Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch



    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    All that said, Pittsburgh is *not* a team that throws a lot normally, and tends not to do well when they *are*. So the game is not actually over, yet.
    While they are a run first team, Pitt will take a few shots downfield, especially to Holmes. If we are not getting pressure on Ben, I do expect them to try a bomb or two.




  2. Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The problem will flow to the pass rush, too. The blitzing packages will be severely limited by the fact that the backup cornerback(s) can't be left alone on an island, so safeties who might have been used to rush the passer or cover for LB's who are rushing, now must stay back in coverage.

    All that said, Pittsburgh is *not* a team that throws a lot normally, and tends not to do well when they *are*. So the game is not actually over, yet.

    Lemme tell you something.

    I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.

    It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our strength is stopping the run, and weakness is pass coverage.
    Now that our pass defense is even more hampered, I'd consider their coaches bigger idiots then some of ours come off as if they aren't throwing first trying to set up some running abilitys for themselves.

    You attack the oppositions weaknesses regardless of what your normal way of doing things are.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    My prayers are with Rolle. Obviously this illness is quite serious. As for Monday's game, I will root for my guys, but without CMAC and Rolle at CB positions, this is going to be a tough stretch.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carney
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

    I'm not even going to get into the Heap thing.

    Dude seems to get hurt every year, and then can't seem to get on the field until he's 100% healthy (or damn close) which nobody ever is by this time in the season.

    Fanatic...I would have never expected this from you. Here are his stats:

    Year Games Games Started
    2006 16 16
    2005 16 16
    2004 6 5
    2003 16 16
    2002 16 16
    2001 12 6

    Every year? He had the one bad year in 2004 with the high ankle sprain.




  5. #20

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.
    I agree. I'm not saying they wouldn't have success in the passing game. They probably would. I'm just saying, that's not their strength. I would be much more nervous going up against a team that is already built to shred you through the air - say, Cincinnati - because then it would be their strength against our weakness.

    I'm not saying they won't hurt us with the deep ball, I'm just saying, that's not their strength, so there is reason to think there will still be a game to play.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  6. #21

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Guess we'll just have to win a shoot-out.

    The Ravens offense is good for 45 points two games a year, so maybe this is one of them.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  7. Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    I stand corrected.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime you turn around, the dude is hurt, or has some type of injury that makes him questionable on the injury report almost every season.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  8. #23

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    According to Aaron Wilson, Blillick is saying that BOTH Rolle and McAllister are OUT for this weeks game.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime you turn around, the dude is hurt, . . .
    It's not just you. Hard to believe how much he has played.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Well, I guess we'll see what this team is made of come Monday night. Going to a Pissburgh homecoming without their two starting CBs is going to be tough. But, hell, this team put themselves in this position, so now they need to pay the piper, if they're as advertised. If not, the season is over. Monday night, homecoming or not, the Ravens have to play with a lot of heart and come out with a W.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Don't want to bring the mood down even further but if these guys injuries are longer term, this 6 week stretch is gonna get absolutely brutal:

    - Pitt - Have the tools to take advantage.
    - Cleveland - Passing game is absolutely humming.
    - Cincy - Passing game has got the better of us with CMac and Rolle healthy and at their best.
    - SD - As close to a week off as our DBs will get, LBs will have to be on form to stop Gates, but don't have a top end wideout.
    - Pats - Dear god.
    - Colts - Dear god.


    We've known from earlier this season that Rolle was going to be week to week and if McAlister's injury is as rumoured, for his long term health it may be better for him to get surgery and comeback full strength next year.

    I'm never in favour of tanking a season, but this six week stretch could do it for us if we're without Rolle and McAllister for large parts of it.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    So much for "everybody should be available except Wilcox".

    I have no doubt that we'll stop the run, but given the gaping holes in the secondary I don't think it will matter. Rex better bring an A+ pass rush or we will be screwed.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carney
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    The problem with Heap is that none of our QBs can consistently hit him in stride. I am surprised how he hasn't missed more games with all the times he has landed on his back from a jump ball.

    All we can hope for know is that we get a good pass rush on Monday. If the Ravens can get Ben out of the pocket than they can force him to make mistakes, regardless of who is playing CB. If he sits in the backfield without being touched, the Ravens will lose.

    But you know me, it is never over until the clock says 0:00 and I certainly am not going to write this game off when the game is still 30 hours away.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    The problem with Heap is that none of our QBs can consistently hit him in stride. I am surprised how he hasn't missed more games with all the times he has landed on his back from a jump ball.

    All we can hope for know is that we get a good pass rush on Monday. If the Ravens can get Ben out of the pocket than they can force him to make mistakes, regardless of who is playing CB. If he sits in the backfield without being touched, the Ravens will lose.

    But you know me, it is never over until the clock says 0:00 and I certainly am not going to write this game off when the game is still 30 hours away.
    We haven't lost anything yet! Its gonna be tough, but if we can get some pressure on Big Ben we'll do OK.....




  15. #30

    Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Lemme tell you something.

    I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.

    It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our strength is stopping the run, and weakness is pass coverage.
    Now that our pass defense is even more hampered, I'd consider their coaches bigger idiots then some of ours come off as if they aren't throwing first trying to set up some running abilitys for themselves.

    You attack the oppositions weaknesses regardless of what your normal way of doing things are.
    I keep hearing that pass coverage is our main weakness, but I don't see teams putting up 30-40 points on us, by passing... it seems to me that our pass coverage is generally a strong point.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland