View Poll Results: Would we have won the gam with McNair playing the whole time?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 31.43%
  • NO

32 45.71%
  • 9 12.86%
  • 7 10.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

Do you honestly think that people like CR and Tex actually have any facts to back up their claims?

We know Tex never watches a game and CR has let his hatred for Boller cloud his mind.

I posted a fairly telling summary of the drives that McNair and Boller have started this year. Guess exactly how many Haters said anything about it. 1/3 of the drives started by McNair end in three-and-out or worse.
    1/3 of the drives started by McNair pick up only one first down.
    1/3 of the drives started by McNair pick up more than one first down.

Yet in their eyes McNair has been leading us up and down the field.

We had seven TDs scored on offense before last Sunday. We've started inside the opponents 40 nine times. 10 FGs.

They love to say Boller is wildly inaccurate, yet he has a 55% completion rate with the Ravens while McNair has a 56% rate.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I actually took you off the ignore list for this.:grbac:

"And Boller has a turdish 5-16 road record and McNair is 2-1."
    You do realize that the Ravens were 5-2 with Boller/Wright when the defense allowed fewer than 15 points right?

With McNair we're 4-1. Hmmm....

"Boller has had ONE game (actually just three quarters) (Yeah count how many) this season which included two of three totally lucky and fluke tipped TD passes."

Compare Bollers last 5 games to McNairs last five games. Enjoy.

"Based on that you think he's better than his lousy career record now all of the sudden? "

I think that after watching McNair suck up the field for 2/3 of his drives this year he isn't any better than Boller.

Most people who can actually WATCH the games agree with me. Now I realize that you can't watch the games so you will forgive me if I care less than nothing about your opinion.

"And you also think because Mcnair had a below par game against Denver in Denver "
    And the Raiders. And the Chargers. And Carolina. 5 games McNair has started and finished this year, 3 times he's had less than a 66 QB rating.

Tex, in all honesty you should not be posting here if you can't watch the games. You have no facts to back up your statements. You don't even have the chance to go on gut feelings by watching what is happening on the field. All of your post are pointless.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You honestly can't just assume he wouldn't either. Furthermore, many Boller supporters are projecting McNair's first quarter performance as if it would have automatically been pro-rated for the entire game.
    No, I would base that on McNair's performance for the year to date. He is averaging way less than what Boller did Sunday.

Back to first downs, 16 in 47 minutes. The truly lucky TD to Clayton, upon seeing some tape, would have been a first down to Williams. He was open and the ball was on target save the tip. That makes 17 first downs, maybe more on that drive if you want to take away that TD. That is more than McNair has done against weaker defenses.

Who's to say McNair wouldn't have gotten hot and lit up the field later on. Believe me, if Boller was having success, I guarantee you McNair would have later in the game, although I doubt if he would have been the master of the tipped ball TD pass like young (and Irish Leprechaun lucky) Kyle was.
    I'm to say it, in 5+ games he hadn't done it yet but we are supposed to believe he would all of the sudden light up Carolina?

Neuheisel said both of the tipped balls were right on target, Mason should have done a better job of shaking his man on the one and the other was tipped but if not is a 12-15 yard gain and another first down. Having seen the tape, he's right.

"Out of the 6 games the Ravens have played this season I have missed watching only one, and that was against Carolina because it was not available."

So the only game you didn't watch was the one where Boller actually played, but you still say he's playing worse than McNair.

"As a Boller hugger you chose to isolate Boller's last five games, however you seem to overlook the fact that one of those games was against Cleveland where Boller had a 32 rating and played like a scared girl."
    You mean the one where Ogden cost us a TD and the game? I remember that one.
    Do you remember the latest one where Charlie Frye flat out played McNair?

Now last season you were saying that the defense was the only reason we were winning games because Kyle had a low QB rating. This year McNair is the lowest rated QB in the league yet he's winning us games according to you.

Explain how 2/3 of his drives end after one or fewer first downs. McNair sucks and he is a waste of 33 million dollars.

