in and be our defacto #1? I can't see it. It may not be worth it. Let him start from the beginning again...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans