View Poll Results: Would we have won the gam with McNair playing the whole time?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 31.43%
  • NO

32 45.71%
  • 9 12.86%
  • 7 10.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And there you have it. All you need to know about this entire discussion.

Yeah, that sucks. :grbac:

Yeah, that sucks.
    And that's the difference with how you and I debate here. You and I seem to disagree on things, but I respect your opinion, and because I know you're at least watching the games too. I don't mind debating with you because I can take your points seriously.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

McNair only played a quarter and it sounded like he was under tremendous pressure.
    He was under a lot of pressure when he got the sack that knocked him out, before that he had adequate time to throw and just missed.

Apparently the OL blocked somewhat better for Boller as they were afraid what might happen if he got carted off.
    No, they didn't, Boller was having to move around A LOT to buy time. The miss to Heap that would have probably been a long TD barely went over his hands was thrown on the run after escaping a lot of pressure.

Frankly, the next time you are discussing these things tell us up front if you didn't even see it. I saw it live and said so in at least one of these discussions, noting I have not seen replays, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He was under a lot of pressure when he got the sack that knocked him out, before that he had adequate time to throw and just missed.

No, they didn't, Boller was having to move around A LOT to buy time. The miss to Heap that would have probably been a long TD barely went over his hands was thrown on the run after escaping a lot of pressure.

Frankly, the next time you are discussing these things tell us up front if you didn't even see it. I saw it live and said so in at least one of these discussions, noting I have not seen replays, etc.
    Thank You!! I saw it live also and yes....under pressure and scrambling. The other "overthrow" went through 2 hands and in stride.

Honestly, The way you guys are talking you'd think that boller had some kind of monster game. I saw the game and on NFL Replay, and contrary to popular belief boller looked like his old stumbling bumbling self with a brush stroke of leprecon luck. Regardless with or with out seeing the game the results are the same. You can gather the information from highlights, interviews and articles and still make an educated opinion on his play. Boller is just not equiped to win games when the Defense is not playing at super human mode.

You can gather the information from highlights, interviews and articles and still make an educated opinion on his play.
    Funny, most of the highlights were good.

Most of what's written was fairly positive, saying Boller had a solid game.

Everyone interviewed was more than positive about Boller, from Todd Heap to Derrick Mason. EVEN from the Carolina players like Julius Peppers.

Hell, other teams fans seem to see highlights and stats and interviews and articles and want Boller to play on their team.

I realize it has to be killing some people that Boller in one game has moved the offense and looked better than the guy they so wanted to come in and save the day. But come on. We all know if this was McNair with the same game some people here would be praising him and blaming the defense for this loss. It would be all about how Mark Clayton really loves McNair's leadership and went after those balls for him. I swear it's amazing to read sometimes.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-21-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Funny, most of the highlights were good
    They Were? Maybe if you like keystone cops footage it looked good but in the long run we aint getting plays like that unless we are touched by some sort of "angel in the outfield" syndrome.

Everyone interviewed was more than positive about Boller, from Todd Heap to Derrick Mason. EVEN from the Carolina players like Julius Peppers.
    I saw delhomme scratching his head saying he's never been part of a game where the ball bounce the way it did for one team. That was on replay.
    Also after the game i heard the guys on Sirius (mcgovern and zig) saying that if it wasnt for a the some lucky throws and a questionable catch by heap that this game should have been a blow out. In fact the same guys also said that the team didnt play the same with Boller in as they do when Mcnair was in. they said something along the lines that Mcnair had a better command of the offense and the overall team.

I realize it has to be killing some people that Boller in one game has moved the offense and looked better than the guy they so wanted to come in and save the day.
    BS, if boller moves the team and looks good I'm happy. I'm even happier if he pulls out a win. the fact is boller look like ass out there except for a few lucky plays.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

In fact the same guys also said that the team didnt play the same with Boller in as they do when Mcnair was in. they said something along the lines that Mcnair had a better command of the offense and the overall team.
    Then that is a problem for the players, not Boller.

You can claim what you want, and if Boller looked bad in your eyes, fine. BUT...he played with NO time with the first team offense. And the thing is, his 3 quarters LOOKED as good as any continuous 3 quarters of McNair. Statistically he blows any 3 consecutive McNair quarters away, but even in the looks department he was better.

The lucky bounces don't account for this because not one of them created a first down. Boller, 16 in 47 minutes of game action, which is about 20 per game. McNair is averaging 15.5 and THAT includes some pretty shitty defenses while Carolina is as good as we have seen. THIS CAN NOT BE SPUN.

Then that is a problem for the players, not Boller.
    But if Boller isnt aware of the problem and cant fix it, then its everybodys problem--including the fans. If the team cant rally around him we lose. In my mind it is his problem and the only way he can fix is by winning games when they are close like this one. Mcnair has already done this.

