Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Morgan

Re: Joe Morgan

Joe Morgan has been a big play guy for the Saints. ok size at 6'1. He has been on their roster bubble for the past 3-4 years and unable to break through, despite ok showings in preseason.

The negattives is that the guy had a DUI, and there were reports of "lockeroom issues." In fairness though, I cant find anyhting to substantiate that, aside from one tweet from a NOLA reporter...whatever.

The positive is that NO is deep at WR and Sean Payton usually does well at identifying WR talent. And they have liked him enough to keep bringing him back, the most recent time when Colston went down.

Helluva average too:

Games: 21
    Targets: 31
    Catches: 14
    Yards: 471
    Avg per catch: 33.6
    TDS 3

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    5/6 of our WRs were undrafted.

Amazing.
    I realize we've had injuries, but Ozzie should be called on the carpet for giving Joe a pile of shit to throw the ball to. If I were Joe when I go to renegotiate my contract I'd insist that ALL of my contract be GUARANTEED - because throwing to these guys isn't going to get him anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    5/6 of our WRs were undrafted.

Amazing.

I am so disgusted by how this team has been put together. I mean for the first couple years with Flacco, you could argue the Ravens weren't sold on him.....fast forward to now, and what we have surrounded him with is by far the least amount of talent in the league... perhaps in NFL history....

excuse my language but it makes me F*#!ing sick

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I realize we've had injuries, but Ozzie should be called on the carpet for giving Joe a pile of shit to throw the ball to. If I were Joe when I go to renegotiate my contract I'd insist that ALL of my contract be GUARANTEED - because throwing to these guys isn't going to get him anywhere.
    Im a bitter person, who holds grudges.... I wouldnt negotiate at all with this team if I was flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The Red's Joe Morgan was almost exclusively a second baseman.
    Thank you. Memory fail. Been a long time since I watched that World Series against the Red Sox, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose Vs Yastremski and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    So Ozzie needs to take the blame for Perriman, Steve Smith and Campanaro getting hurt? Not to mention Waller and Pitta.

Sometimes, shit just happens and it might be nobody's fault....(not a popular opinion in these parts, I know...)

And so far it's gotten them to the 7th highest passing offense in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Joe Morgan has been a big play guy for the Saints. ok size at 6'1. He has been on their roster bubble for the past 3-4 years and unable to break through, despite ok showings in preseason.

The negattives is that the guy had a DUI, and there were reports of "lockeroom issues." In fairness though, I cant find anyhting to substantiate that, aside from one tweet from a NOLA reporter...whatever.

The positive is that NO is deep at WR and Sean Payton usually does well at identifying WR talent. And they have liked him enough to keep bringing him back, the most recent time when Colston went down.

Helluva average too:

Games: 21
    Targets: 31
    Catches: 14
    Yards: 471
    Avg per catch: 33.6
    TDS 3
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't his yards per target (471/31) also really good? Put it another way: nearly half the time you throw him the ball, you get a 30 yard gain. Worth putting in the mix.

Blog Entries

So Ozzie needs to take the blame for Perriman, Steve Smith and Campanaro getting hurt? Not to mention Waller and Pitta.

Sometimes, shit just happens and it might be nobody's fault....(not a popular opinion in these parts, I know...)

can't blame him for injuries of course, but Ozzie knew we had a bunch of unprovens behind steve smith and did nothing , Perriman was hurt early enough in the camp to find some help, Pitta was a non-factor as he was hurt from last year, so basically he was relying on Campy (who would be the shit if he wasn't hurt and has been injury prone), a 6th round pick and 2 undrafted players. There were guys out there who could have been had for the cheap or reasonable price and Ozzie passed, just like he passed on Diggs for Tray Walker.. Can't blame injuries on no one we are having a shit season because of it as well but there could have been some steps made to ease the blow of this prior to those injuries.

Aiken
    Givens
    Ross
    Brown

Joe Morgan!

Championship!

Let Givens and Morgan run fast, let Aiken, Gilmore, Boyle and Williams eat up the middle of the field. Hopefully Allen continues to get more involved in the pass game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

11. Joe Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't his yards per target (471/31) also really good? Put it another way: nearly half the time you throw him the ball, you get a 30 yard gain. Worth putting in the mix.
    Sounds like he could be a poor man's Jacoby Jones.

A question for those who are more knowledgeable about practice squad eligibility and active roster management:

If Daniel Brown is on our practice squad, but we're signing a street free agent to our active roster, why wasn't said free agent on our practice squad - instead of or in addition to Brown - prior to the most recent rash of injuries?

And please, I'm not asking this to disparage Brown but rather, just want to understand how it would appear that he is being leapfrogged by someone off of the street. Has Morgan played in too many games, and therefore he's no longer PS eligible? Thanks.

Ozzie needs to take the blame for Aiken, Brown, Givens, Morgan , et al - for letting Boldin, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones go - without replacing them with better more capable receivers.

There's a lot Ozzie (the non-genius General Manager) needs to take the blame for on this team but this will do for a start.