Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This team is turning into a major disappointment.

The one common denominator of this under-achieving franchise is Brian Billick. I'm officially on the bandwagon.

This team looks the same every year. We have great players with great chemistry. The defense can usually be counted on and we know they'll show up almost every week. Today they were pitiful, but I can take this one on the chin.

The problem is the offense. The personel is there. Talent at the skill positions and 2 QB's who SHOULD be able to succeed. But they can't. The play-calling and the philosophy of this offense is predictable and inexcusible. Same shit different day.

Poor clock management today. The run game was not established; in spite of this, Kyle Boller came in and played well. Though lucky at times, he fufilled his part of the deal. The defense gave it up and the O-line wasn't giving Boller much time.

There must be some reason why Steve McNair can't succeed in this offense. There must be some reason why our running game is almost non-existent. There must be some reason for the inexcusible play-calling and clock-management.

The reason? Brian Billick and this putrid offensive philosophy. Jim Fassell is also responsible, but this team has to make some SERIOUS changes. We all saw it last year. The only change was Steve McNair, and sadly, he's not going to do it. Many of us thought the O-line should have been heavily adressed, and it wasn't.

The O-line needs to be overhauled and the offensive coaching staff needs to be re-evaluated. Also, Rex Ryan needs to know WHEN he shouldn't use his cutesy high risk defense. Like, say, maybe you should make sure Steve Smith is double covered at all times.

I know we are 4-2, but it's the same old team. Changes need to be made NOW.

Re: This team is turning into a major disappointment.

I agree 100%, although I think you have to go back before even last year. We saw this same shit ever since Billick has been here. I don't know if Fassel should get the blame though. The reason I say that is because I was furious over Matt Cavanaugh the whole time he was here. He's been gone for over 2 years now, and NOTHING has changed. Something is wrong, and the only one left standing is Brian Billick. He is totally responsible, in my opinion.

Amen

Fire Forrester after this year

The coaching staff is not aligned with the FO in terms of making use of their draft choices.

Make a friggin decision that if you're going to draft offensive line players high up in the draft -- let them play. We've had no drop in production since we had Jason Brown coming in, despite Billick's reluctance to bring him in.

We almost lost Bart Scott because we never played him, we did lose Rabach and kept Flynn instead -- what a bonus.

Cut our losses with Jamal now so that we can see if Musa can really play -- rather than letting him go at the end of this year and playing well for another team ala Chester Taylor.

Its getting really old -- not the losing but seeing that we can't EVER seem to have a decent offense despite all these good players

Yeah, you are right cuda.

It goes back to the days of Elvis Grbac.

Same shit every single year.

I called for Cavanaugh's head, too. Come to find out, it's all been on BB's shoulders. I'm so incredibly tired of this shit.

Rack Merlin.

Why draft Chris Chester and Adam Terry in the 2nd round if they can't even see the field?

O'Callahaugn(sp?) for NE and McNeil for SD are good rookie starters. Why are we drafting PROJECTS in the second round?!

Forrester needs to go. Billick needs to go. We need to overhaul this O-line.

6. Re: This team is turning into a major disappointment.

well you cant fire a head coach mid-season without writing off the whole season, you can bring in a new scheme and ideas right away. So Billick stays, but if we finish at or below .500 , bye bye billick. The problem comes in, with what if we finish 10-6 but the offense still struggles? I think Billick has had his run here, its bee good, but time for a change.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Many of us thought the O-line should have been heavily adressed, and it wasn't.
    And how is that primarily Billick's responsibility?

Its not Billicks responsibility,its the front offices.For all of the great moves that they have pulled off ignoring the O lIne has been haunting them for years now.

Dont know if you heard the announcers saying that pressure up the middle KILLS a QB because he has no where to step up into,unlike edge pressure that can be eluded.

Mike Flynn SUCKS Kedrick Vincent SUCKS and we have a rookie that didnt impress me yesterday as he was the one along with Flynn that got blown up on the play McNair got hurt.

Until this middle of the line gets addressed this offense will go nowhere,I dont care if we had Peyton Manning or Al Saunders or ANYONE in those positions.

We are pretty set in our skill positions,on offense and defense really,and if we dont address the O LINE EARLY in the draft this year 2007 is going to look a lot like 2006 is right now.Not the 4th or 5th round ROUND FREAKIN 1 and 2,where we could concievably get a top guard AND center to fight it out with Brown and Chester and may the best man win.

Look at Mangold in NY playing greta his FIRST year,the guy Spencer that Seattle got and Logan Mankins for NE who stepped right in and played.The FO mentality seems to be "we can get a decent Olinemen in the later rounds" which is true but there is a reason that these guys go in the 3rd or 4th round and not the first,because they have potential but nee TIME to be developed.

I can honestly see this team going 10-6(all we need to play is slightly over .500 ball) and a first round exit this year.In that scenario we would probably have the 20th pick or so,and even we were in that position we could trade back and opick up an extra pick in the 2nd round to get the guys we need to make the difference.

Mike Flynn should flat out be realeased,he is horrible,he has been for 3 years now and no rookie could possibly any worse.I mean if you are getting shoved back into the Qb on every play what does it matter if it is a 9 yr vet or a rookie? The rookie will at least get bettr unlike the trash we have in there now.I dont care about the cap hit,I dont care what he has done for us "in the past" or who likes him,he is done get rid of him he is useless.

52 has it exactly right. Oh, how I was hoping for Mangold, he would be starting for us too.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

The team is 4-2 with lots of room for improvement. Vent your anger, but let's not make more of a 2-point loss than what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I for one blamed 99% of this team's past failures since the superbowl season on lack of a top notch starting caliber NFL QB. Now that McNair has shown even he can struggle with this OFFENSIVE LINE, I must agree that of all the constant dynamics that remain intact, that only this sorry excuse of an offensive line must be to blame. Despite the changing of QB's like disposable gloves, and the firing of the OC and hiring of a proven one in Fassell, the offense remains consistently inept.

Ergo, simple logic indicates it is Billick who is the culprit for this mess.
    Now thats a perfect assessment of the situation.

Steve McNair's struggles have nothing to do with Billick. The guy can't throw like he use too, ask the Titans fans. The guy that we should really think about canning is the treflon man, Ozzie. The guy can't build an offense to save his ass.