Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread Bye @ Ravens 11/8

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is still a game thread right?
    Lol
    Wtf is going on me and you are on the same page today?? Stop it!

I certainly think we could have signed Crabtree if we wanted to...I just think the team didn't want him at all and took another gamble on the young guys.

I don't recall however more than a very few wanting us to sign him on this board. When it comes to vet UFA WR's, the majority of posters here treat them like leprosy...insisting on unproven guys almost every year. It's weird.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is still a game thread right?
    LOL it is, people just have to move on and get over the fact that Crabtree and Johnson just weren't
    meant to be for the Ravens.

Garçon makes Cousins look bad again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I certainly think we could have signed Crabtree if we wanted to...I just think the team didn't want him at all and took another gamble on the young guys.

I don't recall however more than a very few wanting us to sign him on this board. When it comes to vet UFA WR's, the majority of posters here treat them like leprosy...insisting on unproven guys almost every year. It's weird.
    People turned their noses up at the vet WRs that were available, again people were treating DeAndre Carter like he could be a true gem for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    LOL it is, people just have to move on and get over the fact that Crabtree and Johnson just weren't
    meant to be for the Ravens.
    Crabcakes

To be fair to Ozzie, if your in the salary cap pinch they are in, you have to skimp somewhere. When that gets exposed, people are gonna rant and rave regardless of where that weakness is.

If it was not the WR's and CB it would be somewhere else on the field, there is only so much money.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Yea but there were other guys. Truth is Ozzie and Harbs rolled the Dice that Perriman and Smith would be good enough with Joe at QB to overcome the meh level of talent behind them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    If Breshad Perriman and Steve Smith Sr were healthy and Perriman was producing at a high level to go along with what Smith Sr. was doing before he got hurt we wouldn't be 2-6 and venting about not signing Crabtree or Johnson.

Pats about to score again.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    If Breshad Perriman and Steve Smith Sr were healthy and Perriman was producing at a high level to go along with what Smith Sr. was doing before he got hurt we wouldn't be 2-6 and venting about not signing Crabtree or Johnson.
    I agree.

Unfortunately its a lot of ifs that never came to pass. Like I said, if it were not the WR's it would be somewhere else. The cap situation we are in has consequences

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Funny thing is, with all this talk now about Crabtree and Johnson, the offense is the least of our worries, and is definitely not the reason we're 2-6.

Even with 12 men, the Skins can't stop the run.