View Poll Results: Would we have won the gam with McNair playing the whole time?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 31.43%
  • NO

32 45.71%
  • 9 12.86%
  • 7 10.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

If McNair played the whole game today...

Would we have won the game? Discuss.

Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

who knows?

but Boller opened it up

for all the Boller bashers people should look over to Chicago at Grossman.
    Same position in the draft , lots of bashers and hand wringing (though not as many games played) ; now lighting it up

still think that McNair should start but I have faith in Kyle -- if we let him go predict that he will start and do well for another team -- one that doesn't try to manage the game but rather let him rip . . .

No way. The D cost us the game today, not the O.

We had three TDs from the passing game regardless of how they came about. I don't think McNair could do any better because quite honestly, he hasn't yet.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

We had three TDs from the passing game regardless of how they came about. I don't think McNair could do any better because quite honestly, he hasn't yet.
    Two of those were complete and total flukes. Boller should absolutely NOT get credit for those passes.

Smile Re: If McNair played the whole game today...

I chose no, based on how he was playing beforehand, and the fact that Samari Rolle sucked today

Our defense cost us this game. That last pass to Smith was horrendous!! He was so open I could have thrown him the ball.

And Mob, you can say what you want about the fluke TD's. They were. But I don't want to hear anyone ever again say the offense won't play for Boller, because other than the OL who can't play for anyone, Clayton went balls out today. And at least Boller was moving the chains. We haven't seen that in a couple of weeks from our offense.

Another reason we won't win games like this:

J. Lewis 9 carries 41 yards. On one drive when we could have been in FG range, Jamal runs for a NEGATIVE 6 YARDS!!! Any chance we can finally put Jamal on the bench?

And Mob, you can say what you want about the fluke TD's. They were. But I don't want to hear anyone ever again say the offense won't play for Boller, because other than the OL who can't play for anyone, Clayton went balls out today. And at least Boller was moving the chains. We haven't seen that in a couple of weeks from our offense.
    Yes, Boller moved the chains and it is obvious that the O play didn't drop off when he came in. I will give him and them tons of credit for that...

But this team still cannot finish drives, and this team still sucks on 3rd down.

J. Lewis 9 carries 41 yards. On one drive when we could have been in FG range, Jamal runs for a NEGATIVE 6 YARDS!!! Any chance we can finally put Jamal on the bench?
    I thought he was having a decent game. Why we pulled him in the second half makes no sense to me. 4.6 ypc is a nice game...

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

No way,Steve McNair is sleep walking compared how the offense opened up when Kyle came in.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

\But this team still cannot finish drives, and this team still sucks on 3rd down.
    Absolutely. I'm not going to even begin to pretend Boller was perfect. And I'm not going to jump on the "Start Boller" bandwagon, because that doesn't solve the problem with McNair. We need to see if McNair can get himself into gear, and then I'll move that way. But I will say Boller was better than I expected him to be coming off the bench cold. Got his usual fumble out of the way, and then went to work (during the defensive series I watched him. He actually grabbed Flynn and made him snap the ball to him on the sidelines until he got the ball back). But he got no help from the running game either, which is par for the course on this team.

My point was merely that for the first time in a couple of weeks, I saw the offense actually play with some energy. I think we can agree minus the INT he was making some pretty good decisions, something he's usually blasted for. And there were some dynamite throws he made. There was one well-defended bomb to the endzone that was dead on perfectly thrown, but the Panthers made a good play. And for the fans part, the people on our side of the field were actually chanting Boller's name to try and get him some confidence. They actually cheered for him.

Two other things blaringly obvious sitting up in 515 today:

1) Receivers were NOT getting open today. Mason can bitch all he wants, but he was blanketed today. Boller made some great throws to open receivers today, but it was few and far between. He overthrew Heap on a corner route that at first looked simply overthrown, but looking down at Heap he had a defender right on his back looking for the ball. And that leads me to:

2) The f'ing offensive f'ing line. Add Steve McNair to the OL casualty list. And judging by the first series where on a Boller run he had to first DUCK an oncoming linemen, that was business as usual for our OL. Something has to change there, or McNair will be coming back to get knocked right back out again.

I like seeing balls passed with zip and points scored. It was obvious how much younger and spry Boller is than Mcnair. Too bad the pass defense blew it.

New Orleans is likely to be a shootout. The only chance I see for us is if McNair stays on the bench.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The only good TD pass he had was to Heap.
    Oh bullcrap. The second tip in the middle of the field was blind luck, but the first one was a very well thrown ball the defender made an excellent play on. We got lucky as a team, but Boller threw a good ball.

He made some very good throws today and if he didn't have the rust and limited snaps during the week I wonder...

There is no question Boller has a shit-load more arm than McNair, and that counts for something. Boller can force the defense back, McNair can't.