Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Chuck Pagano out?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Got screwed by refs in that game against the boys.
    another sign of being cursed, no Superbowl titles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    The lion curse continues, Millen and now Mayhew. Seems there isn't any parity when it comes to the FO's. Guess they are not a classy organization too. SMH
    I dunno. Maybe they just need to avoid--'scuse me, run screaming from --GMs with the initials MM (Matt Millen, Martin Mayhew). Kinda sux for Marty Mornhinweg's future FO prospects in the Motor City, but them's the brakes (so to speak) ...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    How is that possible? They've sucked since forever.
    Eh, while Detroit has been shitty since Sanders left they were pretty impressive in the 50s with Mr Layne.

The main reason is probably the fact that from the mid 30s through 1960 there were only 11 to 12 games a season. So you could easily kick ass and still be 9-3.

In fact, from 1952-1954 they were in 3 consecutive championship games (winning 2) and had records of 9-3; 10-2; and 9-2-1. Also when they won in 1957, they were 8-4.

Much harder to win double digits consecutively back then. Though, that certainly doesn't excuse the nearly 60 years of ineptitude.

***holy crap edit*** I did not realize that Detroit's last playoff win was the 1957 championship game. Wow, and some of us were pissed when we broke our string of consecutive playoff appearances in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Eh, while Detroit has been shitty since Sanders left they were pretty impressive in the 50s with Mr Layne.

The main reason is probably the fact that from the mid 30s through 1960 there were only 11 to 12 games a season. So you could easily kick ass and still be 9-3.

In fact, from 1952-1954 they were in 3 consecutive championship games (winning 2) and had records of 9-3; 10-2; and 9-2-1. Also when they won in 1957, they were 8-4.

Much harder to win double digits consecutively back then. Though, that certainly doesn't excuse the nearly 60 years of ineptitude.

***holy crap edit*** I did not realize that Detroit's last playoff win was the 1957 championship game. Wow, and some of us were pissed when we broke our string of consecutive playoff appearances in 2013.
    Good points. But as you said their last playoff win was in 1957!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    BTW, in case no one else has noticed: There are 4 undefeated teams in the NFL. 3 are in the AFC--which has only 5 teams over .500 at the moment (NYJ and OAK at 4-3) and one at .500 (PIT).

IOW the Ravens are only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot, with 8 to play.

Stranger things have happened. Not many, & not often, but...
    Just to update: With only one mildly-pertinent game remaining in Week 9 (CHI@SD), the situation is only minimally changed, though some places have been swapped: While the Nags have fallen to 7-1, there are still only 5 teams in the AFC over .500 (NE, CIN, DEN, NYJ, [5-3], PGH [5-4]) but now two teams at .500 (OAK, BUF). We knew going in that either the Rexes or the Flippers would end up at .500 after this week, so not a biggie. Only really unfortunate result is Gang Green over Jags--& it took a late muffed punt & INT to do it. Dang. And Bortles threw for 381.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Good points. But as you said their last playoff win was in 1957!
    Browns fans everywhere would feel pretty good about their team if they were ever to research stuff like this.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Have to correct this...the Lions' last playoff win was in 1991 against Dallas.

I think either the Bengals or the Chiefs have the longest playoff-win drought. Leaning Chiefs.

EDIT: It's Cincy, they haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Chiefs won one in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    Have to correct this...the Lions' last playoff win was in 1991 against Dallas.

I think either the Bengals or the Chiefs have the longest playoff-win drought. Leaning Chiefs.

EDIT: It's Cincy, they haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Chiefs won one in 1993.
    Thanks. My bad. Looked to quickly at all the losses. Still one PO win between the 57 champ and present day? Whew. Even the Browns have had better success in the past 50 years.

Blog Entries

Big big win for the colts yesterday, a half dead manning is still dangerous, Ware leaving the game was big too, but their pass rush is so deep. Broncos are getting bit by the injury bug at the wrong time, now is the stretch where you want guys to be healthy in November, December. This win saved Chuck P for the season because as bad as the colts are they can be 8-8 or even 7-9 and still win that division.