Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

According to Aaron Wilson, Blillick is saying that BOTH Rolle and McAllister are OUT for this weeks game.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime you turn around, the dude is hurt, . . .
    It's not just you. Hard to believe how much he has played.

Well, I guess we'll see what this team is made of come Monday night. Going to a Pissburgh homecoming without their two starting CBs is going to be tough. But, hell, this team put themselves in this position, so now they need to pay the piper, if they're as advertised. If not, the season is over. Monday night, homecoming or not, the Ravens have to play with a lot of heart and come out with a W.

Don't want to bring the mood down even further but if these guys injuries are longer term, this 6 week stretch is gonna get absolutely brutal:

- Pitt - Have the tools to take advantage.
    - Cleveland - Passing game is absolutely humming.
    - Cincy - Passing game has got the better of us with CMac and Rolle healthy and at their best.
    - SD - As close to a week off as our DBs will get, LBs will have to be on form to stop Gates, but don't have a top end wideout.
    - Pats - Dear god.
    - Colts - Dear god.

We've known from earlier this season that Rolle was going to be week to week and if McAlister's injury is as rumoured, for his long term health it may be better for him to get surgery and comeback full strength next year.

I'm never in favour of tanking a season, but this six week stretch could do it for us if we're without Rolle and McAllister for large parts of it.

So much for "everybody should be available except Wilcox".

I have no doubt that we'll stop the run, but given the gaping holes in the secondary I don't think it will matter. Rex better bring an A+ pass rush or we will be screwed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The problem with Heap is that none of our QBs can consistently hit him in stride. I am surprised how he hasn't missed more games with all the times he has landed on his back from a jump ball.

All we can hope for know is that we get a good pass rush on Monday. If the Ravens can get Ben out of the pocket than they can force him to make mistakes, regardless of who is playing CB. If he sits in the backfield without being touched, the Ravens will lose.

But you know me, it is never over until the clock says 0:00 and I certainly am not going to write this game off when the game is still 30 hours away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    The problem with Heap is that none of our QBs can consistently hit him in stride. I am surprised how he hasn't missed more games with all the times he has landed on his back from a jump ball.

All we can hope for know is that we get a good pass rush on Monday. If the Ravens can get Ben out of the pocket than they can force him to make mistakes, regardless of who is playing CB. If he sits in the backfield without being touched, the Ravens will lose.

But you know me, it is never over until the clock says 0:00 and I certainly am not going to write this game off when the game is still 30 hours away.
    We haven't lost anything yet! Its gonna be tough, but if we can get some pressure on Big Ben we'll do OK.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Lemme tell you something.

I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.

It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our strength is stopping the run, and weakness is pass coverage.
    Now that our pass defense is even more hampered, I'd consider their coaches bigger idiots then some of ours come off as if they aren't throwing first trying to set up some running abilitys for themselves.

You attack the oppositions weaknesses regardless of what your normal way of doing things are.
    I keep hearing that pass coverage is our main weakness, but I don't see teams putting up 30-40 points on us, by passing... it seems to me that our pass coverage is generally a strong point.

No Heap, Rolle or Cmac??

Ugg.. Outlook:Not so good.

I dont see us winning this. We are probably cooked.

If we lose, I think the rebuilding needs to begin. We will not make the playoffs, and have the worst QB/WR combo in the AFCN going into next year.

:grbac:
    HottBirdz...

I'm looking for a little Monday Night Magic!

The last time we played in Pissburgh on Monday Night, we didn't have Ed Reed or Ray Lewis and Anthony Wright was the QB. We were 14 point underdogs and only lost on a last minute FG 20-19!

For some reason, I guess because it defies all logic, I expect the Ravens to give Pissburgh all they can handle tonight! We always play well against them, sometimes over our heads, and give them fits! Billick has won something like 5 in a row after the Bye, and I'm sure Rex has something dreamed up to cover our apparent lop-sided weakness at both corners!

Look for the Ravens to come out firing on all cylinders on offense and take it to them!!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

What is the deal with Pittman? Is he healthy? He did well against Santana Moss in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    I'm looking for a little Monday Night Magic!

The last time we played in Pissburgh on Monday Night, we didn't have Ed Reed or Ray Lewis and Anthony Wright was the QB. We were 14 point underdogs and only lost on a last minute FG 20-19!
    If Wright could hit the side of a barn from 5 yards we'd have won that game.

If memory serves, Chester Taylor made a couple of big plays in that one. Hopefully Willis can come up with some big plays and an all round performance to boot, we'll need it from him.