Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How many players away from Super Bowl Contention?

The Ravens rough start is overall a good thing for the franchise. Ozzie Newsome has remade this team on the fly for twenty years, but it's about time to reboot the system. This is a time to catch up with the other teams in our division. All of them are much faster than the Ravens!

On offense we have a good line and scheme. Now we need 4 guys that can run and catch and can run.. Another rb won't hurt as well. With a proven franchise quarterback who is used to working with crappy wideouts any upgrades would be beneficial.

Defensively, besides Jimmy Smith we need three starters in the secondary. Up front we need two young pass rushers and A weak side backer. I would love to use Sizzle like the Steelers use Harrison as well.Thats experience that helps the team and prolongs his career.

That's about seven guys, and you still have to maintain the core you have. I'm optimistic but there is a lot of work to be done

Blog Entries

Re: How many players away from Super Bowl Contention?

IMO here's what they need:

- 2 wide receivers (at least solid #2s). This does not include Perriman. Let's hope he comes back healthy. Next year I'd like to see this: Perriman, New Wide Out #1, New Wide Out #2, Aiken, Campanaro (not returning kicks), Givens and/or Ross.

- Kicker returner. Maybe it's Jeremy Ross. If not go find someone. Think Jermaine Lewis/Jacoby Jones.

- 1 starting cornerback opposite Jimmy. Webb is done as a starter. Maybe he's a nickelback. They'll need a few more backups. Maybe Arrington/Walker do better as backups.

- Pass rusher.

SPEED, THEY NEED SPEED.

Oh, and a new defensive coordinator.

It's sounds like a lot but with a few good draft picks and the right FA or two they could be there. Hopefully Suggs, Perriman come back healthy. I'd like to see Elam and A. Brown in a new system also.

Blog Entries

Need corners and pass rush. Webb has seen better days and Arrington not working out. Orr is coming on pretty good, Jernigan, Z Smith. They have a good rotation.

Oline graded out very well last week, especially Monroe.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

First I'll qualify this with the hopes that Pees and the entire defensive staff will be replaced with a young, aggressive DC that knows how to scheme. If that happens, we would not be that far behind the Bengals and Steelers. Starting cb opposite Jimmy, young speedy pass rusher to complement Suggs and Doom, starting wr. Give us that, and we'll be back in the playoffs.

Potentially 3-4 starters. I say potentially because who knows what we have in Perriman and if Smith will come back for one more year.
    1. OLB pass rusher. Ravens need an edge rusher in the upcoming draft.
    2. CB. They need a #2 Corner.
    3. WR. Right now they are going to need at least 1 WR.

I did not list OG because I think Urschel or Jensen can step in to the starting spot. I did not list safety because we have some players there and it may be more coaching than personnel.

I really believe the D would be much better with a new DC. I think Pees is not a fit and his message to the players is lost. On offense the team really needs WRs. Two if Smith leaves. They also need the young TEs to take the next step. Perriman is a wild card. I think Trestman in year two will make improvements. I am concerned about the inability to get the run game going.

Blog Entries

I don't see this as a team that is a ton of players away from contention...they really just need four guys - two good receivers, a good corner, and a good pass rusher. I think they are more or less fine everywhere else. You'd probably like to have more speed overall from the front seven, but with stronger pass rush and a more reliable CB2 I think they are fine.

Blog Entries

5-6 impact players and 5-6 solid back up players.

They are a long long way from ever sniffing a Superbowl again.

Of course they need playmakers and speed. But even more than that they need a change in philosophy. The need to understand how football is played in 2015 - its a pass oriented game played from the shotgun. You are not going to smash mouth run your way to a Superbowl anymore

They have the most important piece which is a qb who can do it. They have some good pieces but when you compare them to a team like Cincy which is loaded from top to bottom, it seems like it might be more than a one off-season fix

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    They are a long long way from ever sniffing a Superbowl again.

Of course they need playmakers and speed. But even more than that they need a change in philosophy. The need to understand how football is played in 2015 - its a pass oriented game played from the shotgun. You are not going to smash mouth run your way to a Superbowl anymore
    The game is the game. Seattle would beg to differ that this is a pass happy template for success, why would they change. They have a qb with a big arm and smash mouth maximizes that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    The game is the game. Seattle would beg to differ that this is a pass happy template for success, why would they change. They have a qb with a big arm and smash mouth maximizes that.
    The Seahawks lost their DC and now their defense falls apart. The Ravens might need more help in the coaching area than the the player area to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Seahawks lost their DC and now their defense falls apart. The Ravens might need more help in the coaching area than the the player area to succeed.
    Yep. People don't understand that a new coach with the same exact players can do wonders. SEA has fallen apart without Quinn, and look at what Quinn is doing for Atlanta.