Now do us all a favor. Enjoy one of those Alzheimer’s moments you're so famous for and forget how to get post here. Thanks bunches.
    ProFootballMock

"The ball to Mason was well defended and actually Boller needed to lead McNair about a foot to avoid it being tipped by the DB."

Good. That senality is happening. McNair is the QB who was hurt. Mason was the receiver that Boller should have led.
    Of course the ball hit Mason right in the chest, but since you have not watched that game you have no business telling us what Boller should have done.

"Boller does not throw accurate nor catchable balls like most of the better QBs in the league including McNair."

Good point, except McNair has a 56% completion rate to Bollers 55%. Of course you being... you... will say that two of Bollers completions were flukes, but since you didn't watch the game you wouldn't know that he threw at least four passes away when nobody was open.

"and IMO has apparently not watched enough football over the years to know any better."

That's funny. You can't watch the games yet it doesn't stop you from posted your unwanted opinion.
    ProFootballMock

"I will bet you 100 dollars that by the time McNair and Boller end their Raven careers McNair's winning percentage will be better than Bollers. If you don't want to bet money, we will make it that if I am wrong I owe you an apology on this board and vice versa. Now put up or shut up!"

Nope, because to much depends on other players for a team to win. Watch the Texans... oh sorry about that.

Now if you want to go McNairs rating this year vs. Bollers rating this year I'll be more than happy to play.

I would normally feel real bad about taking 100 bucks from an old man, but honestly I find the thought of you eating dog food just to survive really freaking funny.
    ProFootballMock

"As far as my comments, just because I did not watch the game in real time doesn't mean I missed the highlights."

Oh, you got to see the highlights. Tell me, did you actually see the highlight that showed the first TD hitting Mason in the chest? Or the fairly long drive that actually led to that TD?

Now how about McNairs and Boller completion perecentages? You claimed that Boller throws an uncatchable ball, yet McNair has only a one percent higher completion rate.
    ProFootballMock

"So ratings are more important to you than wins? I will bet you a $1,000 that by the time Boller ends his NFL career his ratings will be worse than McNairs."

Nope. We're going in this system. If McNair is better than Boller, then he should put up better numbers this year with the same players.
    ProFootballMock

"Todd Heap has commented how much easier it is to catch balls thrown by McNair."

Really? Heap actually said McNair throws a much more catchable ball than Boller.

Prove it.

"The first TD didn't hit McNair in the chest it was tipped by the defender and went up in the air. "

Good point Al. I don't remember a ball hitting McNair in the chest all game long.
    ProFootballMock

McNair had two lucky breaks against the Browns, so those seem about even.

McNair has to put up a QB rating of 97 by the end of the season or you have to apologize to me?

That sounds like a fun bet, but when I actually win please make a new thread about it since I never really bother reading what you post. It's this whole I don't respect your opinion thing.
    ProFootballMock

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The ball to Mason was well defended and actually Boller needed to lead McNair about a foot to avoid it being tipped by the DB. So the ball was not well thrown considering the DB had Mason blanketed and a QB with better vision would have see that. The second one was pure luck. Boller does not throw accurate nor catchable balls ...
    Thanks for your insight, I'll go with what Neuheisel said and what I saw.

Anyone who believes that somehow Boller has miraculously ended his blundering play and turned a corner ...
    I am going by his last 5-6 games in which his play was obviously getting better. Comparing that to McNair's last 5 games and pre-season, Boller has played better. You can not like it, you can say it doesn't mean anything, etc. BUT, with this team over the last 5 regular season games in which both played Boller has played WAY better.

You can deny that all you want but the statistics and the LOOK of both say otherwise.

Wow, which sportscast is showing more than 15-20 seconds of an entire game now as highlights? Last I checked sportscenter and the night games only show a couple of plays for each team. Amazing how one could derive how a QB did in 30 seconds. I guess when you don't actually watch the games for real its easy to form an opinion from the rear end.

As much as I am enjoying watching darb slap old-Tex around, I vote to finally out this thread out of its misery. The folks who were enjoyable to debate with are replaced with what we have now. Its shades of YBR all over again, and I know this is a better forum than that. I say its time to lock this one up.