Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolle

Re: Rolle

To be fair, Rolle DID outplay CMac last year.
    Agreed, but to be double fair C-Mac on his good day is superior to Rolle on his good day.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Agreed, but to be double fair C-Mac on his good day is superior to Rolle on his good day.
    Cmac on a good day is better than any cornerback in the NFL. It's been nice seeing some of those good days again.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Let's not put any blame on the front seven who did absolutely NOTHING to put pressure on Delhomme. You can't allow an NFL QB - especially one with Steve Smith - to have 5-6 seconds to "eenie meenie minee mo" in the pocket!

Yes, Rolle played badly - but this was a TEAM effort.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

CamdenYard, I said that at halftime - that I thought we needed to put much more pressure on Delhomme. We didn't do it, and today's final is the result.

Lets all not forget that Rolle had that foot injury and if you think back to last year with CMac,we later found out that he was playing hurt the whole year.

Not trying to make excuses for the guy but having a nagging foot injury doesnt help if you are playing CB,and on the one sideline TD it looked like he had decent coverage but the ball was thrown perfectly.The other one he obviously was supposed to have help from Reed and didnt,so I definitely wouldnt put that on him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Rolle is still a good corner who had an awful day today. That was obvious at halftime. Rex got outcoached and left an overmatched player on an island.
    No, Rolle is not a good corner anymore based on how he's played this year. He has been a MAJOR liability all year. Carolina went after both CMac and Rolle, and CMac wasn't giving much up. Soon as they saw Rolle couldn't cover (he couldn't stick man-to-man with their THIRD receiver on an obvious deep sideline route???), they went after him all day. Clearly we made a horrible mistake leaving Smith one on one with him on that final drive. But Rolle has been awful all year.

Problem is, we don't have the CB depth to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Let's not put any blame on the front seven who did absolutely NOTHING to put pressure on Delhomme.
    We were blitzing him all day. Carolina's OL is just really good and bottled our rushers up most of the day. It happens sometimes. I mean, it sucked that it happened. But it's not like we weren't trying to put pressure on him.

- C -

Lets all not forget that Rolle had that foot injury and if you think back to last year with CMac,we later found out that he was playing hurt the whole year.
    I was thinking the same thing.

He looked really slow out there today.

Rolle has not been right all year & today was another example of how he is the weakest link & teams will continue to throw at him because of his play this year. Unless he gets help or we find a better option, the view of today will continue the rest of the season.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

We were blitzing him all day. Carolina's OL is just really good and bottled our rushers up most of the day. It happens sometimes. I mean, it sucked that it happened. But it's not like we weren't trying to put pressure on him.
    Effort and achievement are two different things. Fact is we have done very little up front to help our secondary for three straight games. It's starting to hurt us.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Rolle has been getting burned all year, not just today. Bottom line is that he can't keep up with fast WRs anymore.
    Rolle is to the defense what the offense is to the Ravens.....WEAK!! Week after week, we are seeing the same touchdowns going against Rolle! Unacceptable.....

I have a feeling that Rolle's foot is really slowing him down. Whenever Rolle gets beat it isn't usually because he is totally out of position but that he seems to have one less gear than the WRs he is covering.