Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Terps suck, Ravens suck, Os suck, lets go CAPS!?

Ravens
    Os
    Terps

I can never see me rooting for a DC team (Caps or Wizards/Les Bullet')

Loved minor-league hockey when it was here in Baltimore.

Like UMBC basketball.

Love watching D-3 basketball - men or women (Hopkins, McDaniel, Goucher, etc.): Players are purely in it for the competition and not trying to "get to the next level"...lots of passing, teamwork and strategy....not the 5 one-on-one games that the D1 game has seemed to morph into recently.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've found myself watching Michigan a lot this year.

I'm a fan of Jim. And I really like the way they're playing football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could never root for Jim Harbaugh. He is a whiny ahole. Hated how he through his punter under the bus after the MSU game. Especially when there were a couple of coaching mistakes that put them in that situation.

He is a good coach but he is suck a jerk he wears out his welcome in about 3-4 years. He is a UM grad so maybe they tolerate him longer.

I'll be honest, of the four major professional team sports, I have a hard time following hockey. Not a lot into basketball, either. And while I grew up only an hour from DC (which was a half hour closer to me than Baltimore), I just could never get into any of their pro teams. The place could have been 1,000 miles away from me for all I knew. I never identified with DC. It was a place we'd go every 2-3 years on a field trip and that was it. Baltimore, on the other hand, was where my family had roots and that was always my city.

My fandom is as such: Orioles, followed very closely by Ravens. Those are the only two teams I really bleed for.

Living down in South Florida now, I follow the Marlins as my NL team, although they haven't given me a whole lot to cheer for in the past few years. (2003 was a blast though--loved going to the postseason games.)

University of Maryland paid my dad's salary, so I have some degree of passive loyalty to them. Probably the only time I followed basketball heavily (pro or college) was at the height of Garyland in the early 2000s.

My alma mater has a FCS team (although it didn't when I went there). I "follow" them in the sense I check the scores every week, but it's virtually impossible to watch them like one would watch a FBS team. I will say I've temporarily become a New York Mets fan this postseason. I normally dislike all New York teams, but Jake DeGrom played at my college so I've adopted them on that grounds. (If he played for the Yankees though, fat chance). Plus I'm still bitter at KC for knocking out the O's last year, although better them in there than Toronto.

I have a very weird thing for the Jags. Probably because they're such a guaranteed perennial underdog that it doesn't threaten my Ravens fandom. My family vacationed in the North Florida area the summer they started playing, so as bitter as I was that Baltimore got completely gypped in the expansion derby, I couldn't help but like how excited Jacksonville was about getting a team. (Besides, things worked out so much better with Baltimore getting the Ravens in the end. I doubt the Lerner owned Baltimore Bombers would have given us 2 Super Bowl victories.) Plus they were the nearest NFL team to where I went to college so I'd see them on TV a lot.

Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. I root for the Os, Ravens, Terps (Basketball/Football) and Wizards. Not a hockey fan.

Os future looks bleak. A few years of mediocrity coming our way. Cheap owner and a depleted farm system.

Terps basketball is going to be awesome this year. This is our window of opportunity to win it all this year because I'm pretty sure we'll have a few players leave early and go pro.

Terps football....if there's any chance to land a big time coach its now

Wizards, became a season ticket holder last year. The future is bright.

I'm from Buffalo originally and still try to follow the Sabres since I went to their games a lot as a kid.

The Caps are all I have left. Dale Jr. got knocked out of the Chase yesterday. This year blows.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Ravens
    Os
    Terps

I can never see me rooting for a DC team (Caps or Wizards/Les Bullet')

Loved minor-league hockey when it was here in Baltimore.

Like UMBC basketball.

Love watching D-3 basketball - men or women (Hopkins, McDaniel, Goucher, etc.): Players are purely in it for the competition and not trying to "get to the next level"...lots of passing, teamwork and strategy....not the 5 one-on-one games that the D1 game has seemed to morph into recently.
    Terps are most definitely a DC team.

Ravens and Orioles. I just can no longer get into college football much even though I'm here in the thick of SEC country and FSU. I used to follow the Terps and Hokies when I lived in MD.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Being that I at one point wore the Navy uniform, I do root for them as well. The Army/Navy game is one of the best games anyone can go to.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd rank my teams (from highest level of fandom to lowest):

Clemson football (alumnus)
    Caps (STH)
    Ravens/O's
    Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Being that I at one point wore the Navy uniform, I do root for them as well. The Army/Navy game is one of the best games anyone can go to.

One of the best rivalries in college football.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I'm Ravens football first, Terp basketball second, General NBA fan third, O's fourth, Terps football fifth and Caps sixth.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.