View Poll Results: Would we have won the gam with McNair playing the whole time?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 31.43%
  • NO

32 45.71%
  • 9 12.86%
  • 7 10.00%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

Tell me the differences between this offense and the Titans. What plays do we run that they don't? What routes do our receivers run that theirs don't? What blocking schemes, formations, running plays, what EXACTLY is this big difference he needs to learn?

There is none, other than terminology and a repore with his receivers. He has worked with Mason a lot more and Boller has worked with Heap a lot more. Boller has a slight advantage with Clayton. McNair with Williams.

Wink Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

Comparing is Brunell/Ramsey situation aganst Mcnair/Boller is apples and oranges. Brunell is 3 or 4 years older than McNair, but looks 5 years younger. Brunell has a decent arm, while McNair's arm is shot. And Brunell just set a new NFL record for consecutive completions, while McNair tosses short passes to wide open receivers into the dirt.

I think a better comparison would be McNair to Scott Mitchell.

:T2:
    Last edited by Mista T; 10-17-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    No he hasn't. He has had 4 and 1/4 games as the Ravens starting QB. Boller has over thirty. It took Boller three years to learn this offense and he still screws up, but you expect Mcnair to know it in four games?
    ENOUGH with this idea that the Ravens playbook is so complicated that it takes an experienced QB like McNair a year to figure it out. It can't be that complex -- face facts, he can't throw a deep pass, and he hasn't even been that accurate on his short and medium range passes. He hasn't played well on a consistent basis, so just get over it.

I think this thread has run it's course by now. Does the term "brick wall" mean anything? I think it's time to talk about something else.

McNair is the savior of the Baltimore Ravens. I think he is the best QB we've had since Cunningham....and for the record, I still the BR would have beaten PITT in the playoff game if BB would have inserted him into the lineup.

McNair is the savior of the Baltimore Ravens.
    Any fan who thinks that is delusional. Steve Mcnair is far from the savior of the Baltimore Ravens. If anything he'll be a main contributer to the downfall of the 2006 Baltimore Ravens if he continues to play the way he has. If you're looking for the savior of the Ravens, you should look in the direction of Matt Stover. If it wasn't for him this team would be 2-4 instead of 4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Two of those were complete and total flukes. Boller should absolutely NOT get credit for those passes.
    How many times did Boller get charged with INT's last year that bounced off of our receivers? They all show in the STAT column in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    How many times did Boller get charged with INT's last year that bounced off of our receivers? They all show in the STAT column in the end.
    You forgot the first rule of being a Boller hater. Only negative stats are attributed to him, anything positive is the result of everyone else.

When discussing any other QB then do the opposite.

Remember, the Boller haters are the same people who said we were just Anthony Wright away from being a Super Bowl team. I think we all saw how well that prediction turned out.

FHRaven

Wrong. I thought both of them equally bad its just Wright didn't look so clutzy doing it.
    Wow, still in self-denial? Not surprising. Only after AW destroyed last season did the Boller haters change their opinion from "he's the missing piece to the SB" to "he's as bad as Boller". Being completely wrong is assessing AW hasn'tmade them reconsider their preconcieved notions about QB play.

Now McNair looks terrible as well. See a trend???

FHRaven

McNair has never looked even remotely as bad as Boller, not now, not ever.
    I guess you didn't see the game this past Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I guess he didn't see the Denver game either.

Way to ignore the rest of my post by the way.

FHRaven

Originally Posted by highwater
    Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    No, I did not.
    And there you have it. All you need to know about this entire discussion.