Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Lewis on Charlie Rose

http://www.hulu.com/watch/860466

man im not even going to try to tell yall what this about, just so much stuff to talk about. might be the best 30 minutes you spend this whole month.
    check it out!

Re: Ray Lewis on Charlie Rose

A sack is just a overrated tackle. Wtf he would fit right in with Ops. Sigh. Someone needs to take Mosley in a room, lock him in and make him watch EVERY single interview, every highlight reel, every play RAY was ever involved in. Just shove food under the door.

And he said it right. College, and even leaking down into HS Im sure. Are teaching weak ass ways to tackle. Because the NFL has screwed it up so badly. Protecting players my ass. Buckle up them chinstraps son. Improve helmet technology if youre worried about concussions. Seriously. We go into fucking combat every single day with less tech than these guys do. We have helmets that will take a 7.62 fired from a AK47 and you can stay in the fight. Awe you got tackled hard? STFU. Price you pay. Buck up son. Cant stand the pussification of America much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    Someone needs to take Mosley in a room, lock him in and make him watch EVERY single interview, every highlight reel, every play RAY was ever involved in. Just shove food under the door.
    WOW! What an interview...thanks for sharing! What a pleasure it was to watch Ray bring two SB trophies to Charm City over the years....yes, it was Ray's toughness, leadership, and hard ass mindset that brought Ws to this team. Too bad the rest of our Defense at present is just waiting on a paycheck, and we the fan are paying the price.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by RavensZ06 View Post
    A sack is just a overrated tackle. Wtf he would fit right in with Ops. Sigh. Someone needs to take Mosley in a room, lock him in and make him watch EVERY single interview, every highlight reel, every play RAY was ever involved in. Just shove food under the door.

And he said it right. College, and even leaking down into HS Im sure. Are teaching weak ass ways to tackle. Because the NFL has screwed it up so badly. Protecting players my ass. Buckle up them chinstraps son. Improve helmet technology if youre worried about concussions. Seriously. We go into fucking combat every single day with less tech than these guys do. We have helmets that will take a 7.62 fired from a AK47 and you can stay in the fight. Awe you got tackled hard? STFU. Price you pay. Buck up son. Cant stand the pussification of America much longer.
    Then kill all the lawyers. You blaming the wrong party, do you really think the NFL wants to curb the part of the game that fans love 2nd only to big scoring plays? Fans love big hits and the NFL knows it. Reality is though, CTE is a very real phenomenon. Extremely real, as real as cancer is and every bit as deadly.

Now that their bogeyman (CTE) has a name, has a way of being measured in terms of the number of players being effected (autopsy being conclusive) the NFL can no longer play dumb and act as if they have no clue what is going on. To do so would put them in a state of liability that could literally devastate them financially. The NFL has probably overreached in their effort to look like they care, they have probably been told that it is better to overreach than under in this situation from a legal standpoint.

The NFL is faced with a crisis here that I think very few fans can really get a grasp on. This problem will only get worse as we eventually are able to diagnose and evaluate the condition via imaging as it progresses rather than based on post mortems and variable symptomology. Soak in the information below and think about how liable the NFL actually is and will be if they do not react strongly to show reasonable attempts to protect their employees.

"The researchers tested the brains of 165 former football players who competed at the high school, college, semi-pro or professional level. Of those tested, 131 showed signs of CTE." That is 79%. Of NFL players that number was 87 of 91 or 96%. 96% of the tested ex-NFL players tested had a progressive and devastating neurological condition....but ya its all about "pussification of America".
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Correy Dillon, Fred Taylor, Jerome Bettis, Eddie George.
    What these youngins know bout playing linebacker.
    Hi, I'm the 2000 Ravens defense and I have DirecTV.

And I'm the 2015 Ravens defense and I have cable

Blog Entries

I'd follow Ray into a lions den.

Blog Entries

His father left the day he was born and he found it in himself to reconcile years later? Wow.

I've listened to 5 minutes of this is it's already a very compelling personal story. I didn't know all this about Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I'd follow Ray into a lions den.

i was ready to go tackle someone last night lol

Thanks Baldy for posting this. That clip was 30 minutes of PURE AWESOMENESS!!

Blog Entries

This needs to be standard material for every Ravens defender.

Definitely worth watching for sure.
    We as Ravens fans were so fortunate to have him here representing and leading this team for so long.
    I look at it as the reward and prize we got for being without a team for 13 years.
    The story about him riding in the car for 6 hours in North Carolina with his father and never saying a word, and what happened when they got to their destination was fascinating to me.

Toughest running back he ever faced in his opinion (at least in college) was Lawrence Phillips.
    Rather ironic to say the least since we all know the story regarding the Ravens and Phillips.

Brings up some good points when he talks about the linebacker position regarding there not being anybody in the game today playing that position that stands out the way he did, LT did, Butkus, etc.
    He's right.

He's also right about several things regarding the position, how it's supposed to be played, the rules now and a host of other things.

I'm not much of a book reader but definitely might have to get that book.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    "The researchers tested the brains of 165 former football players who competed at the high school, college, semi-pro or professional level. Of those tested, 131 showed signs of CTE." That is 79%. Of NFL players that number was 87 of 91 or 96%. 96% of the tested ex-NFL players tested had a progressive and devastating neurological condition
    This is true, but remember it is 96% of TESTED ex-players. Not 96% of all players. The ones who got tested were the ones where the family already suspected a problem. It's a self-selected group – this sample was always going to have a high percentage.

I mean, 96% is damn high. But we can't generalize from that to say that virtually all players get this condition. The true percentage is likely much lower – I bet it's around 35% or so.

Which of course is still too high. I'm just saying the true percentage is not "virtually all".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    The NFL is faced with a crisis here that I think very few fans can really get a grasp on. This problem will only get worse as we eventually are able to diagnose and evaluate the condition via imaging as it progresses rather than based on post mortems and variable symptomology. Soak in the information below and think about how liable the NFL actually is and will be if they do not react strongly to show reasonable attempts to protect their employees.
    I'd rephrase that; I'd say the NFL is facing a crisis that threatens all of football. And they actually have something to gain from keeping the focus on them, rather than on the rest of football. Imagine if research confirms a widespread risk to all participants in tackle football. NFL players are adults, and are getting paid: someone could try to make a legal argument that they are informed enough to assume the risk. But think younger.

Think about HS football players, and pee wee. Those are minor children. They cannot give informed consent. It is not a very big step at all, to see tackle football abolished for minors. Imagine no grass roots football. Then where does your supply of players for college programs come from?