Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: *SNF* Eagles @ Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I kind of want Pagano.

But I kind of don't.

I almost guarantee he'd be a one-and-done DC for us (again) before going back to HC for some other team (like Caldwell did).
    I dont think so. hes proven to not be a very good HC. Thats a very talented team and they seem to always show up small in big spots and overall look unprepared. Hes going to have to work his way back to a HC gig, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Eagles receivers are dropping a ton of balls tonight.
    yes they really did. Some good throws for nothing and I saw it in other games yesterday too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If we sign Pagano again and he's gone after one season, that means we are back to our winning ways. I'm fine with that.

The price of success is having your coaches move on.
    That's a great point, but I just keep thinking of Caldwell. I never thought he proved much while HC of the Colts, and then after 1 full season as our OC in which we had one of the worst offenses in the league and didn't have a winning season as a team, and yet he still got poached for another HC gig. I guess in the end though I like our chances with Pagano more than anyone else right now, even if it would mean losing him after one season potentially.

That's a great point, but I just keep thinking of Caldwell. I never thought he proved much while HC of the Colts, and then after 1 full season as our OC in which we had one of the worst offenses in the league and didn't have a winning season as a team, and yet he still got poached for another HC gig. I guess in the end though I like our chances with Pagano more than anyone else right now, even if it would mean losing him after one season potentially.
    The solution to that would be a continuity plan. Let Pagano hire his possible replacement right when he walks in the door, with the understanding he's to groom the person in the event if and when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The solution to that would be a continuity plan. Let Pagano hire his possible replacement right when he walks in the door, with the understanding he's to groom the person in the event if and when he leaves.
    Such a policy could've spared us a bit of drama on the other side of the ball over the past few seasons.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Such a policy could've spared us a bit of drama on the other side of the ball over the past few seasons.

BS
    Such a plan was in place. We promoted Pees when Pagano left for Indy.