Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BS penalty

Blog Entries

BS penalty

Hands to the face.

Hockey might need a "hands to the face" penalty but not the NFL.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 11-10-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Profanity in thread title

Blog Entries

Re: Bullshit penalty

It's a good penalty if called correctly. A soft rub on someones chin should not be called. However, a hard jolt to someones nose should be. I could probably get by someone trying to block me every time if I punched them in their face unexpectedly.

Blog Entries

Lots of times they're hand fighting and a hand slips up under the chin and most times it's not intentional. With all the equipment they have I don't feel it should be a penalty. You would have to rip their helmet off to do any real damage. I guess there's stats somewhere to justify the NFL's position but I can't recall a player being sidelined for "hands to the face".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Lots of times they're hand fighting and a hand slips up under the chin and most times it's not intentional. With all the equipment they have I don't feel it should be a penalty. You would have to rip their helmet off to do any real damage. I guess there's stats somewhere to justify the NFL's position but I can't recall a player being sidelined for "hands to the face".
    Tom Brady disagrees with you regarding how intense of or level of force is an actual legit penalty.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Profanity in thread title allowed now?

I don't know why it's legal to stiff arm a defensive player trying to make a tackle but in all other instances it is illegal. They should at least make the rule consistent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Tom Brady disagrees with you regarding how intense of or level of force is an actual legit penalty.
    That further reinforces my position!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Relatively new to the board and not aware of what's profanity and what's not. Please feel free to have moderator change title or delete topic.

I think, at times, the HC will tell a ref about something he see's an opposing player do on a consistent basis. Then the ref is aware of it. BS penalties happen all the time, due to what the ref see's. Love the defensive holding in secondary. Some want to see contact, some just call it if defensive player puts his hand on his back. Love the rub plays, it's close to a pick play.

Blog Entries

You almost never see a punt return without a penalty anymore it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Actually, no they're not.
    Good thing we have you around to catch this type of serious violation HR.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

OP, please stop making threads.