Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Dear Marc Trestman

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I've seen several people post this, but Trestman isn't the one throwing the ball, Flacco is. There is value in having a WR go long in a 3rd and short scenario because it clears out defenders for underneath routes, so I'm not sure why people are pissed at Trestman for calling a play with a WR running deep. I'd direct your concern at the QB who throws it deep instead of letting the underneath routes develop.
    I agree that Flacco shouldn't be throwing the ball to guys he knows aren't open and can't get open. However, a lot of this reminds me of Cam where we'd have 3rd and 2 and he'd have Flacco in the gun with an empty backfield. IOW, just announcing that we're going to pass. It makes no sense.

Watching the Giants Offense and I just realized, I don't remember the last time a slant was called.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I've seen several people post this, but Trestman isn't the one throwing the ball, Flacco is. There is value in having a WR go long in a 3rd and short scenario because it clears out defenders for underneath routes, so I'm not sure why people are pissed at Trestman for calling a play with a WR running deep. I'd direct your concern at the QB who throws it deep instead of letting the underneath routes develop.
    Who is he supposed to throw it to? Those underneath routes weren't coming open in the amount of time it required for him to get rid of the ball, so he went the deep route. The better question is, why aren't we able to call a play on 3rd and 2 that gives a playmaker a chance underneath? The few times we have gotten the ball to an underneath playmaker on those situations, they always get blown up before the first down marker. Seems like there is no healthy option for Joe to go to in those plays, they're always a failure on all fronts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Watching the Giants Offense and I just realized, I don't remember the last time a slant was called.

You trust Kamar Aiken to not get cut off running a slant?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You trust Kamar Aiken to not get cut off running a slant?

Maybe not against the niners, but they have run more underneath crosses and slants than any other year with Flacco. The bigger problems are looking like red zone, not enough explosive plays and an inconsistent running game.

Blog Entries

lololol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Awesome.