Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Are You Going To Watch the Ravens MNF Game Vs the Other Birds?

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Yeah I'll watch. Steve Smith will play his heart out and that's exciting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This!!!!

I get up at 4:15 am for work the next day, so first half is the most I can promise. If we play 'em tough maybe I get motivated to give up some more sleep.

Blog Entries

Of course I will watch. If nothing else, this season takes me back to the late 90s when I was grateful just to have a football team in Baltimore again, and was just happy to root for them to win a game - any game - at all. I remember sitting behind the third base dugout with my dad against the Titans, yelling at Al Del Greco, and cheering on Bam Morris to score a TD on our side of the end zone so I could get a good picture (didn't happen). So if that's our worst case scenario (and looking back on it, it was) I'm fine.

I will steam up some oysters and have a few beers, enjoy life, and hope the Ravens win one. Maybe somebody steps up. Maybe we see something that gives us a reason to think we've seen the worst of it, and things are back on the upswing.

And you never know what you might see. I feel bad for any Michigan State fans who turned off that game on Saturday. So yes, I will be watching.

I like many others went thru 12 seasons of no Bmore team in the NFL, and I remember being force fed the Skins every Sunday. It was a barren wasteland. I also remember feeling pretty damn despondent after Jacksonville got named as the last expansion franchise in 94. Needlessly to say, I will always appreciate that we have the Ravens now and will watch every game cheering (and sometimes jeering) them on.... even if they are as bad as the 81 & 82 Colts.

Blog Entries

I'll be watching. I have Fitz on my fantasy and I can't wait for him to put up a hundred and a TD.
    I wish Palmer was on the waiver wire. I'd add him for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm not a fair weather fan. So yes, I'm watching it.
    This really should be the end of the thread. Through the good and the bad, I won't forget those years as a child being force-fed the Washington Redskins and only having to hear about the Baltimore Colts from stories around town. I will watch every single Ravens game, in it's entirety, no matter how bad they look.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This really should be the end of the thread. Through the good and the bad, I won't forget those years as a child being force-fed the Washington Redskins and only having to hear about the Baltimore Colts from stories around town. I will watch every single Ravens game, in it's entirety, no matter how bad they look.
    This.
    But I will probably drink a little heavier to ease the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I'll be watching. I have Fitz on my fantasy and I can't wait for him to put up a hundred and a TD.
    You pessimist you!

An optimist would think Flipper Anderson's 336yds record is in trouble ;)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I wish Palmer was on the waiver wire. I'd add him for sure.
    I have Fitz too, but I'm sure John Brown will get all the glory.

Blog Entries

You do know that by considering not watching the game because they haven't played well makes you by definition a fair weather fan right??? If you weren't sure if you were one or not this is a good place to start.

Blog Entries

Since I will be attending the game, yes. But I will presumably be very drunk by then

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    You do know that by considering not watching the game because they haven't played well makes you by definition a fair weather fan right??? If you weren't sure if you were one or not this is a good place to start.
    Actually that is not true. A fair weather fan only follows a team when they are winning. Even if I don't watch this, I will dissect all the news on the game the day after, listen to the sports stations discuss it, and hope for the best next season with high draft picks. A fair weather fan would not give a damn unless they were winning. Sorry, I've spent too many thousands of dollars over the years going to games, jersey's, purchasing Raven's charity footballs, etc to be called a fair weather fan...if I choose not to watch because it's too painful does not warrant that moniker.