You can claim what you want, and if Boller looked bad in your eyes, fine. BUT...he played with NO time with the first team offense.
    Some people have said that Boller was a top 5 backup before the year even started and that we would benifit from his experience. BUT Did we? I dont think so. You can claim he looked good in your eyes, and that fine but wouldnt you agree that a backup, especially one who was supposely tauted as a top 5 backup, pull out a win when the score was 3-0 when he walked on to the field? There were two oppurtunies that were missed by Boller that had Mcnair been in he would have captilized on.

They Were? Maybe if you like keystone cops footage it looked good but in the long run we aint getting plays like that unless we are touched by some sort of "angel in the outfield" syndrome.
    It's kinf of funny, because I watched Sportscenter, and the Sunday night and Monday night game. Crazy, you're just giving this your patented "I hate Boller" spin.

I saw delhomme scratching his head saying he's never been part of a game where the ball bounce the way it did for one team. That was on replay.
    Also after the game i heard the guys on Sirius (mcgovern and zig) saying that if it wasnt for a the some lucky throws and a questionable catch by heap that this game should have been a blow out. In fact the same guys also said that the team didnt play the same with Boller in as they do when Mcnair was in. they said something along the lines that Mcnair had a better command of the offense and the overall team.
    You've got to be kidding me. Have they WATCHED McNair and his command of this offense? I know you have this fantasy that McNair is lightning it up on the field.

And you now make the single person who is calling the TD to Heap "questionable", which of course plays once again to the "I hate Boller" spin that you put on everything. I'm betting if McNair threw that ball we'd hear how McNair made a great throw and put it where only Heap could get it. I have known you long enough to know that's fact.

-------------------------------------
    "I was hoping that we would get one more opportunity to get the ball in our hands," Heap said. "And it was frustrating that we didn't get that one more opportunity because I had a good feeling that if we got the ball, we'd go down and score. It just didn't work out for us."
    --------------------------------------
    Oh yeah, Heap plays differently with Boller on the field.

Look, by now we know that everything with a few people is an anti-Boller spin. Doesn't matter if the entire world sees that Boller came off the bench cold and moved the ball in a way McNair simply hasn't. The entire country could write that, and three people in this state that will see it differently and somehow throw spin on it. It's what we've come to expect, so this is hardly suprising.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    But if Boller isnt aware of the problem and cant fix it, then its everybodys problem--including the fans. If the team cant rally around him we lose. In my mind it is his problem and the only way he can fix is by winning games when they are close like this one. Mcnair has already done this.

Some people have said that Boller was a top 5 backup before the year even started and that we would benifit from his experience. BUT Did we? I dont think so. You can claim he looked good in your eyes, and that fine but wouldnt you agree that a backup, especially one who was supposely tauted as a top 5 backup, pull out a win when the score was 3-0 when he walked on to the field? There were two oppurtunies that were missed by Boller that had Mcnair been in he would have captilized on.
    I am fairly certain that Boller lead this team to a TD that put them in the lead..but then again you seem to be watching a different game...

your observations about what took place Sunday are clouded by your total dislike for Boller and inability to give credit where it was due. I'm sure that in your eyes the defense didn't play well because Boller was behind center. I don't know what stumbling you saw, from my seat in the stadium he looked much better than he has in the past...and when the fact that he had no reps with the first team offense is taken into account, he did what he was supposed to do-- keep the team in the game. Bounces are part of the game and for once the bounces went the Ravens way. 2 passes that Boller didn't connect on would have been TD's if he had the benefit of taking reps in practice...not that this small nuance would be recognized by those who are convinced that Boller can't walk and chew gum at the same time....

The only two mistakes that Boller made Sunday were fumbling one snap (which McNair never does) and throwing a pick when he could have run for 20 yard...oh wait, he would have fumbled right? ........I guess Musa's fumble was somehow Boller's fault as well...that fumble had no bearing on the game, right?

McNair's performance has been for the most part, average at best and given his pedigree as an MVP and pro bowler, below expectations. The two comebacks could have been avoided had the offense been more efficient over the other 57 minutes of those games....

pull out a win when the score was 3-0 when he walked on to the field?
    Not to inject any more fact into the arguement, but just in case the arguement is that we were up before Boller came in, we we not winning 3-0. That would be a little impossible since we had 0 passing yards nor even a first down until Boller came in. We did have a completion, but it was to a Panther. We were down 3-0.

Of course the defense won't get blamed for this loss by the usual suspects. This time they got the 21 points Ray Lewis said was all they needed to win, and well.............

Show of hands, how many people in this thread actually WATCHED this game? We already know one person who didn't even see it, and I'm starting to believe there are more.