Blog Entries

Juicing/Ninja Juicing

Just got one. I'm pretty excited about it.

The past 6 months have been super hectic and I've not been able to get to the gym nearly enough. I'm definitely feeling it.

I don't really do "diets" because I don't think they're practical. I eat pretty well as it is (I do splurge every now and then and get a burger, pizza, or something like that) and being Sicilian...it's hard to not eat pasta every now and then. But, for the most part, I don't really eat a lot of really bad food.

I'm hoping that the Ninja will help me get more protein intake in the morning with a fruit/Greek yogurt shake. Then again in the afternoon between work and the gym with something more savory...kale...spinach...apples...protein powder...almond milk...apple cider vinegar...etc.

Does anyone else here use something like this? Have any good recipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Juicing/Ninja Juicing

I bought a Nutri Bullet about two years ago. Love it. It came with a recipe book, which made getting started really easy. I have a favorite recipe that is for reducing post workout inflammation. It's kale and/or spinach, pineapple, wheatgrass and spirulina. Fresh pineapple over powers the raw spinach and kale. Blend with spring water and enjoy. This recipe is also a great way to start the day as well. Let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I bought a Nutri Bullet about two years ago. Love it. It came with a recipe book, which made getting started really easy. I have a favorite recipe that is for reducing post workout inflammation. It's kale and/or spinach, pineapple, wheatgrass and spirulina. Fresh pineapple over powers the raw spinach and kale. Blend with spring water and enjoy. This recipe is also a great way to start the day as well. Let me know what you think.
    That sounds good. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just got one. I'm pretty excited about it.

The past 6 months have been super hectic and I've not been able to get to the gym nearly enough. I'm definitely feeling it.

I don't really do "diets" because I don't think they're practical. I eat pretty well as it is (I do splurge every now and then and get a burger, pizza, or something like that) and being Sicilian...it's hard to not eat pasta every now and then. But, for the most part, I don't really eat a lot of really bad food.

I'm hoping that the Ninja will help me get more protein intake in the morning with a fruit/Greek yogurt shake. Then again in the afternoon between work and the gym with something more savory...kale...spinach...apples...protein powder...almond milk...apple cider vinegar...etc.

Does anyone else here use something like this? Have any good recipes?

nice, I'm part sicilian! we sound similar...I'm a health nut most of the time...try to eat clean as often as possible but do love pizza, wine, pasta, etc. I have a magic bullet and use it daily in the AM for a smoothie to go along with whole wheat toast with almond butter (coffee too of course...black). i usually do berries of some sort, spinach (not a HUGE kale fan but ill do it once in a while), banana, chia seeds, and greek yogurt. sometimes ill add cinnamon or a nut butter. delish!

Blog Entries

No one.........eats cleaner.............than the Excellector.......
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Good stuff.

Silician roots here too. As late as mid-late 19th century on my Mom's side.

I got a Blend-tec in July 2012 and use it 2-3 times a week...sometimes fruit smoothies, mostly veggie smoothies. Just the basic ingredients though: coconut water or vitamin water (orange) base, kale, spinach, mango, banana, and vanilla protein powder.

We make enough at dinner or breakfast so that we have 12-16 ounces left over from the next "meal".
    When we eat-in (which is the norm), it's how I get 80% of my veggies servings.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Good stuff.

Silician roots here too. As late as mid-late 19th century on my Mom's side.

I got a Blend-tec in July 2012 and use it 2-3 times a week...sometimes fruit smoothies, mostly veggie smoothies. Just the basic ingredients though: coconut water or vitamin water (orange) base, kale, spinach, mango, banana, and vanilla protein powder.

We make enough at dinner or breakfast so that we have 12-16 ounces left over from the next "meal".
    When we eat-in (which is the norm), it's how I get 80% of my veggies servings.
    :word

I've been trying to do an apple and kale smoothie in the afternoon. I've been pretty good about M-F doing a shake first thing in the morning though. Protein, Greek Yogurt, Apple Cider Vinegar, a banana, a tblespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a cup of frozen mixed berries.